ADVERTISEMENT

Gonna rush the floor. So embarrassing.

WACB

Senior
Nov 16, 2009
So glad UK fans would never rush the floor. For anybody. ANYBODY!

People have got to stop getting upset over court storming. Most of the time it goes smoothly and there's no problems. Seems this board makes it a much bigger problem than it ever is.

Jmo not bashing the OP just my take.

Yeah UK doesn't do it. But if I were a NC ST fan at that game I sure would be on the court. What a great experience.

Get over yourself. The only reason UK fans don't rush the floor is because those that are closest to the floor aren't capable of rushing anything because they are too old. LOL

Cal should show this video of NC state rushing the floor to the guys and show them this is what's going to happen if they don't get their heads out of a$$es.

Originally posted by Kentuckiddy:
Cal should show this video of NC state rushing the floor to the guys and show them this is what's going to happen if they don't get their heads out of a$$es.
I almost thought you were going to say..."this is what would happen if you had gone to NCSt."
laugh.r191677.gif

It shows exactly where you are in the landscape of your sport, and it's certainly not at the top.

STORM IT, BAY-BEEEE!!!! I love it!! Celebrate, party your ass off. Crank up the music, dance to the exhilaration! BooYAH!

They really should ban court-storming. I guess K is used to it and shook the other teams hands while the clock was stopped with 5 seconds left, so they could hurry off the court at the buzzer.

Originally posted by Vandalayindustries:
They really should ban court-storming. I guess K is used to it and shook the other teams hands while the clock was stopped with 5 seconds left, so they could hurry off the court at the buzzer.
Unlike Roy who would have left the scrubs on the floor and gone to the locker room early. K did it right.

Originally posted by LmdCat:
Get over yourself. The only reason UK fans don't rush the floor is because those that are closest to the floor aren't capable of rushing anything because they are too old. LOL
Not true at all. Name the team that you would rush the court after a UK win. I'm truly curious who you think is worthy of a court rush. Just name the team.

(you won't)

Yea they really should just pass a general rule that college students should get serious, attend class, and stop trying to have fun.

That'll teach 'em to be more like well respected, stuffy, adults at an early age.

Originally posted by icalfan:

Not true at all. Name the team that you would rush the court after a UK win. I'm truly curious who you think is worthy of a court rush. Just name the team.

(you won't)
Just because I wouldn't rush the court doesn't mean that others can't or shouldn't.

BE YOUNG! ACT YOUNG! LIVE FOREVER! NEVER BE DULL! BE SPONTANEOUS! FOLLOW THE URGE! SPLURGE!

There's plenty of time to grow old and fartsy.

It's one thing when it's obvious (10 pt win). You're prepared and it's usually less mayhem. It's the watford sudden stormings that are dangerous

(you won't)
Just because I wouldn't rush the court doesn't mean that others can't or shouldn't.
I never said others can't or shouldn't. But you're basically saying "look at us, we're like a mid-major".

Originally posted by Alumna_2012:
I'm glad we don't, but I have no problem with teams like NC State doing it.
Absolutely! If I was a NCST fan, I would want to rush the court too. Just like we did when we be Bama in football.

UK fans have rushed the floor though in the past. They rushed the floor after beating Tennessee in 1973.

287qlnr.jpg

H/T to KapitalCat for finding and posting this pic in a previous thread.

Originally posted by Kycatspaws:
UK fans have rushed the floor though in the past. They rushed the floor after beating Tennessee in 1973.

ec

Tennessee? Wow! That is embarrassing! I'm glad that was before I was born.

Please tell me icalfan isn't one to trashes the "gray hairs!!"

That would be irony.

Originally posted by 3rex:
Please tell me icalfan isn't one to trashes the "gray hairs!!"

That would be irony.
confused0024.r191677.gif

I don't trash UK fans.

Originally posted by Kycatspaws:

ec
Tennessee? Wow! That is embarrassing! I'm glad that was before I was born.
Believe it or not, UT has always been our biggest rival...in football and basketball

(you won't)
I never said others can't or shouldn't. But you're basically saying "look at us, we're like a mid-major".
Fans don't speak for me; I speak for myself, just as I don't speak for others with my actions.

This post was edited on 1/11 4:27 PM by LmdCat

Ur trashing any UK fan who would dare have some fun after a big win.

Ur trashing any UK fan who would dare have some fun after a big win.
I don't know a single UK fan who would rush the court, so I'm not trashing anyone.

Is it wrong that I like to drink some Makers and smoke some reefer after a UK win? Or are we too good for that as well?

I think we should all just sit back & say, without smiling, and with no joy, in a deep grandpa voice...."that was a grand & glorious win."

then go out & make sure no kids are on our lawn

In all truth, I don't think most of the kids who rush the court have a clue about the game of bball. All they know is that they are playing a bitter rival, a highly ranked opponent, a team that they have been told to hate. Hell, after Vitale trashed us, he came to UK and was cheered by the fans in the stands like he was a hero. Most of the college kids know he is from ESPN but couldn't tell you who he coached or what he said a week earlier on national tv.

We at uk can be proud because our fans rushed the field when we lost. Way to make us all look bad!

I think we should all just sit back & say, without smiling, and with no joy, in a deep grandpa voice...."that was a grand & glorious win."

then go out & make sure no kids are on our lawn
Right, because floor rushing is the ONLY way to be excited and show support for your team. Got it!

"Now that our worthy opponent is sufficiently vanquished, I shall retire to Two Keys tavern, where we shall all enjoy the fruits of our victory with a glass of our favorite carbonated beverage...." Harumph

Some of you remind me of the staunch old farts we had here when Cal first got hired. This board was full of posts like "I hope he doesn't bring in players with tattoos" and "I hope we don't end up with a bunch of headband wearers". Ridiculous traditionalists, college sports are supposed to be there for the students FIRST. Let the young and lively decide how they will celebrate. Get off your high horse, and off your dying feet, sit there on your dead ass and enjoy, absorb a little youthful spirit.

Originally posted by OFWGKTA:
Yeah UK doesn't do it. But if I were a NC ST fan at that game I sure would be on the court. What a great experience.
I didn't have a problem at all with them storming the court today after beating Duke. Big in state rival, undefeated, ranked #2, that all adds up to a fantastic win. NC St has had some basketball success but it's not like they're one of the Bluebloods of college basketball so go ahead and celebrate. Personally, for me I just don't see the big deal in storming the court as it just seems like it's all for show and just what so many other schools do. Nothing different or special about it and not even a spur of the moment type of celebration. But, that's just me.

Originally posted by ftp000:
Some of you remind me of the staunch old farts we had here when Cal first got hired. This board was full of posts like "I hope he doesn't bring in players with tattoos" and "I hope we don't end up with a bunch of headband wearers". Ridiculous traditionalists, college sports are supposed to be there for the students FIRST. Let the young and lively decide how they will celebrate. Get off your high horse, and off your dying feet, sit there on your dead ass and enjoy, absorb a little youthful spirit.
A couple of things.
Name the team that you would rush the floor after a win at Rupp Arena. (you won't)I'm not old, I just understand where UK is in the college basketball landscape, which is at the top.I don't have a problem with tattoos or headbands, and I don't know anyone who does.The young students at UK have chosen to never rush the floor at Rupp, because they get it, as do the old.I have been to many games at Rupp and I get off my feet quite often. I cheer, I scream, I yell, I dance, I enjoy, but I would never rush the floor.My three young kids keep my youthful spirit alive and well. It's louder in my house during UK games than most, I'm sure. I'm all about cheering for your team. But rushing the floor shows exactly where you are as a team, and it's not at the top.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT