ADVERTISEMENT

Go get Pearl

Pearl has a lot of baggage. He’s been caught cheating more than once. Barnhart will NEVER go after him. Same with Sampson and any coach that has ever been ‘proven’ guilty. Might as well count those guys out.

If not Donovan, get Pearl. It's not complicated. He would love this job. He was built for this job. He would thrive here and it doesn't have to be no 8 year deal either

Pearl has a lot of baggage. He’s been caught cheating more than once. Barnhart will NEVER go after him. Same with Sampson and any coach that has ever been ‘proven’ guilty. Might as well count those guys out.
He invited a recruit to a fuhking cookout. Big whoop. What we do these days would have been the death penalty back then.

He invited a recruit to a fuhking cookout. Big whoop. What we do these days would have been the death penalty back then.
True … don’t get me wrong … I like his energy and he’d embrace the BBN like crazy but facts are facts. He pretty much tossed Chuck Person under the bus and he spent some time with girls younger than his kids. As I said, I couldn’t care less but MB literally despises people like that. Same reason Petrino NEVER had a shot at getting a call for the UK football job.

I’m anti-Pearl but will probably change my mind if we get turned down again haha. I wouldn’t want him to have his son on staff or take his shirt off.

I’m anti-Pearl but will probably change my mind if we get turned down again haha. I wouldn’t want him to have his son on staff or take his shirt off.
As long as he wins, I don't give a shit what he does (as long as it is legal)

Cal actually was cleared of wrongdoing n both cases. Your point still remains that barney did hire a coach with 2 vacated final fours.
If Sandy kept Cowl in check she will keep Bruce as well. Too bad she doesn’t monitor local bar frequency……

The things that were illegal a few years ago are fine now. If you think any of the big name coaches were not breaking or bending rules you are crazy. Players have been paid under the table for 40 years or more. UK is as deep in it as anyone. So was Cal at some point. You aren’t going to find a saint. Pearl is no worse than anyone else. All sports at this level are dirty. Get over it. Some may hide it better but it’s there.

Pearl would bring a lot of passion and can coach. At UK I think he would have his best seasons.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT