ADVERTISEMENT

Friendly reminder for the few fans freaking out about Cal taking our players and commits from us

Vomit Puke GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

• Haha
Reactions: BlazerHallsBallsN96
It's hard to see top recruits hit the portal.

But then I remember that Pope did a fan-freaking tastic job with guys at BYU with players who can't have caffeine, much less sexual intercourse. Think it's easy getting players in that sort of environment?

Give Coach Pope time. It's a tall ask this year, but even so I bet he gets players that fit his system, and who can set the foundation for a very solid tenure at UK going forward.

Reactions: TheDude73
Thing is, he's not taking anyone from Pope, they were all already gone, he is just timing the news to do what he always does, make himself look better

I like Pope and hope he succeeds. However, I am cautious on expectations for year 1.

He is taking over a program with potentially no recruits, in the middle of April.

Year 1 may be tough.

Cal will be set up much better for year 1, but we will see what he makes of it.

I fully expect Arkansas to have a better year than us next year. Yeah, I know…but I do.

I just hope we don’t panic and act like fools. Year 2 and 3 will be what we need to wait for to judge CMPs results and legacy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT