ADVERTISEMENT

Full Texts with Bill Self, Kurtis Townsend and Adidas Guy Gassanola

I did like this one though....

"Those texts are the verbal equivalent of a photograph of Bill Self running down the street with a suitcase full of cash, labeled "De Sousa or Bust."

Of course, The Flock would find that inconclusive, too."

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.kans...12/university-of-kansas/article220372245.html

Fake news
That's not even close to the full transcripts

Those are what were allowed in. There is so much more and that judge is basically giving the prosecution all the help they need. If they are found guilty they will obviously appeal and I hope they allow all the texts and calls to be admitted.

Angola was the nickname for sds. Like Adidas gives two fzxks about sponsoring the Angola national team. I could buy that if silvio was the next Michael jordan. He was a top 40 4 star recruit who's nothing special except way mature for his age.
Funny the mainstream media is not saying the defenses closing argument. They spelled it out for the jurors and the public to fully understand Kansas was complicit in all this.

It definitely does NOT exonerate Self, other coaches, or KU. But, it does make it much easier for the NCAA to look the other way and say that the testimony during the trial was taken out of context.

It might get De Sousa ineligible, but nothing else is going to happen to Self and/or KU.

If the defense wins the case... it means in court, the jury decided that there was enough evidence that the schools and coaches were aware.. namely.. KU and coaches... UL and coaches......

If the defense wins the case... it means in court, the jury decided that there was enough evidence that the schools and coaches were aware.. namely.. KU and coaches... UL and coaches......
How else could anyone see that,of course KU fans and the NCAA will have a different take.

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.kans...12/university-of-kansas/article220372245.html

Fake news
That's not even close to the full transcripts

Those are what were allowed in. There is so much more and that judge is basically giving the prosecution all the help they need. If they are found guilty they will obviously appeal and I hope they allow all the texts and calls to be admitted.

Angola was the nickname for sds. Like Adidas gives two fzxks about sponsoring the Angola national team. I could buy that if silvio was the next Michael jordan. He was a top 40 4 star recruit who's nothing special except way mature for his age.
Funny the mainstream media is not saying the defenses closing argument. They spelled it out for the jurors and the public to fully understand Kansas was complicit in all this.
Are you familiar with @Nooneputsbabyinacorner you two need to hang out together

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
I said win the case but I mean found not guilty of defrauding the schools... there is a distinction there..... just to correct myself
I understood where you were coming from and agree 100%.If the prosecution wins that is all the NCAA will need to close the books on the whole matter and they will.Even if the defendants win on an Appeal it will be too little too late

I guess this will be one occasion where KU won't run out of time, they will never run out of crime though.

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
Lol how pathetic do you have to be to create an account , today, just to defend your school which has now been proven to have cheated?

Umm did you read the article?
Maybe if you did and read my post youd understand it implicates Kansas far more than the transcripts in the first post

Some people....

Hmmm...

Schachter offered an exhibit of a text message between Falmagne and Jon Lasko, a member of the board of directors for De Sousa’s AAU team, the Florida Vipers.

“This is from Lasko to Fenny,” Schachter said, reading the text to Kaplan. “‘Fenny, I am in Indiana and Coach Ostrom asked me for an update. They are super willing to do what it takes to recruit Silvio. Is that something of interest for us?’”

Tom Ostrom, the associate head coach at Indiana, is in his second season with the Hoosiers.

Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/c...of-kansas/article220372245.html#storylink=cpy

Not sure how they think this clears Self. They talk on the phone for over 5 minutes and then the text says Gassnola got it done. I think that clearly means they made him an offer. "It was easy." Then, Gassnola talks about he has never let him down except for Dyondre makes me think that was one player who wouldn't take the money. KU is dirty as can be. No wonder they won so many big 12 championships in a row. I guess they are proud.

Reactions: westerncat
Kansas is and has been dirty. Going back to at least Wiggins. At least as far as my knowledge goes. They wont be implicated, but, this will make them back off, and will hurt their recruiting when they cant cheat for the next couple years.

Bill self has been in desperation mode since Wichita state took over as the best program in the state a few years back.

He was doing anything possible to get ahead like he did back in Illinois

As you'll see he will do whatever possible to sabotage Whatever chance his 4 stat roster has of going to the NBA.
Vick has to leave. Buke will make sure he comes back but not like he has NBA potential anyways. Lawson whatever chance he has which is slim will come back. He doesn't have a good track record with developing guards so remains to be seen with Grimes. But imho Grimes isnt lottery pick anyways. Their point guards suck. He will poach steal whatever grad transfer is out there. He will play sds cause at this point holding him will be an even bigger admission of guilt.
So keeping with tradition self will just pay the players he has on his roster now to stay or sabotage whatever little chance his players have of being in the NBA by either playing them less or out of position or going around the NBA and talking sh1t about them like he did with selby.

Umm did you read the article?
Maybe if you did and read my post youd understand it implicates Kansas far more than the transcripts in the first post

Some people....
I did. Thank you for the link. What a mess. Is the defense looking for a mistrial? @irishcat1965

"The Star discovered through a deeper examination of court transcripts that Adidas executive Jim Gatto’s attorney, Michael Schachter — during sidebar sessions that were not heard by the gallery or jury — spoke about additional interactions between Townsend and Adidas consultant T.J. Gassnola. In doing this, Schachter was attempting to convince Judge Lewis A. Kaplan to allow additional texts and phone conversations into evidence.

In some of those cases, Kaplan denied the request.

A main goal of the defense was trying to prove that the government’s witness, Gassnola, lied in federal court. Gassnola testified that he had given $2,500 to Fenny Falmagne, the legal guardian of then-recruit and current KU sophomore Silvio De Sousa. He also said he originally told Falmagne he would give him a $20,000 payment to help him pay back $60,000 he’d received previously from a Maryland booster so that De Sousa could attend KU. Gassnola, though, said he never followed through on that promise and also repeatedly stated he attempted to keep all payments he made concealed from KU’s coaching staff.

Schachter, while speaking with the judge, said the defense had a wiretapped Aug. 31 phone call between Gassnola and former Adidas employee Merl Code where Gassnola says, “I have been going around dropping bags to that idiot Fenny in order to get Kansas to re-sign with Adidas.” Schachter later stated that Gassnola, in the same conversation, said, “I am dropping $20 or $30,000 bag ... “

The defense also wanted to try to prove KU’s coaches had knowledge that Gassnola was making payments. Schachter spoke to Kaplan about text messages between Gassnola and Self from Aug. 9, 2017, when the two are discussing Falmagne before the topic changes to KU reworking a contract extension with Adidas:

Gassnola, 9:33 p.m.: I talked with Fennie

Self, 9:34 p.m.: We good?

Gassnola, 9:34 p.m.: Always. That’s was light work.

Ball is in his court now

Self, 9:34 p.m.: Spoke to Sean. All good.

Gassnola, 9:35 p.m.: Will it be done by Tuesday Deadline ?

Self, 9:36 p.m.: From what I was told yes

Gassnola, 9:36 p.m.: Great. Thank u boss

In the sidebar, prosecution attorney Eli Mark tells the judge that Self is speaking about KU deputy athletic director Sean Lester. KU announced a planned 12-year contract extension with Adidas the next month."

Reactions: HamInMyPants
I did. Thank you for the link. What a mess. Is the defense looking for a mistrial? @irishcat1965

"The Star discovered through a deeper examination of court transcripts that Adidas executive Jim Gatto’s attorney, Michael Schachter — during sidebar sessions that were not heard by the gallery or jury — spoke about additional interactions between Townsend and Adidas consultant T.J. Gassnola. In doing this, Schachter was attempting to convince Judge Lewis A. Kaplan to allow additional texts and phone conversations into evidence.

In some of those cases, Kaplan denied the request.

A main goal of the defense was trying to prove that the government’s witness, Gassnola, lied in federal court. Gassnola testified that he had given $2,500 to Fenny Falmagne, the legal guardian of then-recruit and current KU sophomore Silvio De Sousa. He also said he originally told Falmagne he would give him a $20,000 payment to help him pay back $60,000 he’d received previously from a Maryland booster so that De Sousa could attend KU. Gassnola, though, said he never followed through on that promise and also repeatedly stated he attempted to keep all payments he made concealed from KU’s coaching staff.

Schachter, while speaking with the judge, said the defense had a wiretapped Aug. 31 phone call between Gassnola and former Adidas employee Merl Code where Gassnola says, “I have been going around dropping bags to that idiot Fenny in order to get Kansas to re-sign with Adidas.” Schachter later stated that Gassnola, in the same conversation, said, “I am dropping $20 or $30,000 bag ... “

The defense also wanted to try to prove KU’s coaches had knowledge that Gassnola was making payments. Schachter spoke to Kaplan about text messages between Gassnola and Self from Aug. 9, 2017, when the two are discussing Falmagne before the topic changes to KU reworking a contract extension with Adidas:

Gassnola, 9:33 p.m.: I talked with Fennie

Self, 9:34 p.m.: We good?

Gassnola, 9:34 p.m.: Always. That’s was light work.

Ball is in his court now

Self, 9:34 p.m.: Spoke to Sean. All good.

Gassnola, 9:35 p.m.: Will it be done by Tuesday Deadline ?

Self, 9:36 p.m.: From what I was told yes

Gassnola, 9:36 p.m.: Great. Thank u boss

In the sidebar, prosecution attorney Eli Mark tells the judge that Self is speaking about KU deputy athletic director Sean Lester. KU announced a planned 12-year contract extension with Adidas the next month."
Could be. If a not guilty doesn’t appear possible, a mistrial is much better than having to appeal a guilty verdict.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT