ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

Glennn plays golf with 15 clubss.
On the rare occasion that I play anymore, I play by one rule. Don't slow the other players down. I can't even tell you what I shoot anymore because I play by that rule. Kind of sad really. I used to be a decent golfer. I never broke 80 but I shot 80 a bunch of times. I was probably about a 13-15 handicap. The problem with golf is that if you don't keep up with it, it's impossible to be good and it's no fun when you aren't decent anymore.

Guesses are okay, but how often would you all say playoffs occur on the PGA Tour? My buddy bets weekly. Has a playoff here at Travelers for 4-1.

Had a chance to shoot my age today, but made a double on a freakin par 5. Have shot my age at least once since I turned 65, but not done it so far this year. Frustrating game, I tell ya.

Fox had improved by leaps and bounds on their coverage. At least it isn’t going to CBS but this certainly isn’t encouraging news for improvements in the broadcast. Wonder how much Fox dropping coverage had to do with the requirements on coverage of the Women’s US Open, Senior US Open, US Am, etc...

What hole did u quit on for that 65? 13?
Why are you asking a stupid question? And why do you even care? Granted I moved up to the senior tees at age 65, so no I do not play the back tees. You must have some jealousy going on. You realize many people can play golf. My friend shot a 64 yesterday, 9 birdies, 7 pars and 2 bogeys on a par 71 course, and I will bet any money you want that he can beat your ass on any set of tees.

Anybody else feel sorry for Brendon Todd yesterday? That triple on the back nine looked like me out there. After he shanked his first chip over the back of the green, I would have bet a lot of money on the flop shot coming up way short. It so easy to decelerate on that shot anyway, and after hitting one sideways, it does not lead to a real confident swing on the next attempt.

But then DJ just went brain dead and damn near gives the tournament away, smokes one OB on the par 5, for no reason at all, and then gets lucky as hell to not go in the water on the short par 4 (although he would have had a much easier up and down for par if he had taken the lateral hazard drop)

Certainly got my entertainment yesterday at the Travelers.

Anybody else feel sorry for Brendon Todd yesterday? That triple on the back nine looked like me out there. After he shanked his first chip over the back of the green, I would have bet a lot of money on the flop shot coming up way short. It so easy to decelerate on that shot anyway, and after hitting one sideways, it does not lead to a real confident swing on the next attempt.

But then DJ just went brain dead and damn near gives the tournament away, smokes one OB on the par 5, for no reason at all, and then gets lucky as hell to not go in the water on the short par 4 (although he would have had a much easier up and down for par if he had taken the lateral hazard drop)

Anyone else find it more enjoyable watching golf without the crowds? I guess the idiots that yell “go in the hole” on a tee shot on a 500 yard par 4 are now yelling at their tv.

Anyone else find it more enjoyable watching golf without the crowds? I guess the idiots that yell “go in the hole” on a tee shot on a 500 yard par 4 are now yelling at their tv.

It is different for sure, yesterday was pretty fun to watch. The first one in Texas, every player was so rusty, but they tore up the Travelers this week.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
It's easier to remember holes you played at certain courses, like Harbourtown, without the fans blocking all the views. I like it. Also magnifies errant shots that can't be kept in play by the crowd.

It's tough to watch anyone struggle like that unless they're gambling against you. But, I'm glad he did that because he's so f'ing boring to watch. DJ made it so much more interesting yesterday and that gray-haired guy throwing darts ahead of the two of them.

I thought Sun made up for the cluster on Sat.

Kinda miss it and kinda don't. I thought these guys would be a little more relaxed without fans but they seem to be even more uptight. Probably because you can hear most of what they say and it's going to be tougher to hide poor attitudes like Bryson acting like a little twat without them.

Highly recommend a golf trip to Northern Michigan. Every course we played was great and the weather was absolutely incredible. Mid to high 70s with practically no humidity in late June was a great escape from the heat and humidity in Chattanooga this time of year. The cottage at LochenHeath was a perfect setup for a trip with 8 guys.

I would probably rank the courses:

Arcadia Bluffs South
Arcadia Bluffs
Kingsley Club and LochenHeath were pretty even
Grand Traverse Resort Bear Course
Grand Traverse Resort Wolverine Course

Why are you asking a stupid question? And why do you even care? Granted I moved up to the senior tees at age 65, so no I do not play the back tees. You must have some jealousy going on. You realize many people can play golf. My friend shot a 64 yesterday, 9 birdies, 7 pars and 2 bogeys on a par 71 course, and I will bet any money you want that he can beat your ass on any set of tees.

Don't mind him, he is the resident prick that talks all kinds of shit, but never plays when offered to "witness" his greatness. He never adds anything to the thread, just blow over his post.

Bryson eats...

DeChambeau outlined his usual diet:

Breakfast 4 eggs 5 pieces of bacon toast 2 protein shakes

Midday PB&J sandwich GoMacro bar "here and there" 2 shakes mid-round or every 6 holes. "Snacking" when practicing after

Dinner: Steak Potatoes 2 shakes

Bryson eats...

DeChambeau outlined his usual diet:

Breakfast 4 eggs 5 pieces of bacon toast 2 protein shakes

Midday PB&J sandwich GoMacro bar "here and there" 2 shakes mid-round or every 6 holes. "Snacking" when practicing after

Dinner: Steak Potatoes 2 shakes
Wonder what time of day he mixes some HGH in...

Byson DeChambeef has 6 worldwide wins, no Korn Ferry. All of these were before he really, really took off with this new long distance deal and beefing up. Lets see what he can do over the next 3 years. Obviously, if he can pull a major out of this then it will have been beneficial but im curious to see what the end result numbers will be over next few years.

Byson DeChambeef has 6 worldwide wins, no Korn Ferry. All of these were before he really, really took off with this new long distance deal and beefing up. Lets see what he can do over the next 3 years. Obviously, if he can pull a major out of this then it will have been beneficial but im curious to see what the end result numbers will be over next few years.

Well, he could easily have 2 wins since the restart. obviously injury will be a factor, but with the grind of the tour today, anyone is a risk.

Well, he could easily have 2 wins since the restart. obviously injury will be a factor, but with the grind of the tour today, anyone is a risk.

Well, if it were "easily" then Todd could easily have had his 3rd win of the season this past week.

Well take everyone's average finish in the tournaments since the restart, he is right up there at the top, but I mean Roy has not won, and Bryson's has a better average finish. But lets act like Bryson is not playing great golf, it is easy to win on tour.

Cole, we have all ready heard enough of horrible takes with the one hit wonder being good / great. And we where talking about how he was playing since beefing up. To which I said "as good or better than anyone on tour." That is a fact that can not be disputed. The numbers don't lie.

Last edited:
Rickie Fowler +180 - (3-Ball) with Webb Simpson and Nate Lashley. Check.

Lashley under 71.5 -115 - Birdie from the bunker on their 18th (Par Three - 9th). Double Check.

Now Lashley needs to make the cut for +100.

Just another ho hum -6 under, one shot of the lead round for Bryson. He is terrible.
Wish him the best. He’s playing great. We will see what the numbers are after a few years. Will the extra beef produce as many, less or more wins? He’s had a stellar career before going to this, what will it equate to in terms of what matters, W’s.

Last edited:
Reactions: treuxbleux
I agree. he hasn't won since the end of 2018, but he is showing signs that it is helping his game in the few tournaments played since the restart and him beefing up. Injury is going to be a issue as well. With the grind of the tour today, and adding in his powerful swing, it is a issue of not if but when he has one. But every player has that risk, especially ones like Bryson who play a lot of tournaments, unlike a Phil or Tiger playing limited number of tourneys.

Tricked out DeChambeau about to win for the first time since beefing up. I imagine he'll have endorsements for Orgain and GoMacro Bars soon since he mentioned them. I love it. Not really a fan of Bryson, but definitely a fan of seeing a guy hit it 360 yards and go over trees.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT