ADVERTISEMENT

Game Takeaways

Mike-McD

Junior
Aug 3, 2022
First - the bad.

Only one thing - Mitchell still leaves the floor on pump fakes. Gotta settle down and be disciplined. Hopefully if we get one of our seven three-footers back he can relax a little.

Now the good:

Other than that, Mitchell is just about perfect.

Dilly - a real star who knows how to hunt the rim. Needs more discipline on layups but again, nobody's perfect.

Even Sheppard had a TO today. I know, right? But the kid is the straw that stirs our drink, and we won't win a game without him. He stuffs his stat sheet; it's like he sees a zero and decides, okay I need a blocked shot tonight and bam.

DJ - playing well until he got assassinated. Has Cal seen him yet?

Thiero - Free wheeling and a beast inside with a nice little short jumper.

Reeves - playing well and shooting well with a nice floater.

Overall: The team is scoring loads of points and Cal gets credit for submitting to the will of modern basketball. Let's see how long he can white knuckle it.

The refs: Horrible.

Prediction: Teams will start to run Shep off the 3 line and he will be forced to dish it. Guys need to step up and hit their threes. No, they won't hit them at 67% like Shep, but I guess you can't have everything.

I'd have to see the replay but I thought Sheppard got fouled on his one turnover and I'm not even sure the ball went off of him. Adams was terrible at officiating around that stretch.
I saw that too, glad you made the point.

Only bad thing is our defense is still a teense late on the arc, but it was MUCH better tonight.

Outside of that 18-2 run, couldn't ask for a better game.

Reactions: 3Bluefever325
I had to work so I haven’t seen the game yet. Is that PAT Adams? If so, he’s the freaking worst ref I’ve ever seen. He’s AWFUL.
Yes. And he was freaking AWFUL. There was a segment on Miami's end where he called three straight on us all within 10 secs.

Reactions: jrpross
I'd have to see the replay but I thought Sheppard got fouled on his one turnover and I'm not even sure the ball went off of him. Adams was terrible at officiating around that stretch.
He was fouled. Adams is a terrible human being. He was as bad as I’ve ever seen him, and that is saying something.

When Adams he wants to be the center of attention, there’s no stopping him.

I’ll just leave this here… I’ve never seen another ref actually throw out the radio announcer
I remember that. Dude just sucks. He and TV Teddy need to go. They're the last Teir 1 PITAs left. Shows and Sirmons and Daley are up there but not near the PITAs that Adams is.

Kudos for the crowd at Rupp for giving him hell tonight.

Reactions: jrpross
I don't know if one, let alone all 7 of our 3 footers, would help too much but I'd do some unspeakable things to get Bradshaw on the court.
dc1d4de9-c43a-4974-bea8-3da1be25817d_text.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT