ADVERTISEMENT

Free Z

This is just a random thought about NIL, I’m not really sure how it works but can Big Z get money from NIL and not be cleared from NCAA yet?
Not unless they fixed the issue Oscar had last year. Foreign players cant earn money while they are here or it voids their student visa.

Reactions: ganner918
It's called the Shaedon Sharpe & Moo Moo Fiasco. Please give your revisionist cherry-picking a rest. Also, quote me on saying that Wagner would never play again. Pick on coaches? Are you Cal's cousin? Do you KNOW how often Cal has poked and stabbed at fans in his interviews? I'm not going to sit here and repost to you just how bad of a coach he actually is. A fan saying that she doesn't think a player is going to play isn't "picking on them". It's just an opinion :)
There it is, one of the juvenile hater posts. With a huge win and recruiting looking great you just keep digging on the hate. If you are really a UK fan, which I’m not sure you are, just let it go and enjoy the ride.

There it is, one of the juvenile hater posts. With a huge win and recruiting looking great you just keep digging on the hate. If you are really a UK fan, which I’m not sure you are, just let it go and enjoy the ride.
And there it is. Go through my posts, child, you won't find me "hating". "Hate" is a very strong word, don't be so super sensitive because someone doesn't post something that exactly echoes your thoughts or loves your favorite coach. Also, I'm not a "juvenile", another misused word from you. I'm absolutey a UK fan. You don't know me personally, in any shape or form. Good day. One less person to occupy my feed.

Last edited:
Marvin Bagley got cleared in about two days after transferring to like 4 different schools and reclassifying.

This. The NCAA is purposefully dragging their feet. This isn’t the 1860s waiting for the pony express to move documents back and forth. This is the digital age. Anything and everything can be sorted and finalized in 2-3 days max.

The other possibility is he’s already been denied and UK is using all their appeals.

Shame on the NCAA they could have said by now yes or no but just keep him hanging, if he had been at Duke, or Kan he would have already been playing.
I'd say that they did say no some time ago, and Big Z is tired of watching UK appeal multiple times. UK and Cal know the answer.

Reactions: westerncat
I think UK knew it was going to be iffy. They took a chance and it didn't work out.

It's called the Shaedon Sharpe & Moo Moo Fiasco. Please give your revisionist cherry-picking a rest. Also, quote me on saying that Wagner would never play again. Pick on coaches? Are you Cal's cousin? Do you KNOW how often Cal has poked and stabbed at fans in his interviews? I'm not going to sit here and repost to you just how bad of a coach he actually is. A fan saying that she doesn't think a player is going to play isn't "picking on them". It's just an opinion :)
Please stop posting. You are the worst, the absolute worst

Not to turn this into a “Bash Mitch Barnhart” thread. But I do wonder how an AD — who has served on multiple NCAA Tournament CFP committees the past few years — can’t make a few phone calls to Indianapolis and get this sorted out.

If it’s true and he returns to Europe I will wish him well and consider him a Wildcat till the end. Goodbye Z, it’s like we never knew you.

No chance another white kid will be allowed to play at Kentucky this season.
If you guys dont think thats the case well I dont know what to tell you.
The NCAA like everyone else is jealous of all of UKs success and will do everything in their power to keep another caucasian off the court at UK.

And one more thing, after UK dominated the NCAAs love child UNC that was the final nail in UKs coffin in regards to having Z cleared. Had we lost, maybe, no chance after beating the NCAAs Tar Holes and having a white boy from Kentucky steal Carolina’s lunch money and stuff it in their baby blue faces.

F the NCAA, we will win it all without him!

Last edited:
What happened to that deadline the NCAA had? Wasn't it like 45 days when he got on campus?

Seriously it's ridiculous to not rule one way or the other leaving the kid in complete limbo. Just say one way or the other if he's eligible or not. This isn't rocket science. Forget the team for a second, it's not fair to him.

Either way this goes it’s not getting enough attention. Mara got to UCLA in early September. Zvonimir got here in early October. Mara was cleared November 6. Here it is December 20th and nothing. Even if they rule against it a ruling should have been made by now. They aren’t only hurting UK they are hurting Z. He could be playing somewhere else getting ready for his future.

Another thing is I have to laugh at that article.
A lot of kids go back home during the holidays. If Big Z was playing this entire time I would expect that he probably goes back to Europe over the break.

I read that entire article. Has he said anything about not returning?

All these articles do is create try to create fear and worry among the fanbase.

Could it very well happen? Yeah sure. But unless he's said anything about it, there's no reason to think it's going to IMO.

Another thing is I have to laugh at that article.
A lot of kids go back home during the holidays. If Big Z was playing this entire time I would expect that he probably goes back to Europe over the break.

I read that entire article. Has he said anything about not returning?

All these articles do is create try to create fear and worry among the fanbase.

Could it very well happen? Yeah sure. But unless he's said anything about it, there's no reason to think it's going to IMO.
Agreed, but it aint looking good.
Most of us knew from the outset that the haters at the NCAA would F Kentucky getting Z and here we are almost at Christmas and nothing
Yawn-we have not one but 2 very capable 7 footers to get Ky to where we want to be.
The NCAA can stick it where the sun dont shine!

Those commenting, including the linked article, that we are fine without him are missing the point.

This isn't about whether Z adds to the teams performance. This is about a legitimate recruit where Cal even said was completely vetted, from everything we read is a good guy, goes through all the effort to get here, wants to play, is on a team, practices, experiences life in the USA in college even if just one year, will have an international following for our program, and should have been made eligible to play some time ago. He is not unique and other foreign players in college (except somehow for one other at Kentucky) never go through all of this. There are even some that have had questionable eligibility that were granted fairly quick by the NCAA to play. It is just shameful and complete stupidity by the NCAA.

Not unless they fixed the issue Oscar had last year. Foreign players cant earn money while they are here or it voids their student visa.
Hadn't thought of that, yeah I guess he would have a problem there

This whole fiasco just sucks balls. How in this day and time with virtually all college athletes free agents, can anyone not be eligible?? Seems like such a great kid, always cheering and smiling. This is criminal what those idiots are putting the kid through. Wont be the same rest of the year if he does decide to go back home. Ill miss seeing him on the sideline and his presence. The whole thing is a shame!!!

Last edited:
This whole fiasco just sucks balls. How in thie day and time with virtually all college athletes free agents, can anyone not be eligible?? Seems like such a great kid, always cheering and smiling. This is criminal what those idiots are putting the kid through. Wont be the same rest of the year if he does decide to go back home. Ill miss seeing him on the sideline and his presence. The whole thing is a shame!!!
The NCAA doesn't care about Z they just care about giving Duke and N Carolina a better chance of winning a title.

You can osculate my signature if you think you're big enough to handle it, ma'am. I don't see "moderator" anywhere near your stupid screen name.

Mike McDonalds is a better name?? 😂

We got a Billy here that likes to pretend to be mean online but would be to scared to speak in my presence in real life.. lol

Mike McDonalds is a better name?? 😂

We got a Billy here that likes to pretend to be mean online but would be to scared to speak in my presence in real life.. lol
An Einstein that doesn't even get a movie reference. LOL I'd laugh in your face and ignore you in real life, just like I'm doing now. You'd cower and aw-shucks like the craven you are. I can see why half the board ignores you. Buh-bye, waste.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Why doesn't BIG Z sue the ncaa like it seems so many other players have this year so that they can play? I don't remember another year that so many players had to get courts involved in order to play. Absolutely ridiculous!!!

Reactions: westerncat
An Einstein that doesn't even get a movie reference. LOL I'd laugh in your face and ignore you in real life, just like I'm doing now. You'd cower and aw-shucks like the craven you are. I can see why half the board ignores you. Buh-bye, waste.

Einstein’s have more productive things to do than to watch movies. We out here putting in work so you can get your check on the 3rd every month. Have a safe one, little fella.

And there it is. Go through my posts, child, you won't find me "hating". "Hate" is a very strong word, don't be so super sensitive because someone doesn't post something that exactly echoes your thoughts or loves your favorite coach. Also, I'm not a "juvenile", another misused word from you. I'm absolutey a UK fan. You don't know me personally, in any shape or form. Good day. One less person to occupy my feed.
Hahaha. I’m 61 years old so not exactly a child, and I didn’t call you a juvenile. I said your post was juvenile. You can try to say you don’t “hate” but you clearly “despise” our coach. Does that make your feel better?

Reactions: Kybluedude
On Tom leach this am, they said Big Z is going back to Europe for a visit but if he doesn’t hear from the ncaa, he won’t come back.

Reactions: bbncal02
I don't blame him. This is absolutely ridiculous. Utah football players can get trucks, but this kid can't play basketball. Screw 'em. I hope UK sues.
Kentucky has already inflicted justice my knocking off the NCAAs beloved Tar Heels.
The next round of punishment will occur with Reed and John hoisting the #9 trophy!

Those F’ers will stroke out!

Reactions: mdlUK.1
I don't blame him. This is absolutely ridiculous. Utah football players can get trucks, but this kid can't play basketball. Screw 'em. I hope UK sues.
This is why the NCAA sucks so bad. They can do whatever they want with no oversight, as they are the oversight. UK will have no grounds for a lawsuit.

Just really sh!tty people doing really sh!tty things to kids. Although given they’ve exploited kids for decades for money, is this any surprise?

Reactions: uk78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT