ADVERTISEMENT

Fulkerson from Tenneseee

Jun 26, 2011
Nick will wear him out. Tennessee nowhere near the same team without Williams and Admiral. We take both games this year.

Reactions: TM2013
It seems to me that you cat fans never learn. The majority of you said we wouldn't beat you in football and now, after several years of UT beating uk in basketball - even before Grant and Admiral - you're saying the same thing. Let me tell you straight up - if Evansville can beat you at Rupp then UT will beat you at least once this upcoming season.

It seems to me that you cat fans never learn. The majority of you said we wouldn't beat you in football and now, after several years of UT beating uk in basketball - even before Grant and Admiral - you're saying the same thing. Let me tell you straight up - if Evansville can beat you at Rupp then UT will beat you at least once this upcoming season.
Tennessee just had their best season last year. By the way, you didn’t win the sec championship or make the final four lmao

Tennessee just had their best season last year. By the way, you didn’t win the sec championship or make the final four lmao
Which game are you talking about ? I mean we beat you twice last year. Good response about the rest of your post . I've never really heard that one before. lol

Your Vols have never made the Final Four! It’s been 40 years since you won the SEC tournament in 1979! What the hell can we learn from you?

The last time your football team was relevant was over 20 years ago. And no we’re not a national power in football but neither is your Vols!

Typical moron Tennessee fan!

Live really close to the KY-TENN border. I have seen that orange glow pop up in the south a few times, only to disappear at the first cold nip from the north at the first sign of real winter. Couple times it held on through February, but mostly it wilts like a mum at thanksgiving. Happy thanksgiving, see you again around August.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
UT fans are the worst, they predicate everything on a head to head matchups or how they played against us "lately".
They barely beat us with a 3rd string wr at qb. And this redneck is beating his chest about beating us twice last year.

We care nothing about this crap. We win championships, sec and final 4 championships. They may win a head to head game every now and then but they have won nothing significant since 1998. Heck that was over 20 years ago.

I live in TN and they love trying to brag about stuff that does not amount to anything. Let them have it. It's all they got!

Your Vols have never made the Final Four! It’s been 40 years since you won the SEC tournament in 1979! What the hell can we learn from you?

The last time your football team was relevant was over 20 years ago. And no we’re not a national power in football but neither is your Vols!

Typical moron Tennessee fan!
You should learn that making predictions about UT in football and/or basketball is a foolish thing to do, especially in recent history- that's what you should learn . And another cat fan calling me names - I should have learned that that comes with the majority of the posters on here . Goodnight and have a blessed tomorrow.

You should learn that making predictions about UT in football and/or basketball is a foolish thing to do, especially in recent history- that's what you should learn . And another cat fan calling me names - I should have learned that that comes with the majority of the posters on here . Goodnight and have a blessed tomorrow.
I know tennessee fans aren’t known to be incredibly intelligent , but what exactly did you expect to happen when you posted on this site? We don’t play y’all for months, why would you be randomly reading our board? I’ve never in my life been on a Tennessee board as I’m a UK fan. Why come here?

And several years of us STILL making it further in the tournament that matters!

Reactions: Samurai Cat
*UT has won 1 National Championship in the last 50 years and yet they act like they are still elite. Why?

*UT has had the best basketball seasons they have had since Ernie and Bernie the past 2 years but couldn't get to the final four but their fans are elated. Why?

If you ask them why the answer to both questions they give is because they beat UK. I guess we are the gold standard in college sports. :popcorn:

You can beat Kentucky; you always have. Anything else you can do?

Reactions: Samurai Cat
Been following this for over fifty years.
Listen up young cats:
Tn. plays their best game all year in Knoxville. We usually fold in the sea of prison orange. L
We beat them like a bass drum in Rupp. W
They fall like a house of cards come tourney time.

Rinse and repeat.

Heck, a healthy undefeated Rupps Runts couldn't beat them in that orange hell

Take this to the bank. I have lived through, Mears, stall ball, Aberdeen, BooerwinKle, unicycles, rubber floors, stokley , smokey, Ernie and Bernie,Rodney Woods...Rocky Top is an Orange Bermuda Triangle.

Last edited:
When you make some noise in the tournament, you know the one that counts, get back with me!

Listen up young cats:
Tn. plays their best game all year in Knoxville. We usually fold in the sea of prison orange. L

Rinse and repeat.

Take this to the bank. I have lived through, Mears, stall ball, Aberdeen, BooerwinKle, unicycles, rubber floors, stokley , smokey, Ernie and Bernie,Rodney Woods...Rocky Top is an Orange Bermuda Triangle.
Thank you. It is refreshing to read a post by a person with some intelligence AND experience of this "rivalry". Some of our fans were boasting as to how we would destroy Tennessee when they came to Kroger Field after Georgia State beat them. We see how that ended.

I never circle a win against Tennessee in Knoxville preseason.. We are never the same team when we play in Knoxville and Tennessee is not the same team when they play us at home. It would be nice to win this year for once but I am not coming on a message board with my chest out based on the history of our games down there.

Son, This is a basketball board. We don’t give 2 sh*ts about football. The fact of the matter is this: UK has beaten the dogsh*t out of Tennessee throughout the history of the rivalry. UK has won over 68% of the games (155-73) and Cal is 12-8 since coming to UK. If you want to puff your chest out because you are lucky enough to beat us roughly 3 out of every 10 times you play us, then go ahead and make yourself look even more stupid. But you must understand, you’re not in UK’s stratosphere as it relates to historical significance in College Basketball. Comparatively speaking, you’re a pimple on UK’s arse. Stay in your lane and you won’t get your feelings hurt.
851-DDED8-6553-432-C-AF02-A1-B050650415.jpg

Listen up young cats:

Rinse and repeat.

•UK is 64-51 vs Tennessee in Knoxville 56% Winning Percentage (Hardly an Orange Bermuda Triangle)

•UK is 91-22 vs Tennessee in Lexington 81% Winning Percentage

I am 65 years old and have been watching UK-UT all my life back to the Ray Mears days, through the Bernie-Ernie show, through Don Devoe, and no matter what kind of team Tennessee has they get sky high when UK comes to town and we have had a tough time in Knoxville. If Tennessee beats UK they have made their season, I wish we could return the favor in Football as you mentioned but it hasn't worked that way.

Tennessee has never made a Final 4 in basketball

Kentucky has more recently had a 10 win season and finished in the top 12. Tennessee hasn't done that since 2007..

Head to head there have been struggles sure...but I'd rather do better in the post season...which we've been doing in both sports.

•UK is 64-51 vs Tennessee in Knoxville 56% Winning Percentage (Hardly an Orange Bermuda Triangle)

•UK is 91-22 vs Tennessee in Lexington 81% Winning Percentage
Yep, you proved my point. Who else has beaten us 51 times on their home floor?
Best College basketball team of all time has a 50/50 chance going against them down there. They play out of their minds we play distracted.

Yep, you proved my point. Who else has beaten us 51 times on their home floor?
Best College basketball team of all time has a 50/50 chance going against them down there. They play out of their minds we play distracted.
And your post is distracting.

Reactions: spartacat
On the substance... since we're playing this game like two months early... I would say that Tennessee isn't an amazing basketball team, but they are solid.

Turner - I hate this kid. Pretty solid basketball player, but commits about 100 fouls per game. Plays defense with his hands more than any player I have ever seen and somehow gets away with it. Regardless, he has stepped up pretty well with Bone now gone. Scored 17 last night in their win while dishing out 12 assists. Compare that to Hagans, who has just 1 game with over 10 assists. He is almost averaging a double-double and had 16 and 8 against Washington. Turner is a volume shooter and he will try to fill up threes and live at the line. Last night, for instance, he went 3 for 8 from 3, and 4 for 16 overall with 8 FTA. In the Washington game he went 1-5 from 3-12 from the floor while putting in 9 of 11 free throws to give him 16 points. He isn’t a great FT shooter, but he is getting to the line. So, Hagans will have to work to keep him out of the paint. In the past he has been able to hit three pointers at a high clip (32 percent, upwards of 39 percent), but is struggling (25%) this year. He could turn this around and get back to his average, but the point there is that he really helps Tennessee click, and Hagans needs to be on him close.

Bowden - Bowden is a pretty big (6'5) guard that largely lives at the three point line and he can kill you from there. Against Washington he was 3-5 and 6-13 while putting in 18. He, as best as I remember is better at shooting jumpers and threes than he is at getting to the rim. Against UTC he didn’t shoot any FTs and went 6-15 from the field and 1-5 from three. UK will match up with him pretty well with Quickley.

Yves Pons – Kid is a bit of an enigma. I am interested to see if he can keep up his scoring. He is now a junior and has this weird mix of athleticism and awkwardness. Kid can run fast and jump out of the gym, but something about the coordination of it is strange. In the past he has been a relative non-factor (2.2ppg), but he has boomed this year so far, averaging a cool 13ppg. He’s found a shot and is shooting 61 percent from the floor and 50 percent from three to go along with 81 percent from the line. He is not going to shoot as many threes as the others, but he can hit them. He is moreso relying on a mid-range jumper and getting to the rim. He had 15 against Washington on 50 percent shooting, but struggled for the first time on the year last night just getting 5 points on 1 of 5 shooting (3 of 4 from the line). Outside of being able to score, Pons is not doing much, his assists and rebounds are not impressive for a SF. I think Whitney matches up well with him defensively, and Maxey with his athleticism will also probably do fine against him.

Josiah James – The big freshman on the Vols team has largely not lived up to the 5 star expectations. Averaging just 4.6ppg, James has not really been much of a factor outside of getting on the glass for rebounds. He did go 4 for 4 and scored 9 points against Washington, but last night he was back around his average. I don’t know much about him other than that he is 6 foot 6.

Fulkerson - The subject of our thread is the lone big man (of relevance) on the Tennessee roster. Fulk goes 6’9 212. On paper, Kentucky should absolutely abuse him, but it would depend on the type of Nick Richards that shows up. Richards is obviously two inches taller and about 30 pounds heavier than Fulk. So, you would imagine that Richards, if he plays to his potential, could have a big game against them. Fulkerson has played well this year though. Last night he went 4-4 for 14 and against Washington he went 4-8 from the field and hit 6-6 from the line to get another 14.

Tennessee has about 2, maybe 3, guys that they go to off the bench with 2 of them being freshmen big men. They are all 6'9 or under and are not extremely impressive, though one has averaged about 6ppg.

The key so far for Tennessee seems to be that they have stayed out of foul trouble (still entirely unsure how Turner hasn't fouled out of every game ever) and they have rebounded pretty well. I think that UK matches up with them well and has the height and muscle to keep them off the glass and out of the paint. A big deal will be trying to get them to commit fouls. Do that and their short bench will come into play and they will struggle. That is especially the case with Turner. I don't think they have anyone that can replace him.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
To the poster specifically who asked why I would come on here and post and be surprised that I would be called names back, my answer to him and to all on here : I have grown up with this rivalry - 50 + years and I have every right to be here b/c I pay for it and it is available to me. You may not agree and/or even understand why I do that but it doesn't matter. I really have a vested interest in this b/c I live in Ky. ( and I love it here) and the majority of my friends are uk fans , so I want to be informed and know what is going on with my closet rival whether it be football and/or basketball. Why can't people understand this?
I do expect to treated fairly even if you disagree with my point of view. I do not call others names and I do expect the same in return, although most of the time I do get called names. I can live that b/c I know that those who call others names have lost the argument and to some degree acknowledge that at least some point of mine is true. It also shows a limited vocabulary.
Point of this post to begin with is that - as another wise UK poster said earlier - it isn't wise to make predictions about against UT , whether they be football and/or basketball. Lastly, to the reply that inevitably occurs
at the end of each post that " get back to us when we (UT) do something/never been top a final four /etc. "
-- you are exactly right - we are not on your level in any respect BUT head to head , and regular season meetings do mean something or why else play the game, we are on level with uk in basketball. I mean, if it doesn't hurt to lose to us in the regular season ,why are there so many posters on here complaining about it when we do beat you ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT