ADVERTISEMENT

Frankly, I think it is Stoops’ Best Interest Should Auburn Offer, to Take the Job

No other SEC school is going to hire stoops. Half of our fan base doesn’t even want him to be the coach here anymore
Nebraska might offer. Or not. If he really wanted out, he could reach to Colorado or Arizona State. Who knows. I'll agree that he would not be a frontrunner for Auburn.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
This is like a guy believing his wife is super hot and so many others would want her. In reality, she’s got a K Mart face.

No other SEC school wants this guy. His offense is crap. He’s never beaten Georgia or won a division.

Any NIL-related problem that would cause Stoops to leave UK will still be a problem for the next coach. How do you convince anyone of any stature to take a job where his first problem is getting...and then keeping...quality players?
Bottomline, unless the NIL situation improves at UK, we are headed right back to the cellar.

Last edited:
There is little doubt in my mind if given the opportunity Stoops would say good-bye to the Blue Grass. The big question is, what program wants him and will provide the necessary funds or NIL to make it attractive for him to leave the job security he has in Lexington.

If Stoops does not get the opportunity to leave he needs to clean house and reevaluate what his objectives are? Interpret this as the DANG OFFENSE SUCKS.

Reactions: thepip
It will not matter if he wins or loses, he’ll
collect at least 7 years worth of big-time salary if fired after his first 2 years. And might not have to work for the final 25/30 million.

NIL looks poor at Kentucky. Auburn must
be more secure there.

Auburn has won a title in modern times, so they might, again.

Yeah, I know how good his UK contract is. But frankly, Stoops wants to at least match his brother with a title, and Auburn is a likelier place to get it than Kentucky.

So the question is whether Stoops is ready to move on from us . . . . and your vote counts for nothing.
just don't think he was ever on their radar they will want an offense.

ADVERTISEMENT