ADVERTISEMENT

Give me Robinson and Riley

52T

Oct 26, 2023
If we get Robinson and I think we will I would rather have Riley than Lanier. The more I hear he's defense is not good. Basically he's strong point is shooting the three. We have several others that can do that. If you haven't watched Riley you should. This kid is awesome.

I never said a thing about he's decision did I. I only said give me Robinson and Riley. I hope he reclassifies and we get him. Watch he's highlight video.

Reactions: CatFanInIlliniLand
I never said a thing about he's decision did I. I only said give me Robinson and Riley. I hope he reclassifies and we get him. Watch he's highlight video.
I have watched the videos and I still agree with dontworryboutit. Next year would be a developmental year for Riley – which, by the way, I believe would be very beneficial for him. But it’s only really beneficial for UK if it’s very likely he would play a 2nd year. I think he would have very limited value to winning next season. If you believe UK must have one more player (dubbed a “stud” in rafters parlance) to make next season successful (e.g., high SEC finish & tournament run), then I think Riley is the proverbial shiny trinket. But as long as the best players NOW (i.e., not necessarily the most "talented") play, then I'm glad for every player brought in - and I'm assuming that will now be the case under Pope.

We have six hardened veterans that are talented. Getting at least one more young guy that has a high ceiling makes the most sense. Even if no Robinson we could afford two young high ceiling guys to finish it out. Everybody on our roster is good so we can afford to do it that way.

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
If we get Robinson or Johnson (reclass) then the last signing will probably be someone we have not heard about yet. Maybe an overseas guy, or project player.

I just watched a Riley video on Youtube. If Riley would develop Kareem's sky hook then he would have ALL of the shots. There's something really wrong about that kid; he's not normal at all.

• Haha
Reactions: susan2361
If we get Robinson and I think we will I would rather have Riley than Lanier. The more I hear he's defense is not good. Basically he's strong point is shooting the three. We have several others that can do that. If you haven't watched Riley you should. This kid is awesome.
Watch he's hi light film on you tube. Will Riley. 6'9 guard.

What in the world? Never heard of the word 'his?'

Word is that Peterson is already telling coaches he wants to play PG in college. That is his right but the coaches will have to evaluate if they want a guy that is 'seemingly' already dictating to his next coach.

Reactions: susan2361
If you could get Peterson then you don’t have to have Robinson or Riley.
Robinson and a reclass Peterson would be ideal.
Word is that Peterson is already telling coaches he wants to play PG in college. That is his right but the coaches will have to evaluate if they want a guy that is 'seemingly' already dictating to his next coach.
DP is not going to reclassify
in Popes offense he could easily play PG
he and DPsr are leaving for Italy in the morning

Nobody is ever gonna reclass. Until after Peach Jam in July and miraculously they do...
that is very true
DP is not going to reclass and is staying at Huntington Prep next year
nothing in life is ever 100%
but it is 99% on him not reclassifying and staying at H-Prep

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT