ADVERTISEMENT

Goodbye Cal!

I love Pope. He's just not a household name. Maybe he will surprise us all and kick butt in recruiting and wins. It's hard to see that happening though. I'm definitely rooting for the guy. He was one of my favorite players behind Mash.
Translation: "New coach has not even given his first press conference, but screw him anyway because he's not a 'household name'. The 1995-96 team was a myth, I tell you"

Shaking my GD head.

HE CAN'T

bbc one fish GIF by BBC

Hate to break it to you, but keeping Cal around would have made Kentucky Indiana for sure. Have you not noticed the downward spiral here? Have 'fans' accepting mediocrity with his 10+ loss seasons and first weekend flameouts. No coach did less with more! He certainly wasn't living up to the standard here anymore and some 'fans' are still stuck on past glory like the Cal that came here and from '09-19' was the same Cal.
I didn't say keep Cal. I was just hoping for a coach with a proven track record. Didn't get it

On the contrary. I'd love to post an apology on how I was so wrong, but this path is eerily similar to Indiana. Nobody wants to to be more wrong than me. Just don't see it happening

I didn't say keep Cal. I was just hoping for a coach with a proven track record. Didn't get it
What was Hurleys track record at Rhode Island? Oates’ at Buffalo. The haters in here don’t seem to grasp the fact that Pope is the coach at KENTUCKY. He’s no longer hamstrung by BYU’s strict rules, small budget and I’d guess non existent NIL funds. He/we’ll be fine, better than before and NOTHING like indiana.

Hate to break it to you, but keeping Cal around would have made Kentucky Indiana for sure. Have you not noticed the downward spiral here? Having 'fans' accepting mediocrity with his 10+ loss seasons and first weekend flameouts. No coach did less with more! He certainly wasn't living up to the standard here anymore and some 'fans' are still stuck on past glory like the Cal that came here and from '09-19' was the same Cal.
... I actually feel sorry for the Arkansas fans in some sort of strange way. They are going to need some type of intervention in the near future.

• Love
Reactions: kywildcat41086
Did you have this saved as a draft two nights ago and just now decide to post it or what?
Took them forever to write it. Probably had 6-7 drafts of it. Toiled night and day, ran it through Grammarly to eliminate the misuse of “it’s”, then showed their 8th grade class for approval from the teacher and students.

Then it arrived here. Hot and steamy.

Now, they have printed the original for their mom in hopes of putting it on their fridge.

So much pride.

... I actually feel sorry for the Arkansas fans in some sort of strange way. They are going to need some type of intervention in the near future.
They're showing their asses online. Let them figure it out on their own. Arkansas will be good because of the players, but the coaching will be suspect. Youth doesn't have the power now that it did when Cal got his start at Kentucky.

Goodbye 5 star recruits, goodbye tournament appearances, goodbye any chance of a championship, goodbye winning tradition. Hello Indiana! We are just like you
Dumbest post of the week, What had Cal done in the last 9 years, one good run to an elite 8. Embarrassing losses to no name schools I had never heard of until we lost to them. Lost to Evansville and other third tier schools at Rupp. So yes good bye Cal

You were looking to buy a brand. If you fully understood how difficult to near impossible it is to recruit at BYU, considering all the self-imposed restrictions and then look at what Pope accomplished, you might change your mind. Go look at some tape and do a little research. BYU beat both Kansas and Baylor this year with 2-star players playing within his system. We're gonna be fine.

Reactions: BlazerHallsBallsN96
Goodbye 5 star recruits, goodbye tournament appearances, goodbye any chance of a championship, goodbye winning tradition. Hello Indiana! We are just like you
Arkansas is south I’m sure they have room on the wagon if you want to join. I have news for you we were never going to ever get another Championship with Bozo in charge we were turning into Indiana with Cal coaching this team. Our winning tradition with Cal in charge went out the door when he didn’t leave for UCLA in 2019 just look at our record since then…..

Hiring former players because they can't get the coach the wanted
WHO did you want? Your post history shows another gloom and doom thread from the other day and another where you called BBN “the most toxic fan base” and multiple posts in the “coaches aren’t beating down our door” thread. You’re a one trick pony Cal guy and now that he’s gone you’re lost. Get with Pope or get gone.

damn straight!

Goodbye Cal!

Goodbye “GO!” AAU offense

Goodbye being shredded for 40mins by simple ballscreens

Goodbye losing to accountants and future ice cream truck drivers in the first round

Goodbye being a glorified G-League team!

Goodbye stupidly playing with 6-7 freshmen every single season!

Goodbye not playing our best players because of hurt feelings

Goodbye building a culture of “We are the University of Calipari”

Goodbye ignoring analytics and being too stubborn to do any game prep or in-game adjustments!
Amen brother what a damn relief it will be!!!!!

Reactions: jwphelps
LOL ... we won't need 5-star recruits the way Cal did. Pope actually has a system that drives the opposing coaches nuts trying to defend it. Can't wait for the Arkansas game next year. Trust me, UK will still be Arky's SUPERBOWL.
See I am not sold on this not getting talent. Cal pissed every big donor in the state off, could get the NIL money he wanted. Just as soon as Cal left NIL money went out the roof and it will not stop going up. UK will be able to get who ever they want, freshmen or transfer. I Pope will put together a roster that plays as a team not for their draft status.

See I am not sold on this not getting talent. Cal pissed every big donor in the state off, could get the NIL money he wanted. Just as soon as Cal left NIL money went out the roof and it will not stop going up. UK will be able to get who ever they want, freshmen or transfer. I Pope will put together a roster that plays as a team not for their draft status.
I think you're absolutely right. I'm excited for the future of UK basketball for the first time in a while.

I think you're absolutely right. I'm excited for the future of UK basketball for the first time in a while.
Exactly and for the first time in a long time I can’t wait for October to get here. Let’s go Cats and let’s go Coach Pope…. That still sounds weird even saying about Pope.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
What happens when cousins marry....😉

You got me there. It's just hard accepting the fact that we are no longer the program of excellence from the past. Hope I'm wrong
We weren't a program of excellence under Calipari the last 5-7 years. No one knows how Pope will work out but, I am ready for a program reset. Whatever fire Calipari had back in the day is now gone. Or, at least it was at UK.
Sidenote, since you can see the future, why are you wasting time on a messageboard instead of heading out to buy a lotto ticket???

Reactions: Cawood86
Interesting the first thing this person lists is 5 star recruits. Coaches like Hurley, Wright, Self and others have gotten titles recent years with only a very few or no 5 star recruits. Give Mark Pope time and perhaps he can do the same.

You've only got active on the board because your lover left. Put your high heels on and be like Tammy Wynette and stand by your Cal.

• Haha
Really. Being a UK fan should mean more about the name on the front of the jersey than the back

Reactions: Catfan2226
Cal missed the NCAA tournament twice in 15 years. I’m 56 years old and don’t think any other coach has missed the tournament even once in my lifetime that wasn’t a probation system. Could be wrong on that though, regardless cal still missed twice in:?(ears.

Goodbye party liquor! Gunnery, you have a good'un! Masturbation... uh... let's just call it a hiatus. From now on, I am a bushhog on the front-end loader of the Lord!

Hello to a coach that loves Kentucky the university and not just the NBA like our former coach.

Reactions: Catfan2226
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT