ADVERTISEMENT

Get behind the boys Saturday.

images

Thinking of switching avatar to this.

Reactions: HICATFAN
This. Anyone who isn't rooting for the team obviously isn't a real fan. Nevertheless, it's completely fair for the fan base to be upset. That doesn't mean we want them to lose though.

There is a difference in getting behind a team and rooting them on and simply watching the game and hoping they win. I probably wouldn't want to watch a game with some of the fans on here actually. Watching the game, getting behind the team, and positively cheering for them is different than watching them play, hoping for a win, yet bitching and moaning about how bad they are with every single mistake. There is a difference there.

However, to each his own. You can obviously watch the game anyway you like. I'm simply pointing out what I think the OP meant in his post. That's all

I'd cut my arm off if it meant UK making a run and winning games...... but no matter what I say on this message board will change how the players play or what the outcome of the game will be on Saturday.

Reactions: Simple_Man
No good teams this year. SEC toughest conf in basketball. Every game counts. Hopefully Rupp is energetic and behind the team even when they’re struggling

Reactions: Jazzycat
Who's with me? Look, we may not do anything major this year. But it's important to this fanbase that we make the tournament. It is important to Kentucky to save face. We need this win Saturday. I'll be rooting for these guys. Even if Diallo takes it one on 5 and turns it over. Even if Richards misses dunks. Go Cats

? Do you honestly think Cats fans would rather lose?

Last edited:
ILL be planning my time around uk games even if we are in nit. It sucked being in the nit but was a fun experience in memorial. Would love to play a game or two per year. Very nostalgic

LOL ... its like the OP thinks we're not rooting for the team to win. Just because we call it like we see it....... doesnt mean we're against the team.
I think the OP is just saying to continue cheering for them. No one said you wanted them to lose. But continue on being a jerk, like most on here anyways

I think the OP is just saying to continue cheering for them. No one said you wanted them to lose. But continue on being a jerk, like most on here anyways

Keep on cheering on the team you already root for... Thanks captain obvious.. What next? A post telling you to remember to breath or that water is needed to hydrate you for survival?

Anyone that isn't actively cheering for this team is an idiot. Are you allowed to be unhappy? Yes, I'm more unhappy at Cal than I am Diallo. At least the dude is giving effort. Cal needs to right the ship. Quit doing dumb rotations and just play the five best players in that current game. With this team, throw past games out the window. Play the best 5-6 players that DAMN day.

We may all be pissed about how things are going but even in the most extreme circumstances (example: Joker beating UT helped grant him an additional terrible year) most of us will keep watching and cheering and caring.

Even while it destroys our hearts and minds one game at a time.

no matter what i may say on here about Cal, the team, the players, assistants, etc.... looking bad. I'm going to watch every game and root like hell for the cats. Im one of those guys who right before every game, no matter what, i convince myself we are 100% winning. I have to. So yea we should all be behind the guys every game

Reactions: Chase4UK
I will always stand behind Kentucky in Wins and in the tough losses. In this 4 game losing streak except A&M and that was still on the road and we had the lead after 20 mintues until we that fell apart in the first 8-10 minutes of 2nd half. Even when the score was 65-42 with 10 to go UK started playing good ball and it was down to 8, 79-71. Then at home vs. Tennessee where we had the 2 point lead and the ball with under minute to go and had 2 turnovers for UT to grab the lead. This game like the Florida home game should have been wins for UK. Then the Missouri game was another game we were down 14 with 5 minutes to go and we came back and had a wide open 3 to cut it to 2 when we were down 65-60 and we missed 3 more threes in the next 2 minutes. Then the Auburn game to me was the one that made me sick when we are down 6 at half and we take the lead 57-53 with 7 minutes to go and Missuori had a turnover and we had the ball after the TV Timeout. We could have went up 7 with the Diallo 3 but it was missed and then prompted to have 2 more turnovers and Auburn went ona 13-4 run to lead 66-61 and then we get it to 68-64 and had the ball and a layup and we missed the easy layup to cut it to 2 with 2 mintues to go in the game. WE also missed 2 FT's during that time that we could have been tied at 68-68 with about 2 minutes to go in the game.

My 2 or 3 tweaks Saturday would be and don't take this wrong way is to have Diallo on the bench. The second would be start with the Lineup of Green, SGA, Fox, Vanderbilt, and then either Gabriel or Richards starting 5. I would start with Pressing, Running, Up tempo game with these starting 5. Then the third I would try Green back at PG and SGA at the SG and see how that works out Saturday. Green was doing fine before the back injury and when he was out for 2 weeks. Green seems to handle it better, distribute the ball more, and plus he can shoot and also hit the 3. He can still feed it to SGA for a drive to the basket or for an outside shot or for a 3. These are things that I think we all have mentioned and wish that Coach Cal would give it a try and just maybe he would do on Saturday afternoon vs. Bama.

Reactions: brianpoe
My 2 or 3 tweaks Saturday would be and don't take this wrong way is to have Diallo on the bench. The second would be start with the Lineup of Green, SGA, Fox, Vanderbilt, and then either Gabriel or Richards starting 5. .

I totally agree but if you are going to start NBA guys why just Fox?

I think we could use AD or KAT, as well. Monk or Murray at SG could possibly provide a boost?

I'd cut my arm off if it meant UK making a run and winning games...... but no matter what I say on this message board will change how the players play or what the outcome of the game will be on Saturday.

Got it, but what about your left alaala??

Need translation....ask @BBUK ...he is the master of the importance of alaalas!!

:joy:

AlohaCat

Well if 2014 is any indication, then sure anything can indeed happen. I just think we missed a very big opportunity with that Auburn game, but hey, it's quite likely we'll get another crack at them in the SEC's right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT