ADVERTISEMENT

From Pilgrim on KSR board

Team source says Coach Cal will be retained as head coach with other staff changes coming in both assistants and support staff. Accountability measures in place regarding day-to-day operations, NIL, program expenses, etc. Player meetings regarding stay/go decisions currently scheduled for tomorrow.
Accountability measures?? WTF does that even mean?
I didn’t think he was going to get fired and if anyone believes Cal is going to do anything other than his way you are mistaken. There will be a dog and pony show press conference to show they support each other.

They both can seriously just f*$k off.

The bar is so high for Cal next year, and that'd be a championship in the SEC and NCAA, that he'll be under so much pressure to deliver he will fail.

I've seen this at work where a mgr is given a chance to improve. Short of perfection the mgr has no way to succeed. It's not fair to anyone.

He's in a no win situation.
And this has never worked out in sports when a Coach is given "more time". It's just kicking the can down the road and we the fans are the ones who suffer.

Half the fanbase is saying we can’t replace Cal. We will become Louisville etc.

Admins are maybe a year behind where many folks were this year. For me I was make or break this season. Some were make or break or gone a year or two (or more) ago.

If Cal sucks again he will be gone...this was a big ta doo and they won't do it again. He knows that too.

Mitch may be inadvertently hitching to Cal's wagon too. Remember all the reports were this was MITCH'S decision....that is key here.

Cal fails again and it may be both of them sent packing.

Soft, soft leadership. I get the numbers. I get the look when you fire a “hall of fame” guy. Sometimes you have to do something unconventional for the overall good. Barnhart just has a hard time with the leadership piece.

OK so when this tanks again next year, both have to be fired. Mitch really hooked his wagon to Cal now. Both must be fired when this ends poorly again
I’m telling you, after next season’s disaster, both will ‘retire.’

That’s all just nonsense to appease the fans. It’s a train wreck. Next season round of 32 maybe sweet 16.
Hell we’ve only been to the round of 32 1 time in the last 4 seasons! What makes you think Maybe a Sweet 16 with what we have coming in and the Used Car Salesman leading them😂😂

In other words, no changes that are particularly easy to quantify and lots of things that can be faked or phoned in.

…..Except for the assistants.

And wasn’t this group of assistants the group that finally pulled recruiting out of the gutter again? Wasn’t that the whole thing we expected from them and didn’t they deliver? Oh, except for John Welch who gave Cal his first watchable and decent-powered offense in forever.

I saw a lot of problems this year. I saw a lot of problems both on and off the court that led to our record and our early exit(s).

So did a lot of people.

Raise your hand if you ever this year found yourself saying “MAN WE NEED NEW ASSISTANTS!!!!”

TOTAL case of “HEY—-WHAT’S THAT??? HEY LOOK OVER THERE, AWAY FROM THE FACT THAT I’M SUPPOSED TO BE ACTING LIKE CAL’S BOSS AND NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!!!”

Reactions: ukfan041
Sounds like all bs. Nothing really changes then. Nada. Zilch. All of those “improvements” mentioned are all part of a routine D1 program anyway.

Cal probably laughing on the car ride home to watch Little House. Half the fan base will fall for it…til next March.
Respectfully ... I don't think the Sunshine Pumpers make up half of the fan base. The Sunshine Pumpers will swallow it all for sure, though - hook, line, and sinker.

Reactions: BlueRunner11
Better scheduling? How about we get our ass back into an in season tournament and play meaningful basketball in November.

I’m for real done, I was so disconnected this season because of Cal and next season will be even worse. I wish fans would make a statement and not show up for games or BBM. But they won’t because 85% of the fans that fill the arena are 75+ and disconnected from what is happening in this program
Are you also for real done starting dumb threads?

4th make changes/last chance year in a row.

If that’s true, what happened 4 years ago to get the notion started???

If you say 9-16, you’re saying we were wanting to fire a HOF coach with 800 career wins, 4 final fours and a championship over 1 bad year??? That says more about you and your knowledge than anything else ever will.

If you say 9-16, you’re saying we were wanting to fire a HOF coach with 800 career wins, 4 final fours and a championship over 1 bad year??? That says more about you and your knowledge than anything else ever will.

2009-2015 Cal ain’t coming back. I wish he was. Hoping for the good old days and believing he’s actually going to change is delaying the inevitable.

2009-2015 Gold Standard Cal ain’t coming back. I wish he was. Hoping for the good old days and believing he’s going to change is just delaying the inevitable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT