ADVERTISEMENT

Gonzaga's Recruiting

Playing in a power conference would have made it more unlikely but yeah they certainly could have done it.

Alabama had 2 SEC losses.

Gonzaga is better than they are.

It's not unreasonable to think the Zags couldn't have run the table in the SEC...........or Pac 12..........or Big East.......or ACC.
Were they REALLY better than Bama, though? I don’t believe they were.

Kenpom still has the Zags above Baylor this morning LOL. Some model he's got there.

Yes because we know that the best team always wins every single game ever played.

Vegas had Gonzaga a 4 point favorite for a reason.

We were favored vs Wisconsin in 2015.

Does anyone here really believe just cause Wisconsin beat us that they were the better team? No one.

Reactions: kl40504 and STL_Cat
Were they REALLY better than Bama, though? I don’t believe they were.

Yes. They were.

I mean the entire season they were better than Alabama. Not to mention they beat the team that sent Alabama home. For all the talk about them not beating anyone higher than a 5 seed. That same 11 seed sent Alabama packing.

Reactions: STL_Cat
Yes because we know that the best team always wins every single game ever played.

Vegas had Gonzaga a 4 point favorite for a reason.

We were favored vs Wisconsin in 2015.

Does anyone here really believe just cause Wisconsin beat us that they were the better team? No one.
No but I do believe the best team doesn't get absolutely smoked by 16, woulda been more had they not put the walk ons in LOL.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Yes. They were.

I mean the entire season they were better than Alabama. Not to mention they beat the team that sent Alabama home. For all the talk about them not beating anyone higher than a 5 seed. That same 11 seed sent Alabama packing.
Well they both went to OT with UCLA. Had Bama hit their FTs they would’ve won that game going away. I believe it’s much closer than you think.

Reactions: Lempface
Well they both went to OT with UCLA. Had Bama hit their FTs they would’ve won that game going away. I believe it’s much closer than you think.
Bama played almost, if not their worst game of season against UCLA and like you said, had they shot a normal clip from the line they win going away. Then the Zags played REALLY REALLY good against UCLA, in an all time classic one of the best games in recent memory and it took a prayer from 1/3 court to win it in OT. It wasn't like the Zags played badly against UCLA, it was high quality basketball the whole way. Any team can have a stinker of a game shooting, it's just how it goes, but 'Bama was in position to beat UCLA by 8-12 on a normal night.

In the championship game the Zags were actually shooting a better percentage than Baylor for most of the game, not sure how it ended up, but they could not handle the defense causing turnover and offensive rebounding, it wasn't like the Zags just had a bad game, they were simply, and severely outclassed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT