ADVERTISEMENT

Give Pope a chance

I will get it a fair shot. Meaning more than 1 year. We will know quickly if he gets the support of the big $$ for UK. NIL will be huge this year if we are to try and win right off the bat. Maybe with Jeff and Mark being teammates we get Reed back?? Maybe not. Maybe we get to keep Big Z. Pope played somewhat like Z. Maybe Pope can talk Adou back into the fold. Then maybe bring in a few good guys. Doubt we want much of his recruiting class.
Nobody outside of UK fans knows wtf Mark Pope is. It is Kenny Payne 2.0 I'm afraid.

Well we got change and a younger guy. Mark has a fire to work but he's not pulling a top 5 class in from anywhere.
I'm certain Mitch didn't understand the importance of this hire in the time of our programs life. You just couldn't risk the programs neck to just anyone and they damn sure needed a Final Four in their resume.
I'm born into this shit so I'll be here til the end and was a teenager when Mark played here I appreciate his loyalty. But hes on the clock and our roster is empty... Good luck buddy....

UK is already awesome. You don’t know the future
Yeah well you know Billy Gillispie had a better resume than Pope. Pope doesn’t even have the experience to justify a job at a power five let alone a blue blood.

Pope's not ready to be given a chance in the first place. This is like starting your third string freshman QB against 2021 Georgia. It’s not fair to him. Plus, if and when it doesn’t work out, it’ll be harder to get rid of him because he’s "family"

One of our own is the dumbest comment ever.Just hire Ford he is also one of our own.Garbage.
So you wanna insult me for saying I’m going to support a guy that used to play here? I can’t pick the coach, I even said he wasn’t on my list. Direct your anger somewhere else it’s not my fault.

It's a huge gamble to hire him. Mitch is banking on it being a Duke/UNC type situation when it could very well turn out much worse than that.
This is far from a Duke/UNC situation. K gradually gave the reins to Scheyer, and Roy Williams handed the reins slowly to Hubert Davis. It was coordinated and organized. What we’re going to have is the most epic of shitshows of all-time.

The fact is that you don’t know how the future will unfold.
So I can just pull a high school coach from Belfry and give him this UK job and you’re going to argue with me about how I don’t know it’s going to be a failure?

Don't not see Craft and the other boosters spotting very much nil money.. Pope will have to earn the wins pretty much by himself.. If he then does good I could see the boosters giving to him then.. I know if I was a booster that would be my approach..

On this you and I now agree 100%. Time for him to go, he seems totally completely.
I’m not happy but I liked pope when he played here and it’s not his fault that Mitch offered him the job. This is a huge gamble and I’m worried about it

Hell I don’t understand why people are mad at me for saying I would support Mark. SMH it’s not my fault Mitch offered him the job

I said from the beginning that I would support whoever we hired and give them a chance. I’m surprised with this hire but considering he’s one of our own, I’m definitely going to support him. I hope you all do the same. If you’re mad at Mitch that’s understandable but don’t take it out on Mark it’s not his fault that the job was offered to him.
Play in traffic

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT