ADVERTISEMENT

Frank Martin Shoves His Own Player

• Thread starter anon_9qtxg60vqzy0y
  • Start date
Regardless of how you feel about it, actions like that could have consequences. He better hope a Lattrell Spreewell incident doesn't occur. I think some of these coaches forget that it only takes one time for a player to retaliate.

InnocentPastelErmine-size_restricted.gif

Twitter is a terrible thing. Some dipshit posts a video, out of context, of nothing hoping it triggers a reaction and now we’re talking about it. The reward mechanisms in social media are breaking the world. I always thought Facebook was bad but having spent a little time on twitter now I see the outrage feedback loops in action and think we’d all be better off without any of them.

Almost looks like he was pushing him to go check in.

This was my first thought. People are just way too PC today. They sure couldn't be coached 50 years ago, and certainly, could not have been in the military. That being said, I have always thought that Martin was one Prozac shy of going postal.

It's sad that a lot of American kids are wussies. What the hell happened to players, being players, instead of pompous a$$e$. If a coach yells at them today, you hurt their feelings and they run to their parents. Then the coach has to apologize for hurting "Little Joey's" feelings, and probably go to anger management.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Easy to tell what Generation the individual posts come from. Draw your own conclusion on which one you agree with.

Poor little darling did some body actually demand you to do something instead of asking. Maybe mommy and daddy should have taught you better. What sissies we have today, maybe some of these players can try out for the title nine teams.

Might wanna use full context before you do that. Social media has destroyed some of your minds. Attack, attack, attack. Go get justice over that 5 second video.
I never heard of a tongue in cheek meter being broken before. It might be connected to your sarcasm meter though so def get that looked at

Reactions: Mike-D
I don't have a problem with this. But I will say this- all it takes is a few people close to the situation to make life miserable for Frank Martin. So long as his people at SC (A.D. and President) aren't worried about it, he'll be fine. We all know Martin has a fiery personality and that is part of what makes him a good coach. The only thing that would concern me is what might go on behind the scenes, the stuff we don't actually see. If one of these social media warriors got into a practice and videoed him putting hands on players, he could be dealing with a problem. But this video is really nothing much.

Reactions: willievic
I never heard of a tongue in cheek meter being broken before. It might be connected to your sarcasm meter though so def get that looked at

I've already explained this if you could try reading the thread next time.

Almost looks like he was pushing him to go check in.

Jeez guys, this isn't what you think it is. He didn't shove him in anger, he needed the player to quickly get checked in.

Exactly what it is. Geeez.

We see Frank Martin through the TV at his most intense. He has to have good relationships with his players or he'd be out long ago.

There's more to it than a TV clip.

You know we play uscjr next week right and this was clearly tongue in cheek.

Well if we need to have a opposing coach to miss a game to be a .500 team, we got bigger problems than opposing coaches. Joking or not.

"Guilty Until Proven Innocent" Mob mentality in today's society.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Exactly what it is. Geeez.

We see Frank Martin through the TV at his most intense. He has to have good relationships with his players or he'd be out long ago.

There's more to it than a TV clip.
No doubt.

I would have to believe that FM makes it very clear to these kids that he is going to be in their faces and that it will be intense. Don't take it personally.

I'd be good with it as long as I knew how it was going to he before hand.

I watched an ESPN special on Martin, he's actually a pretty cool guy and behind the scenes, he definitely shows that he cares about his players.

It's a fine line, but Frank navigates it pretty well.

Reactions: willievic
Twitter is a terrible thing. Some dipshit posts a video, out of context, of nothing hoping it triggers a reaction and now we’re talking about it. The reward mechanisms in social media are breaking the world. I always thought Facebook was bad but having spent a little time on twitter now I see the outrage feedback loops in action and think we’d all be better off without any of them.

THIS! We've always had idiots out there. Now every idiot has a platform!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT