ADVERTISEMENT

Give me Robinson and Riley

Just hard to see 2 guys who are going to want shots and mins coming here. Unless Riley is cool with year one being a developmental year, which I doubt he would
And yet, a week ago you and many others were making the case for how Robinson and Lanier could easily fit together with the current UK roster.

Why would Lanier and Robinson not be mutually exclusive, but Riley and Robinson would be mutually exclusive?

We don't have a team with any star power right now. We have a bunch of role players in the wing positions right now. There would be shots and minutes for both Riley and Robinson. The good part is that adding Riley likely doesn't scare Oweh away either.

Last edited:
I'm out of the loop, who is Riley?

IMG-1398.jpg

And yet, a week ago you and many others were making the case for how Robinson and Lanier could easily fit together with the current UK roster.

Why would Lanier and Robinson not be mutually exclusive, but Riley and Robinson would be mutually exclusive?

We don't have a team with any star power right now. We have a bunch of role players in the wing positions right now. There would be shots and minutes for both Riley and Robinson. The good part is that adding Riley likely doesn't scar Oweh away either.
Finally.
Someone in the know.
I'm being serious, not sarcastic.

With Peterson though, he’d be in the same boat as Quaintance and have to stay in college for two years. It doesn’t make sense to do so, especially for a guard like him.
Why doesn't it make sense?

Peterson could not reclass and end up making money with Adidas, or he could reclass and still make money with Adidas and any other NIL offers as well.

He could make more money by relcassing and develop in a better system by going against men in college instead of boys in high school. So why doesn't that make sense?

We don't have a team with any star power right now. We have a bunch of role players in the wing positions right now. There would be shots and minutes for both Riley and Robinson. The good part is that adding Riley likely doesn't scar Oweh away either.
When did I ever make the case for Laneir and Robinson? You’re attacking the wrong guy on that one man. I said I would take both if they wanted to come. I never made the case for it or even suggested it happens. I don’t know where you got that from. I was always pretty adamant it was one or the other. And to answer your question why it most likely wouldn’t work is because you have 10 guys already expecting mins, adding Robinson makes 11, Riley would make 12. Someone in that scenario would be happy and would maybe leave.

When did I ever make the case for Laneir and Robinson? You’re attacking the wrong guy on that one man. I said I would take both if they wanted to come. I never made the case for it or even suggested it happens. I don’t know where you got that from. I was always pretty adamant it was one or the other. And to answer your question why it most likely wouldn’t work is because you have 10 guys already expecting mins, adding Robinson makes 11, Riley would make 12. Someone in that scenario would be happy and would maybe leave.
Sorry about that. I got you confused with someone else.

That said, I don't understand why our guys would get upset in that scenario. We don't have anything on the roster besides glorified role players. I guess the only way I could understand that is if guys like Oweh think they're better than they are. Maybe that's the case.

We have a roster filled with Jared Pricketts and Allen Edwards, but we don't have any Antoine Walkers or Nazr Mohammeds.

That'll be good for 22 to 25 wins at maximum.

It is what it is. This is a stop gap season, and I'll gladly take 22 wins with no Cal and a real chance at future success over 25 wins with Cal and zero chance at future success.

That said, I don't understand why our guys would get upset in that scenario. We don't have anything on the roster besides glorified role players. I guess the only way I could understand that is if guys like Oweh think they're better than they are. Maybe that's the case.

We have a roster filled with Jared Pricketts and Allen Edwards, but we don't have any Antoine Walkers or Nazr Mohammeds.

It is what it is. This is a stop gap season, and I'll gladly take 22 wins with no Cal and a real chance at future success over 25 wins with Cal and zero chance at future success.
That's actually a much better record than i expect for next season if we don't add anyone.

I 100 percent want Riley and Robinson no doubt about that. I just know how a lot of these players are nowadays. They will transfer at any moment or be unhappy of the playing time doesn’t seem available. Pope is a guy who could make it worse. Let’s say they get Riley and Robinson. Butler, Robinson, brea, Carr, oweh, Williams, Krisa, Riley, Almanor, Garrisson, and Chandler could all get mins and would most likely expect it.

Reactions: kywildcat41086

Peterson could not reclass and end up making money with Adidas, or he could reclass and still make money with Adidas and any other NIL offers as well.

He could make more money by relcassing and develop in a better system by going against men in college instead of boys in high school. So why doesn't that make sense?
i can not say too much, but he has zero plans on reclassifying and staying at H-Prep
DPsr is a very intelligent man and knows the landscape far better than you and I

I'm just hoping this season isn't like Arkansas last year. They had a whole team of transfers basically. A few returnees. If the transfers don't mesh, it's gonna be a bad time.

Reactions: G-PIP

I just meant developmentally, he could get exposed. There isn’t any urgency to do so was my only point.

I'm just hoping this season isn't like Arkansas last year. They had a whole team of transfers basically. A few returnees. If the transfers don't mesh, it's gonna be a bad time.
It doesn't matter how talented a team is individually. It always takes time to get used to playing with each other and it takes real game time to do it, because you've got to know how the guy next to you is going to react to situations that you can't replicate in practice. That's just basketball 101. So, yeah, a team full of guys who have never played together is going to take a lot of playing together to be any good at all. And they can all be 5-stars as we've seen in the past. It's going to be the same.

Reactions: RunninRichie
It doesn't matter how talented a team is individually. It always takes time to get used to playing with each other and it takes real game time to do it, because you've got to know how the guy next to you is going to react to situations that you can't replicate in practice. That's just basketball 101. So, yeah, a team full of guys who have never played together is going to take a lot of playing together to be any good at all. And they can all be 5-stars as we've seen in the past. It's going to be the same.
Thanks Mr Butters

Word is that Peterson is already telling coaches he wants to play PG in college. That is his right but the coaches will have to evaluate if they want a guy that is 'seemingly' already dictating to his next coach.
Yeah, I don't like the sound of that. The player dictating to the coach what he wants to play even before the coach has had time to evaluate the situation with all the players. We have already had the "players first" for a while and we all know how that turned out. I'll pass.

But I really, really, really WANT Robinson. (Can you tell who I really want?) And I kinda like Will Riley and Jasper Johnson, too. Those three would make me a very happy girl!!

GO BIG BLUE AND
COACH POPE, TOO!!!💙💙💙

If Robinson stays in the draft, then we really need to get Poplar.

I don’t want to have to rely on a reclassed Freshman as our “go to guy.” Been there, done that.

We don't have a team with any star power right now. We have a bunch of role players in the wing positions right now. There would be shots and minutes for both Riley and Robinson. The good part is that adding Riley likely doesn't scare Oweh away either.
We should be hearing news about Robinson this week.

Hopefully it's good news. We've whiffed on pretty much high level recruitment in the portal.
Pilgrim had an update yesterday. I know he isn’t he best but he is better than no update. Basically said the only way it’s Kansas is if they get desperate for that last spot and he doesn’t think they have money to commit to what Robinson wants given who they have coming in. Kentucky has a good sum to offer Robinson especially since they didn’t get Lanier. Kentucky has a good chance if he comes back to college. BYU is also trying to get Robinson to come back as well, and could probably offer him a good offer as well.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Pilgrim had an update yesterday. I know he isn’t he best but he is better than no update. Basically said the only way it’s Kansas is if they get desperate for that last spot and he doesn’t think they have money to commit to what Robinson wants given who they have coming in. Kentucky has a good sum to offer Robinson especially since they didn’t get Lanier. Kentucky has a good chance if he comes back to college. BYU is also trying to get Robinson to come back as well, and could probably offer him a good offer as well.
Who else are we waiting for? We better make him the best offer or figure out a way too.

Who else are we waiting for? We better make him the best offer or figure out a way too.
Robinson, Riley and poplar have been the only 3 names mentioned. I’m sure they have back up plans in place and watching these other draft guys to see who comes back and who doesn’t. If Jaylen wells & can Christie come back, you have to go after those 2. Every coach in D1 with a opening should go after those 2 if they come back to college

Reactions: Fox2monk
Robinson, Riley and poplar have been the only 3 names mentioned. I’m sure they have back up plans in place and watching these other draft guys to see who comes back and who doesn’t. If Jaylen wells & can Christie come back, you have to go after those 2. Every coach in D1 with a opening should go after those 2 if they come back to college
I’d prefer just to win these last 2 and be done.

We will eventually end up with 13 and they will all be Good basketball players. Probably the three freshmen we have now will get a little bit of time, but not much. I'd like to see all three on the court when the game outcome is assured. Looking forward to the pick up games starting in two weeks.

Reactions: UK67KU59 and ib4ky
We will eventually end up with 13 and they will all be Good basketball players. Probably the three freshmen we have now will get a little bit of time, but not much. I'd like to see all three on the court when the game outcome is assured. Looking forward to the pick up games starting in two weeks.
Is Robinson and Riley your guess on who they close out with

Possible scenario..... Perry, Noah, Chandler, Almonor, and Brea on the court in the last two minutes, when the game has already been put away. What a scream it would be if those guys put up twelve points in two minutes, which i'm sure they could. Rupp arena would explode. In fact all five could nail a three.

Reactions: UK67KU59
Is Robinson and Riley your guess on who they close out with
I would love it if it was those 2 guys. It could happen, but I think riley's gonna take some time before he decides if he's going to reclass. If he decides for us for this year, he would be our best player. I don't think I'm being hyperbolic to suggest that Riley could someday become an NBA Franchise player.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
I would love it if it was those 2 guys. It could happen, but I think riley's gonna take some time before he decides if he's going to reclass. If he decides for us for this year, he would be our best player. I don't think I'm being hyperbolic to suggest that Riley could someday become an NBA Franchise player.
If you get both then I think the multiple lineup combos they could put out there would be dangerous

After Robinson I'd definitely hold off with the last scholly for Riley or a possible other big time player. With that last scholly I'm even in favor of saving it for next year and using it on some 3 star that has some exceptional skill, maybe an absolute jet in the backcourt that can come in and stop anybody. Useful at different points in a game, and he can develop his weaknesses each year.

Last week to withdraw from the draft. Should be several guys pulling out. Read today about UK and AR could be in a recruiting war for Riley. But like Dave said, I think it is UK and AL. Those two styles fit Riley's skills 100% better. Riley and Chandler would give us two high three level scorers. A lot of guys can shoot the three well and a lot of guys can drive it effectively. But being able to have those two things and also pull up and hit that mid range shot at high level is what separates them from a whole lot of players.

Reactions: ukfan1622
With Peterson though, he’d be in the same boat as Quaintance and have to stay in college for two years. It doesn’t make sense to do so, especially for a guard like him.
So you think he would develope more in hi school

Nobody is giving you anything. Why because your daddy was rich? You have to go earn it and show me something first, you, from the entitled generation.

In these NIL days and the money guys can make in their soph, junior, and senior years I can't see guys like Noah and Perry wasting a year for mopup minutes. Because of height and maybe quickness for Noah both guys may never sniff the NBA so the most money they ever make might be their sophomore through junior years of college. So if they aren't in the regular rotation it makes more sense for them to not waste a year of earning ability and redshirt.

Reactions: TysonD44
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT