ADVERTISEMENT

Glad that terrible run of games over

Hopefully the powers that Be realize just how crappy this schedule has been and corrects it next year. Drop that stupid Rupp classic and play somebody

Please compare the schedule to ours and other power 5 teams the past 6-7 years. It's an above average strength of schedule. I have no idea how people don't understand that, have you all been under a rock for years?!?

You open your eyes? Fans aren’t going. Students aren’t going. People with season tickets have been giving tickets away
You could play Fort Wayne had you played in PK80. We played ONE good team. Not a decent one besides that. Everyone plays cupcakes but 8 so far? Compare us to Michigan St, Florida, Puke, UNC, the top teams

Please compare the schedule to ours and other power 5 teams the past 6-7 years. It's an above average strength of schedule. I have no idea how people don't understand that, have you all been under a rock for years?!?

Florida Southern
Livingstone
Sienna
Bryant
Kentucky
Georgetown
Yale
Utah State
VCU
Buffalo
Georgia Southern
Indiana
Utah
Elon
Long Beach State

That's Dukes OOC schedule in 2016. I could post a thousand examples in past 6-7 years even worse than that of a power 5 team. Always cupcake city at home games. Ours isn't a weak schedule at all.

You open your eyes? Fans aren’t going. Students aren’t going. People with season tickets have been giving tickets away
You could play Fort Wayne had you played in PK80. We played ONE good team. Not a decent one besides that. Everyone plays cupcakes but 8 so far? Compare us to Michigan St, Florida, Puke, UNC, the top teams

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with someone who isn't factual and is basing this strictly off the fact a few teams played One tournament we didn't that gave them 2 or so other games against top competition. I can look at Dukes, MSU, Florida and UNC OOC over the past 10 years and compare it to ours this year and I guarantee ours this year will rank in the top 50% or higher in SOS. You are simply wrong and the facts prove that.

Reactions: awf
Cherry picking schedules. How much you wanna bet PUke fans weren’t happy with that schedule
Notice lack of posts about today’s game. Freaking Monmouth at the Garden??? C’mon man

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Idiots on this board love to bitch about stupid shit

Reactions: awf and coach-2
Cherry picking schedules. How much you wanna bet PUke fans weren’t happy with that schedule
Notice lack of posts about today’s game. Freaking Monmouth at the Garden??? C’mon man
Point us to a non conference schedule any different than UK and other top teams. You just like to bitch about anything.

Hopefully the powers that Be realize just how crappy this schedule has been and corrects it next year. Drop that stupid Rupp classic and play somebody
Only watched Kansas game so far...don't have to play murderer's row, but come on!

If following UK basketball made me as miserable as some around here I'd quit watching. There isn't anything that hasn't been bitched about this season and it's early December. This place is going to be unbearable after a few more loses. Pretty pathetic sometimes.

You have to play some teams like this as a young team. Gives Cal a feel on what to work on.

Glad we are 8-1 and not 6-3.

Now I feel this team is ready to play Power 5 teams, wasn't sure 3 weeks ago. Once again another good call by Cal, yet a few like the OP doesn't understand.

Last years Duke schedule may have been even weaker and 2015s definitely was. I'm not cherry picking it's just how it is. Every team plays a schedule like ours has been this year. That's normal, in fact ours is actual on the tougher side than a lot of other power 5 teams. Like I said have you been under a rock the 14 years you have been a member of this board? Sure seems like it, either that or you have severe memory loss.

Last edited:
Dude, attendance is down all around the country this year, in pretty much every sport. College basketball is no exception. Team that with rising ticket prices, it makes sense.

And we’re getting ready to play Vatech, UCLA, and UL in a 3 week span before Conference. You have to have some balance and all teams play cupcakes. Sure, if we’re going to play in New York every year, I would prefer a more marquee name but I’ve had no complaints with the schedule this year so far.

Reactions: EliteBlue
I agree with the responses to the OP, and I understand the reason we didn't play in those tournaments. However, by year's end UL is probably not going to be all that impressive of a win (assuming we do win it), UCLA may be, and hopefully VT. But, we may need to beat aTM, UF, UT and Alabama IMO to have a good resume, and avoid getting shafted like we usually do.

The whole point of OOC games is to groom and develop your team to get you ready for conference play. The marquee OOC games are measuring sticks and also for your resume. The schedule is built the way it is for a reason. All teams do this. Further, UK consistently has one of the highest ranked strength of schedules in the country.

OP= Whiner. Entitled fan. THIS year did not need murderers row to start the season with all freshmen.

Reactions: $Z71$

Tulane
Chattanooga
Long Beach State
Hawaii
Chaminade
OK state
Indiana
Radford
Davidson
Tennessee
Northern Iowa
Kentucky
Monmouth

Would you consider that harder than ours this year? Looks very comparable if you ask me with ours this year actual being stronger. That is the OOC schedule of UNC last year. Clearly you have been here 14 years trolling without getting banned. That's obvious by the 15k post and only 400 likes. No one can really believe what your OP says. Lock this thread up, it's pointless.

Last edited:
This schedule has been perfect for this team and we are one possession away from being undefeated. I would much rather be sitting at 8-1 than 4-5 Which was a real possibility with this team had we done what the OP suggested.
Not to mention what a 4-5 record could do to a young teams morale.

This schedule has been perfect for this team and we are one possession away from being undefeated. I would much rather be sitting at 8-1 than 4-5 Which was a real possibility with this team had we done what the OP suggested.

I doubt we go 4-5 this year against many schedules. Give us Dukes Schedule and we are 9-3 I say with a possibility of anything from 8-4 to 10-2. I agree with you perfect for this young team. Has allowed them to get better and progress which is what we need to do. I've been very pleased with our team this year and this team could be special come March.

OP captured watching a UK game.
*Some profanity*

There is a difference between an RPI 150 cupcake and a 250 RPI cupcake. Cal said when he was hired he would only play 150 and better.

Reactions: $Z71$
Tulane
Chattanooga
Long Beach State
Hawaii
Chaminade
OK state
Indiana
Radford
Davidson
Tennessee
Northern Iowa
Kentucky
Monmouth

Would you consider that harder than ours this year? Looks very comparable if you ask me with ours this year actual being stronger. That is the OOC schedule of UNC last year. Clearly you have been here 14 years trolling without getting banned. That's obvious by the 15k post and only 400 likes. No one can really believe what your OP says. Lock this thread up, it's pointless.
I hate UNCAA as much as anybody but they play a weak OOC because the ACC is a much better conference than the SEC. We usually play a tough OOC schedule because the SEC is so weak. We had to ease into this year. I'm not happy about it but that's what happens when you have a brand new team trying to gain confidence.

Hey long time troll. How's trolls it?

Most top schools pad their schedule and it’s getting worse. The fans get stuck watching one sided chump games just so the numbers look good in March. It’s almost to the point of being pathetic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT