ADVERTISEMENT

GITT for Perspective

Random UK Fan

Sophomore
Dec 10, 2018
I’ve disliked the Champions Classic for several years now, because losing it every year with a wait-till-March approach has been fruitless. I’m not a fan of moral victories anymore, but UK held their own throughout without a complete lineup. We can question Cal’s subbing patterns, but there isn’t a lot of choice when you have 8 scholarship players available. The guys were running out of gas. Not much else he really couldve done without going with walkons. Everybody’s chapped this morning. I’m not looking to debate or defend anyone.

Here’s a nice article for your bathroom reading;

Reactions: G-PIP
In a vacuum, these type of articles are fair; however, I'm tired of watching UK meltdown at the end of high-stakes games. We were up 6 points with just a few minutes left, and our guys ended up shooting multiple air balls, turning the ball over, and missing free throws. In other words, a typical Calipari-meltdown to end a high-profile game.

At some point, we need to win these types of matchups. It's getting embarrassing.

In a vacuum, these type of articles are fair; however, I'm tired of watching UK meltdown at the end of high-stakes games. We were up 6 points with just a few minutes left, and our guys ended up shooting multiple air balls, turning the ball over, and missing free throws. In other words, a typical Calipari-meltdown to end a high-profile game.

At some point, we need to win these types of matchups. It's getting embarrassing.

With 3 minutes left if we aren’t leading by 15 points or more we could lose the game. Cal is like Stoops, wants to squeeze the ball and run the time out. He coaches scared!
Believe me, I’m right there with you. Looking for a little salve this morning.

Looking fun ? hell with that , my tolerance for moral victories ran out years ago . Fun .. thank God we were fun , very unfair to keep score , lets just play for fun :(
I feel ya. If anything, even with this loss I don’t think anyone can say we weren’t in it until the end, even with a depleted roster. Another shot falling here and there and it could’ve been the other way around, but no one is going to make them all. I’m ready to quit losing this thing every year as well, but at least this team feels a little different than past years. Any KU fans that come to crow would just be trolling. They escaped.

Our ceiling feels higher. We have people’s attention.

I am convinced UK will be very good after this start to the season. They have one obvious characteristic that will give them a competitive advantage most games. They don’t turn the ball over. We had 76 shots last night and 30 free throw attempts. That’s a recipe for a whole lot of points. Those extra possessions we have shots that our opponents don’t through their own turnovers will be significant. It took a sub 33% shooting effort from us for KU to survive.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT