ADVERTISEMENT

Gilbert flips to Cats!

That’s the issue. No one is going to be able to afford to pay every starter 500k. That’s 11 million not counting other considerations lol.
I'm not talking $500k for everyone... just the bell cows, and them only if they have the appearance/personality to actually be a serious marketing asset. That happens because some businesses feel they will actually move beyond the farce to actually seeing some ROI. This might apply to a couple of guys on a squad annually, at most. Other starters in the $75-150k range based on basic collective activities. Reserves? $10-20k annually. This is where I expect the general (not aTm) market to settle. $10M frosh QB's are not going to become a norm.

Reactions: The-Hack and Tf2217
Ain't no way even places like Knoxville or Miami are paying all 22 starters at least 6 six figures, c'mon. Sometimes I think when talking NIL the math doesn't get done.

22 starters
44 in 2-deep
85 on scholarship

And all but top 5 to 10 stars are not gonna get anything more than a little spending money. Everywhere, not just Kentucky.

Ain't no way even places like Knoxville or Miami are paying all 22 starters at least 6 six figures, c'mon. Sometimes I think when talking NIL the math doesn't get done.

22 starters
44 in 2-deep
85 on scholarship

And all but top 5 to 10 stars are not gonna get anything more than a little spending money. Everywhere, not just Kentucky.
Ya' think so? I think UK friendly business community and fans can raise that kind of collective cash. I'm not thinking all reserves would see money... just those at 2nd level of depth chart, generally speaking. Maybe book money and a couple grand pocket money supplement to COA coming from UKAA. This is only about $3M annually. That seems like too big a nut to crack?

As for the really big money, it will not come from the collectives at all. You make big money negotiating real individual marketing deals.

Reactions: The-Hack
I just read a few articles and haven't researched it in detail. But, most of these transfers (I'm just referring to previous starters) ended up in top programs. SC also lost several top returning players.

I haven't been on either of their boards. I'm guessing both programs are behind others in NIL.
Eh, not exactly. A few weren't really going to contribute and a few left because Arkansas lost both coordinators.

S Catalon - Texas, big loss in ability but constantly injured and missed almost all of last season
TE Knox - South Carolina, followed his TE coach who went there as OC, decent player
DL Nichols - Purdue - decent rotational player but not great
WR Jackson - Baylor, probably the biggest loss since he was going to contribute but wanted to go back home
QB Hornsby - Texas State, not a P5 QB but a great athlete, feel like Arkansas upgraded with Criswell from UNC
DB Slusher - Colorado, decent loss but also got in off the field trouble with an arrest and missed several games with injury
DE Domineck - Colorado, big loss with 7.5 sacks but most came OOC and apparently didn't fit the new DC's scheme
S Brown - Purdue, didn't play last year but was a true freshman
DB Johnson - Boston College, rotated in some at CB and S but mainly a depth piece

The rest all ended up at G5 schools. Arkansas still has about 10 spots left to add more incoming transfers after spring ball.

As for the really big money, it will not come from the collectives at all.
If, if, if, if we could get 10,000 into one
or more collectives, at $300.00 a pop, and if 80% of the money went to athletes, that’s 2.4 million.

And I think we have more than 10,000 fans who pay more than $300.00 per year to park their car or RV close to the stadium.

Reactions: entropy13
If, if, if, if we could get 10,000 into one
or more collectives, at $300.00 a pop, and if 80% of the money went to athletes, that’s 2.4 million.

And I think we have more than 10,000 fans who pay more than $300.00 per year to park their car or RV close to the stadium.
Based on info available to me, and if I'm understanding it correctly, we currently have a little under 1100 folks signed up for Kentucky 15 as members. No idea about the numbers for the other collectives. I also don't know if that 1100 figure includes one-time donations, or just those who donate the required amount for the various tiers of membership.

I'm wondering if nil couldn't help us in a way. We don't have the money to go after the 5* kids. But by all the big guys spending tons on those 5* kids we actually be really competitive or even able to do better on 4* and select 3* athletes. It's the same as free agency in the pros. You can poor all your money into a few superstars and have a bunch of trash around them or you can get a really good team from top to bottom without any of them being a superstar.

ADVERTISEMENT