ADVERTISEMENT

Games like these are so terrible…

I've been a huge UK fan for 37 years... but I think this game just broke me.
  • Cal's brand of coaching is not suited for the modern game
  • Our players look like they are doing Krusty the Clown (edit: Sideshow Bob) impressions with their haircuts and multi-colored sissy girl shoes
  • We have no pride in the way we play basketball
Call me whatever you want, but screw this. I'm out. Citrus Bowl or bust.

I understand being red assed about the lackadaisical performance on the court, but why does hair cuts and shoes even matter to you? It’s just hair and shoes.

Maybe being sick over the past 1-2 weeks has been a factor. The team has had strep and colds going on and even, mono. That can cause fatigue and some recovery time. There have also been some players working through injuries. Add in finals and not having a whole squad at practices, this is the type of game that can happen. Once these issues get resolved, they should have more time to focus on the work at hand. Go Cats!

Dude... give it a rest. You sound like Nebraska Cornhusker fans. Titles won in the 50's?

images
No real Kentucky fan would ever say this.

Pretty good crowd for a Tuesday night against Southern.
That’s a good looking crowd what are these idiots on about. Just more BS complaining to have to read when I get on here I suppose.

While I’m at it hey Tubbyfan you be sure to reminisce all those sweet memories of Rekalin Sims dominating the low post and Rashad Carruth swishing threes nonstop. I’ll be over here in reality. Thankful we got a coach that knows how to build a roster and get the team playing by March except about twice in his long history.

Reactions: BigTyrone
I understand being red assed about the lackadaisical performance on the court, but why does hair cuts and shoes even matter to you? It’s just hair and shoes.
Call me old school, but I think presenting yourself well, looking respectable, dressing as a team, etc. makes a difference. Compare how we looked and acted those first 7 years of Cal’s run compared to the emo show he’s got going on now. We look like East Village hipsters and have been playing like it too.

As of now, we have 13 Quad 1 games left, but I agree this has been tough. Too many cupcakes in a row. We needed at least another Ohio-level team mixed in there or a name. It's hard to watch all these teams in these tourneys playing high-level games and we start with our first game like that and then 7 cupcakes (Well 6 not counting Ohio).

But thankfully it is over and to take a positive from it we didn't give up any of our lead over the dirty jailbirds. Both sit at 7-1 and they have a much easier schedule than us going forward.

Duke beat Campbell by 11.

Kansas lost to Dayton.

Alabama lost to Iona.

UNC beat Brown by 7 and Charleston by 11.

UT beat Tenn Tech by 11.

Fightn Chris Beard's beat No Colorado by 13.

Gonzaga beat the Drinkn Billy Clyde's by 9.

UCLA by 13 over Bellarmine.

Michigan lost at least one cupcake.

Purdue beat WKY by 10, WMI by 8, Illinois St by 13, Marshall by 10.

But I digress, it is just us.
Nobody said you can’t have a bad game. It’s just that we never blow any of these scrubs out. Post some of those teams win margin

The Net Rankings will fluctuate a lot during the season but here's what we have left as far as quad 1 games this season.

Quadrant 1: Home 1-30, Neutral 1-50, Away 1-75

#33 Ohio State neutral court
#2 LSU home and away
#12 Tennessee home and away
#56 Texas A&M away
#15 Auburn away
#13 Kansas away
#14 Alabama home and away
#57 Florida away
#43 Arkansas away

I really tried to watch...on three different occasions tonight. Just couldn't hang with it. Same old Calipari offense. Which is to say, there wasn't any.
These last 6 games were useless. At best they served to showcase Oscar but, again these 6 teams weren't real competition. It's about to change though and we're gonna find out what this team is really about.

Reactions: ok-cats-computer
I really tried to watch...on three different occasions tonight. Just couldn't hang with it. Same old Calipari offense. Which is to say, there wasn't any.
These last 6 games were useless. At best they served to showcase Oscar but, again these 6 teams weren't real competition. It's about to change though and we're gonna find out what this team is really about.
Other than Oscar and the fella from Davidson we look EXACTLY the same as last year.

Reactions: fatguy87
I am at the point with Cal where I just record the games then might or not watch the next day. After following UK basketball since the early 60's I never thought I would not get excited about watching a UK basketball game live but I am . I honestly most the times don't know what day, who they playing or game time. I have set my DVR to record UK games so they do get recorded at least.

Doubt that will happen.I think it was UNC that asked for a hiatus on playing home and home with us due to the ACC expanding conference games.
It was not. UNC has had home-and-homes with Gonzaga, Tennessee, and Texas since the UNC/UK series ended in 2014. Roy constantly wanted to find a marquee home and home series for the non-con.

I suspect the CBS Sports Classic is to blame, but UNC vs UK once every three years at a neutral location isn't nearly as good as every season in either Rupp or the Smith Center in my opinion.

Reactions: ok-cats-computer
Yep. Typical hipster douchebaggery.
And what about my comment led to personal insults from you? What does that say about you that you’d want to do that? Because you’re anonymous? Stop and think before you post.

It was not. UNC has had home-and-homes with Gonzaga, Tennessee, and Texas since the UNC/UK series ended in 2014. Roy constantly wanted to find a marquee home and home series for the non-con.

I suspect the CBS Sports Classic is to blame, but UNC vs UK once every three years at a neutral location isn't nearly as good as every season in either Rupp or the Smith Center in my opinion.
I'd say the CBS sports classic event played a role but Ol Roy told Andy Katz and Seth Greenberg that the home and home series with UK would be taking a hiatus due to the ACC conference schedule expanding at the time.He said something on the order of what Cal said in that he would prefer a marquee home game and a marquee road game along with playing in an exempt event.John Clay reported on this at the time William's said it.Got no reason to make this up.Its what happened.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT