ADVERTISEMENT

With everyone around us in the polls losing……

With #1, #2, #3, #5, #9 & #11 going down in the last 48 hours, here is my new Top 10 barring anything crazy this weekend,

1. UConn
2. Purdue
3. Kentucky
4. Houston
5. Kansas
6. Tennessee
7. UNC
8. Arizona
9. Illinois
10. Duke

Most interesting games this Saturday:

#2 Houston (14-1) at TCU (12-3)
#9 Oklahoma (13-2) at #3 Kansas (13-2)
#5 Tennessee (11-4) at Georgia (12-3)
#6 Kentucky (12-2) at Texas A&M (9-6)

Last edited:
…..finally a chance for UK to move up if we win Saturday.

That being said, Cal’s teams have a tendency to lose in this situation the last several years. A perfect opportunity and we blow it.

This is Cal’s chance to prove me wrong. Let’s go out and smash the dirty Aggies!!!!!!
Like you said seen it too many times with Cal,chance to make Poll move and team lays an egg. This team definitely different than the last several years but still need to see them handle business against a team they should beat.

With #1, #2, #3, #5, #9 & #11 going down in the last 48 hours, here is my new Top 10 barring anything crazy this weekend,

1. UConn
2. Purdue
3. Kentucky
4. Houston
5. Kansas
6. Tennessee
7. UNC
8. Arizona
9. Illinois
10. Duke

#3 Kansas (13-2) at #9 Oklahoma (13-2)
Agree generally with this but no way UK jumps above UH (unless they lose to Oklahoma) and my guess is that UNC will jump ahead of UT.

Like you said seen it too many times with Cal,chance to make Poll move and team lays an egg. This team definitely different than the last several years but still need to see them handle business against a team they should beat.
I agree, definitely a different personality in this team

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-

1. UConn
2. Purdue
3. Kentucky
4. Houston
5. Kansas
6. Tennessee
7. UNC
8. Arizona
9. Illinois
10. Duke

Oklahoma plays @ Kansas. Kansas won’t lose at home

Even if we win and DON'T move up much Saturday, it still means those teams ahead of us have no room for error. Kansas, Purdue and Houston can't lose again and not fall behind us.

That coupled with a bit of a reprieve in our SEC schedule coming up, means we can probably get into that top3 range.

What it should be if we win Saturday

1. UConn
2. Kentucky
3. North Carolina
4. Purdue
5. Houston

What it will be

1. UConn
2. Purdue
3. Houston
4. Kansas
5. Kentucky
Without a doubt...exactly the same thing I thought. Only Tennessee will fall out of Top 5.

Also, if Michigan St beats Illinois tonight, they will be back in the Top25 with 6 losses. Wait and see...

1. UConn
2. Purdue
3. Kentucky
4. Houston
5. Kansas
6. Tennessee
7. UNC
8. Arizona
9. Illinois
10. Duke

Damn! I could see Houston, KU and UT all losing in those games! I like this. I see us moving to 3 as well.

1. UConn
2. Purdue
3. Kentucky
4. Houston
5. Kansas
6. Tennessee
7. UNC
8. Arizona
9. Illinois
10. Duke

Kansas is at home Saturday, but still a loseable game for them.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
…..finally a chance for UK to move up if we win Saturday.

That being said, Cal’s teams have a tendency to lose in this situation the last several years. A perfect opportunity and we blow it.

This is Cal’s chance to prove me wrong. Let’s go out and smash the dirty Aggies!!!!!!
When has that happened with a Cal team?

With it being a “tendency” there should be many examples.

Reactions: Fox2monk
KENTUCKY WILL BE RANKED 5 WITH A WIN SATURDAY AND AN OUTSIDE SHOT OF NUMBER 4
If they beat A&M on Saturday, I think they will pass KU as well. A&M would be a great road win and UCF was a bad loss. I think they would be #3. Could be #2 if Purdue and Houston lose again this weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
When has that happened with a Cal team?

With it being a “tendency” there should be many examples.
It's truly incredible how much of a Cal homer you are. :)

It's happened multiple times. And unfortunately the same phenomenon has occurred in NCAA tournament play. Two more recent examples are when brackets absolutely unfolded in front of us, and all we had to do was beat Auburn, or Kansas State.........errrrrrrr Never mind.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT