ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

She must have realized she isn't getting much due to the prenup so she will "work it out" with him.
Or she talked to Hurley's wife and she told her how to whip him and make him like it.
Roger Black Ppd GIF by NETFLIX

Finally got semi official word from two different members of Hurstbourne that the Ky Open/Isco/Barbasol was finally approved and will be at HCC in Louisville at least next year.

One other Rory tidbit that was not mentioned is that he was on the conference call the other day with the LIV/PIF group and stated that one thing they definitely want is ROI, which as Rory stated "they are apparently not getting at the moment". Confirms what we all have long suspected, i.e, that LIV in its present form is not making any money and most likely will never make any money. And while the Saudis have unlimited cash, at some point, no likes to just put a barrel full of $100 bills in a garbage can and set them on fire.

Wow, who could’ve seen that happening?

Absolute joke of a “league” and experiment, always has been, always will be. Thanks, Greg.

Fire it into the sun, reinstate the players that defected for the good of the sport, and let’s get this thing back on track.

Wow, who could’ve seen that happening?

Absolute joke of a “league” and experiment, always has been, always will be. Thanks, Greg.

Fire it into the sun, reinstate the players that defected for the good of the sport, and let’s get this thing back on track.

In exchange for LIV folding and a LARGE investment in PGA, I would throw LIV a bone and have a team event once or twice a year, maybe a 16 team four day playoff format, like the Sweet 16. Also have a tournament or two in S Africa and Australia and S America. That might really grow the game, tbh.

Reactions: CSC81
In exchange for LIV folding and a LARGE investment in PGA, I would throw LIV a bone and have a team event once or twice a year, maybe a 16 team four day playoff format, like the Sweet 16. Also have a tournament or two in S Africa and Australia and S America. That might really grow the game, tbh.
I could maybe get on board with a team event once a year and an international showing or two, provided that very large investment you spoke of also happens (not that my opinion matters 😂).

Already have the Zurich, so I think two additional team events would be a bit much with the already crowded schedule.

Reactions: Tskware
Meh. Tiger can get a sponsor's exemption to any signature event he wants so it's not really about him. Sponsors want to have Tiger (if he can and wants to play) plus all of their other sponsor exemptions (which have been going at a scuzzy rate to other members of the PAC/policy board). Basically, PAC/policy board members seem to be voting themselves another sponsor exemption.

Got no problem with it.
If you were the sponsor of a tournament, would you like Tiger to play in it or not play in it?

At this stage of his career, and specifically talking about the signature events, they are more than fine without him. This is a pity party, nothing more. He made his bed when he decided to get high and drive like a maniac....if he can't qualify for the events for which he doesn't have a career exemption, then he needs to take a seat.

Not being able to break 80, I think Tiger exemptions should go away. IF he was capable of even being competitive, not even winning, yes give him exemptions. But to watch him for two days (he is not making cuts), and posting +10 is painful. Go away gracefully.

^^^We're all human and I am sure he would have liked to have handled the end in a better fashion, but given what he has went thru the last few weeks w/ his own family issues, he definitely needs a break away from the game.

I don't think Tiger is the type who is going to continue to trot out there and embarrass himself. He can still play (obviously not at an elite level now) but being able to continue to see the greatest player of my generation play is not a bad thing. He will be on the Champions Tour in a few years so don’t think this exemption is going to matter much.

This just happened yesterday...and this guy is the best youtube golf instructor.

"Last night I drank too much, I had three beers..."

Very good stuff, thanks for sharing. But I would take him a lot more serious without the goofy ass hat, shirt and pink nose.

Very good stuff, thanks for sharing. But I would take him a lot more serious without the goofy ass hat, shirt and pink nose.
"Don't judge a book by its cover." That guy has transformed more beginners into sub-90 players than anyone on youtube. He's an expert on teaching course management. And I own one of the hats. They are super soft and comfortable.

"Don't judge a book by its cover." That guy has transformed more beginners into sub-90 players than anyone on youtube. He's an expert on teaching course management. And I own one of the hats. They are super soft and comfortable.
It was very good stuff. I stated as much. I would be able to focus more if not for the goofy ass nose cover and shirt / shorts.

Reactions: Mike-McD
Finally got semi official word from two different members of Hurstbourne that the Ky Open/Isco/Barbasol was finally approved and will be at HCC in Louisville at least next year.

One other Rory tidbit that was not mentioned is that he was on the conference call the other day with the LIV/PIF group and stated that one thing they definitely want is ROI, which as Rory stated "they are apparently not getting at the moment". Confirms what we all have long suspected, i.e, that LIV in its present form is not making any money and most likely will never make any money. And while the Saudis have unlimited cash, at some point, no likes to just put a barrel full of $100 bills in a garbage can and set them on fire.
IDK, the WNBA hasn't made money for a quarter of a century and it's still around.

I don't think Tiger is the type who is going to continue to trot out there and embarrass himself. He can still play (obviously not at an elite level now) but being able to continue to see the greatest player of my generation play is not a bad thing. He will be on the Champions Tour in a few years so don’t think this exemption is going to matter much.

My guess is that Tiger will play on the Champions Tour about as much as Jack Nicklaus did, which was seldom. Even Phil barely played the Champions Tour. Senior Tour doesn't seem like something that would motivate Tiger to get up to practice and travel.

My guess is that Tiger will play on the Champions Tour about as much as Jack Nicklaus did, which was seldom. Even Phil barely played the Champions Tour. Senior Tour doesn't seem like something that would motivate Tiger to get up to practice and travel.
Agreed. From everything we know, dude couldn’t care less about just “winning tournaments” or “making money.” He always just wanted to be the best and crush the best competition on the biggest stage.

Jack has said he regretted not playing the Senior Tour more.

Lee Westwood on Peter Finch's youtube channel just said the Ping G430 is the best driver. He said you can always tell by all the pros who don't have a manufacturer contract, it's what they play with.

Lee Westwood on Peter Finch's youtube channel just said the Ping G430 is the best driver. He said you can always tell by all the pros who don't have a manufacturer contract, it's what they play with.
I have played the 410 for about 3 years now, and am about to go driver shopping. As much as I want to hit the Callaway, TM and Titleist, I will hit the Ping last and see what happens.

Reactions: Mike-McD
Contract or no contract, pro's are gonna hit the best driver for their game....there isn't a "best driver" to fit all. Scottie and Rory both use the TM Qi10, for example, and they are probably the two best off the tee in the world for distance/accuracy combined. You will also see at times a pro who has a contract w/ a company for logo only, and they will have a Titleist headcover on another brand's driver.

Here is the driver used for each winner so far this year....

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/pga-tour-every-winning-driver-2024-season

I have played the 410 for about 3 years now, and am about to go driver shopping. As much as I want to hit the Callaway, TM and Titleist, I will hit the Ping last and see what happens.
I went in to the driver fitting thinking an updated Titleist was going to be the play. I tried them all and ended up with a Triple Diamond Smoke. It was the clear cut winner. I can't stand the look of the Ping at address but its obviously an excellent driver. This driver has been excellent. Biggest thing is the forgiveness and supposedly the Triple Diamond offers the least of the Calloway lineup. Its dramatically better than the TS3 I was using. Point being, keep an open mind during the fitting process. As for pro's, those guys can hit anything you put in their hands.

Tourney may happen...but he has a long way to go. Much longer than what people thought given the type of shots that are popping up the last couple of weeks. His "A" game now isn't going to compete...he needs that plus a lot of luck.

Major...not going to happen...in the PTI camp now on this based on what I am seeing. He is likely to embarrass himself at Augusta and that will be tough to watch.

He wouldn't even get his card at Q school if he had to.
2017 here, you want me to embarrass you more with some of your nonsense. More where that came from. You owe BBdK money for a lost bet by the way

• Haha
Reactions: B.B.d.K.
I went in to the driver fitting thinking an updated Titleist was going to be the play. I tried them all and ended up with a Triple Diamond Smoke. It was the clear cut winner. I can't stand the look of the Ping at address but its obviously an excellent driver. This driver has been excellent. Biggest thing is the forgiveness and supposedly the Triple Diamond offers the least of the Calloway lineup. Its dramatically better than the TS3 I was using. Point being, keep an open mind during the fitting process. As for pro's, those guys can hit anything you put in their hands.
I demo'd a Paradym X for a few rounds at the club last fall and that thing was damn sure 20-30 yards farther than the 410. Kinda didn't like the sound though. Gotta have a nice sound.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT