ADVERTISEMENT

Goodbye Cal!

don’t care how “hungry” cal is supposed to be now. he’s a mid-60’s millionaire with a legacy. he’s not a good coach and a top notch staff only helps slightly because cal overrides and sabotages. he’s the worst in-game coach in the sec, maybe in america. men’s or woman’s. enjoy.

... I actually feel sorry for the Arkansas fans in some sort of strange way. They are going to need some type of intervention in the near future.
I was actually concerned seriously I was about Arkansas reneging on the deal once enough people looked at the facts and numbers but THANK GOD they didn't and now we are free. Freshmen haven't scared anyone for YEARS now!!!

Goodbye to loyal fans saving up all year to attend the SEC tournament and then hear their head coach declare it is a meaningless event.
Yep, when dumbass said that, I haven't been to one since.
Why waste my money, time and sanity when that arrogant ass didn't even care to show up.
Thank you Lord for letting us have a new coach

Reactions: KFuqua
All of your fears would have ultimately came true for good had Cal stayed here with the way this program was trending with new all-time low points and double-digit losses, first round flameouts in the SEC & NCAA Tournament. Cal left this program in the shitter. At least Cal had holdovers like Miller, Patterson, Liggins, Harrelson and even players like Stevenson & Harris left from the Tubby days. The cupboard is bare because of how he turned UK into an NBA G-League affiliate. Brow beat us trying to tell us how to be fans and the Cal dick riders shaming us every chance they could while rubbing in minimal accomplishments in our face.

damn straight!

Goodbye Cal!

Goodbye “GO!” AAU offense

Goodbye being shredded for 40mins by simple ballscreens

Goodbye losing to accountants and future ice cream truck drivers in the first round

Goodbye being a glorified G-League team!

Goodbye stupidly playing with 6-7 freshmen every single season!

Goodbye not playing our best players because of hurt feelings

Goodbye building a culture of “We are the University of Calipari”

Goodbye ignoring analytics and being too stubborn to do any game prep or in-game adjustments!
I have been pretty pissed since the announcement it was going to happen. Extremely pissed. However there are so many things you mention I am not going to miss and to Pope’s credit he wouldn’t allow to happen here. Now if he can get players and win or atleast whip that Arkansas a$$ I’d feel better. I’m gonna watch from a distance and Hope for Pope. Maybe the Nil should be called Pope’s Hope fund.

The lack of self awareness to post ''goodbye winning tradition'' when we have one tournament win in 5 years is astounding.
Winning tradition since UK's existence. A 5 year period is hardly long enough to establish any kind of tradition

Goodbye 5 star recruits, goodbye tournament appearances, goodbye any chance of a championship, goodbye winning tradition. Hello Indiana! We are just like you
Goodbye first round losses, goodbye never seeing the best of 5 star recruits at UK, goodbye lack of in-game adjustments, we said goodbye to any chance of winning a title years ago, goodbye to incoherent answers to interview questions, goodbye to the players first program (and good riddance!). Maybe Pope isn’t the guy, but we KNOW Cal wasn’t the guy anymore. Goodbye Cal, door let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

Last edited:
Reactions: KFuqua and TPush
Goodbye first round losses, goodbye never seeing the best of 5 star recruits at UK, goodbye lack in game adjustments, we said goodbye to any chance of winning a title years ago, goodbye to incoherent answers to interview questions, goodbye to the players first program (and good riddance!). Maybe Pope isn’t the guy, but we KNOW Cal wasn’t the guy anymore. Goodbye Cal, door let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

Amen, Ferg!!

What was Hurleys track record at Rhode Island? Oates’ at Buffalo. The haters in here don’t seem to grasp the fact that Pope is the coach at KENTUCKY. He’s no longer hamstrung by BYU’s strict rules, small budget and I’d guess non existent NIL funds. He/we’ll be fine, better than before and NOTHING like indiana.
Indiana is getting players and has NIL, Woodson just isn’t a great coach.

the OP sounds like so many others complaining….hand-wringing, anxiety filled, scared and “triggered” by any change whatsoever.

Bottom line: cal wasn’t cutting it anymore. That’s a fact backed up by objective data. Also, his “schtick” (constantly blaming poor outcomes on roster youth, despite him continually constructing the roster that way every single year; and speaking to fans like they are 6 years old) had worn thin. it was time for a change period.

Maybe Pope flames out. Maybe he becomes a hall of famer. But I personally welcome this change and can’t wait to see how it works out

the OP sounds like so many others complaining….hand-wringing, anxiety filled, scared and “triggered” by any change whatsoever.

Bottom line: cal wasn’t cutting it anymore. That’s a fact backed up by objective data. Also, his “schtick” (constantly blaming poor outcomes on roster youth, despite him continually constructing the roster that way every single year; and speaking to fans like they are 6 years old) had worn thin. it was time for a change period.

Maybe Pope flames out. Maybe he becomes a hall of famer. But I personally welcome this change and can’t wait to see how it works out
I wasn't opposed to Cal leaving or staying. I just didn't think we could get anything better.

Did you have this saved as a draft two nights ago and just now decide to post it or what?
jim carrey disbelief GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT