ADVERTISEMENT

Give Pope a chance

Woodrow_Call_1998

Senior
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2015
I said from the beginning that I would support whoever we hired and give them a chance. I’m surprised with this hire but considering he’s one of our own, I’m definitely going to support him. I hope you all do the same. If you’re mad at Mitch that’s understandable but don’t take it out on Mark it’s not his fault that the job was offered to him.

It's a huge gamble to hire him. Mitch is banking on it being a Duke/UNC type situation when it could very well turn out much worse than that.
It really is. I’m shocked by this, and can’t believe it honestly. Mitch went from Danny Hurley straight to Mark. He must have knocked it out of the park with his interview or something

Reactions: W1LDCAT22
It really is. I’m shocked by this, and can’t believe it honestly. Mitch went from Danny Hurley straight to Mark. He must have knocked it out of the park with his interview or something
Pope is Rhodes Scholar smart, won a NC here as a Wildcat, has done well at BYU. What did Hurley do before last year? Nothing. One thing is sure is he won’t have Cals bad habits.

I said from the beginning that I would support whoever we hired and give them a chance. I’m surprised with this hire but considering he’s one of our own, I’m definitely going to support him. I hope you all do the same. If you’re mad at Mitch that’s understandable but don’t take it out on Mark it’s not his fault that the job was offered to him.

I'm behind it and I don't know why.

Pope is Rhodes Scholar smart, won a NC here as a Wildcat, has done well at BYU. What did Hurley do before last year? Nothing. One thing is sure is he won’t have Cals bad habits.
I understand why fans are mad at Mitch. I haven’t kept up with how Mark has done at BYU very much at all. I said in the beginning I would support whoever we hired and will stand by what I said. I can’t stand Mitch but I hope he got this right since he’s hiring one of our own.

I will get it a fair shot. Meaning more than 1 year. We will know quickly if he gets the support of the big $$ for UK. NIL will be huge this year if we are to try and win right off the bat. Maybe with Jeff and Mark being teammates we get Reed back?? Maybe not. Maybe we get to keep Big Z. Pope played somewhat like Z. Maybe Pope can talk Adou back into the fold. Then maybe bring in a few good guys. Doubt we want much of his recruiting class.

I understand why fans are mad at Mitch. I haven’t kept up with how Mark has done at BYU very much at all. I said in the beginning I would support whoever we hired and will stand by what I said. I can’t stand Mitch but I hope he got this right since he’s hiring one of our own.
One of our own is the dumbest comment ever.Just hire Ford he is also one of our own.Garbage.

Reactions: Catfan2226
He actually won two ncaa tournament games at Rhode Island. What has Pope done? 0-2 in the ncaa tourney and four trips to the CBI?

Career Record (major schools): 9 Years, 187-108, .634 W-L%

Reactions: Girthang
He will get a chance. One season. Hopefully he's got a better roster and is better than Arkansas. That's the absolute FLOOR.

Genius idea to get a Mormon coach who only knows coaching in Utah and expect him to successfully recruit the top recruits.

What an epic disaster. How does this happen? How do we go from talking to a national championship coach this morning to a guy who has more CBI appearances than ncaa tournament appearances.?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT