ADVERTISEMENT

Gas Prices Where You Live

Love the excuses but America doesn't care. I personally don't blame politicians for the prices, I blame them for doing nothing about it simply based on how much money they make from energy companies. The no votes tells you everything you need to know about republicans and democrats. If I didn't have a Kroger plus card, I would've paid $4.47 today in OH.

well in good news Kroger randomly added 700 plus points to my card 2 days ago. No idea why, and I'm not going to ask. Just went and bought a few things yesterday and looked at the receipt. I get gas under $4 this weekend 🙃

Reactions: jameslee32
Only Brightside for me (and me only) is that I work from home for the majority of the week. I've got about 50 miles left in my tank. The last time I filled up was on Derby day in Owensboro. I live in Clarksville, IN. If I was still driving to work every single day I'd be screwed.

Love the excuses but America doesn't care. I personally don't blame politicians for the prices, I blame them for doing nothing about it simply based on how much money they make from energy companies. The no votes tells you everything you need to know about republicans and democrats. If I didn't have a Kroger plus card, I would've paid $4.47 today in OH.
Passing a law that controls prices is stupid and would only cause shortages and rationing. You must not be old enough to remember how you could only go get gas on certain days depending on the first letter of your license plate.

Passing a law that controls prices is stupid and would only cause shortages and rationing. You must not be old enough to remember how you could only go get gas on certain days depending on the first letter of your license plate.
Yep we had a recession in the early 20's that no one talks about because they cut taxes and spending and the economy recovered and boomed just 6 months later. When the great depression hit the government decided to set price controls and spend more and set wage limits and maximums.... that just caused it to get worse and worse world wide.

Price controls will hurt supplies.

Reactions: PhDcat2018
Yep we had a recession in the early 20's that no one talks about because they cut taxes and spending and the economy recovered and boomed just 6 months later. When the great depression hit the government decided to set price controls and spend more and set wage limits and maximums.... that just caused it to get worse and worse world wide.

Always will. If you stop spending money and produce more goods, the economy grows.

Reactions: hmt5000
Understand that inflation and the subsequent rising of interest rates is the result of an already growing economy with lots of demand. The fed's job at this moment is to curb demand to lower the inflation. The only argument is did they wait too long to start tightening by raising interest rates on the short end of the yield curve.

Understand that inflation and the subsequent rising of interest rates is the result of an already growing economy with lots of demand. The fed's job at this moment is to curb demand to lower the inflation. The only argument is did they wait too long to start tightening by raising interest rates on the short end of the yield curve.
It's not the growing economy. Its the growing money supply. Economies can grow with little hiccups forever. When money supply is too great you get too many dollars chasing too few goods. You can't fix that with anything but soaking up the extra dollars.

It's not the growing economy. Its the growing money supply. Economies can grow with little hiccups forever. When money supply is too great you get too many dollars chasing too few goods. You can't fix that with anything but soaking up the extra dollars.
Keeping rates artificially low was the impetus to grow it. Sometimes you get exactly what you pay for.

Ultra liberals have no concept of a market economy. You're correct though.

You don't curb demand that way. Natural market forces do that with prices. We need goods and services to be produced. We don't need more dollars printed "stimulus" and the fed should be minimally involved.

281187214-5117146408340295-6913578680252734064-n.jpg

You don't curb demand that way. Natural market forces do that with prices. We need goods and services to be produced. We don't need more dollars printed "stimulus" and the fed should be minimally involved.
This is what actual PhD's in the Federal Reserve are doing today to curd demand by taking away the punch bowl. Not buying more punch. That was so 2020. What economists fear most by this action is sending the economy into recession along the way.

Reactions: jauk11
This is what actual PhD's in the Federal Reserve are doing today to curd demand by taking away the punch bowl. Not buying more punch. That was so 2020. What economists fear most by this action is sending the economy into recession along the way.
Pre-covid the economy was miles better and gas wasn't nearly 5 bucks. Basically, don't use a slightly more deadly flu to play politics and everything is fine.

#bidendidthat

My Krogers are stuck again. This time at $4.39. Cold Spring dropped .04 though.

Circle K near downtown Covington is about as cheap as you can get in NKY at $4.19. Lots of OH competition there I bet. Lowest price I see in OH is ironically $4.39.

Although high by historical standards the inflation rate was lower in April at 6.3%. Tuesdays gas prices should be interesting even if it's the status quo given that the driving season has begun.

Kroger prices are frozen again. They've managed to find the highest price that doesn't completely destroy the demand for gasoline in my area.

Well when I was in high school mid 50s you could find "wildcat" gas for 25 cents a gallon, with no gas war.

Oddly enough I was in St Matthews today and the Thornton’s closest to mall st Matthews was about 15 cents cheaper than other places. Everywhere else I saw today was $4.59
Thornton's founder was my FIL's cousin. He didn't share the wealth that far.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT