ADVERTISEMENT

Government Weather Modification aka Cloud Seeding

I think there’s a big difference between “hey maybe we can do this. Let’s look into it” and “the United States Government is run by Cobra Commander and he’s creating hurricanes and throwing them at people”

I just don’t see how any rational person can believe some of this nonsense that goes around.

But the idea we can control the weather is a pretty good one. Rain when you need. 70 and sunny when you want it. Give me that one.

Reactions: smac99
Ironically, the only thing that "stops" a hurricane is land. Land, especially mountainous regions, will zap a hurricane's fuel source really quick.

Hence why Milton after passing over Florida, is now a shell of its former self.

Warm water (like the Gulf) helps making those things just explode in size and strength.

At one point, some scientists reportedly actually contemplated using icebergs to diffuse hurricanes. But, we know that we CANNOT waste any icebergs today.

• Haha
Reactions: bubba_bomb
Some of the people who are ragging on those in this thread who believe it might be possible to manipulate the weather (don't know myself) are some of the same people who believe men can get pregnant, Biden was sharp 6 months ago, and Anna Nicole married for love. Some of that critical thinking being bantered around.

I doubt that there's one single person who's posted in this thread who believes that men can get pregnant, that Biden's mental faculties haven't been on a sharp decline for quite some time, or whatever else it is you're talking about.

On the other hand, there are most definitely people who have posted in this thread who believe that the universe was spoken into existence, that our planet's only a few thousand years old, and that the tale of Noah's Ark actually happened. "Some of that critical thinking being bantered around" indeed. ;)

I doubt that there's one single person who's posted in this thread who believes that men can get pregnant, that Biden's mental faculties haven't been on a sharp decline for quite some time, or whatever else it is you're talking about.

On the other hand, there are most definitely people who have posted in this thread who believe that the universe was spoken into existence, that our planet's only a few thousand years old, and that the tale of Noah's Ark actually happened. "Some of that critical thinking being bantered around" indeed. ;)
So we're devolving into politics. OK.

Biden's mental faculties were on a sharp decline before he was elected. It was obvious. We told you in 2019.

Men can get pregnant is a pRoGrEsSiVe idea that all of their political candidates push along with the other doctrines of the woke mind virus. This is currently a much more wide-spread impact on society than that relatively small bunch of YEC that are so lazily easy to ridicule and dismiss.

But I would guess you and/or your comrades in this thread voted for Biden and plan to vote for Harris.

See, you really DGAF about your own poor judgement or the mental corruption your party pushes on society or how it affects critical thinking. It's your religion and somehow justifiable.

So please, drop the highly sophisticated and intelligent bullshit. You're no better than anyone else. Given the current leftist insanity, I would say you need to adjust your priorities. wink wink.

Ironically, the only thing that "stops" a hurricane is land. Land, especially mountainous regions, will zap a hurricane's fuel source really quick.

Hence why Milton after passing over Florida, is now a shell of its former self.

Warm water (like the Gulf) helps making those things just explode in size and strength.
Asheville says what.

Winds in western North Carolina were higher than they were in Georgia. Freakish storm in so many ways.

No, we cannot "stop" a hurricane, even if we really, really wanted to.

This thread is causing me to type sentences I never thought I'd have to type.
I meant from a pure physics perspective. Like what would it take? NOAA says the only way to do it is getting liquid nitrogen to cool the water... but that would require more liquid nitrogen that has ever been produced by a factor of a lot.

Asheville says what.

Winds in western North Carolina were higher than they were in Georgia. Freakish storm in so many ways.
It also wasn’t a hurricane at that point. But combined with another stalled low that was already dumping rain in the region.

The winds were higher because mountains do increase wind speeds, just like a wind tunnel. That’s why they were having trouble getting helicopters in and out for a couple of days.

Reactions: GJNorman
No, we cannot "stop" a hurricane, even if we really, really wanted to.

This thread is causing me to type sentences I never thought I'd have to type.
So you come on a other discussions forum on a sports website of all places and critique people about what, where and how they post, instead of just skipping the topic and posting on threads that are of interest to you. Why does ever topic need to get your approval? Go to a academic website and share your enlightened views with the rest of the world and save us from viewing your self-righteous, self-flattering BS.

BTW, you remind me of a guy that I know that went to Duke University and started a sports website. You sure you're not him?

Reactions: bubba_bomb
How is this any different than any other conspiracy that follows major tragedies? It's like people substitute religion with conspiracy. There some psychological programming in humans to do this when they can't comprehend how powerless we actually are.

"But we MIGHT be right?!"

Okay, cool. Show evidence. Humans have the capabilities to do a lot of things. Some of those capabilities are also over-stated. But regardless, what evidence do you have that any hurricane that in this season was caused by weather modification? Any evidence at all?

Furthermore, is there any evidence at all, whatsoever, than humans have intentionally "created ANY hurricane?" Just one instance?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT