ADVERTISEMENT

GATHERINGS…

I’m kind of excited about this thread
Hopefully we can have some get togethers and put faces with names
I can tell you that online conversations become better after meeting folk
I know a few already…can’t wait to meet more of you

I don't get out much anymore, but I might show up to something. I'm between Lexington and Louisville.
Mike, don't worry, I'll get you a ride...I know peop...I mean things...
giphy.webp

Some of the posters here used to have a get-together once a year every season.

We should aim to start the tradition back up. I live in Illinois, but I'd come down if it meant getting to meet some of the fans who have posted here for years.
I'm in the Paducah area. I know there some others in Western KY.

It was way back during the Saul Smith years. I felt like Tubby's decision to prioritize Saul Smith as a mainline rotation piece killed out recruiting with point guards like Taliek Brown, Chris Duhon, Luke Ridnour, Imari Sawyer, and Andre Barrett.

I thought the move was a mark of insanity from Tubby Smith, kind of like a man who speaks to dogs and then goes out and murders people.

Thus, I thought of a comparison of the Son of Sam killer, and merged that maniacal insanity with Saul Smith. Thus, Son_Of_Saul was born as a biproduct of Saul Smith murdering our program's chances at landing legit point guards, and Tubby Smith's insane decision to start his mediocre son at the University of Kentucky.
Subtle difference but weren’t the dogs speaking to him?

If you responded to this post you’re invited
Haven’t seen anyone yet in this thread I wouldn’t like to meet
I mostly post on Wildcat Lair and the Paddock….. usually wait til BB season starts before posting on Rafters.

Anyway, I live in Evansville and would love to join in if my schedule permits.

I'm a people observer, and like to talk about completely random shit. Think Dumb & Dumber hanging out at a bar. Anybody up?

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
Hey all. If anyone has a place they’d like to potentially meet up with other posters just put the details here. Don’t know if this would warrant a sticky thread or not
But I’ll say again..would love to meet and hang out; watch a game or listen to some good music
I don't drink and I am 2400 miles out on the left coast, but I would meet some of you if it would work out that I didn't have to spend 2000.00 for a rt tix.

Reactions: KFuqua and Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT