ADVERTISEMENT

Fran Fraschilla Big 12 Homer

My problem with Fraschilla is that he ALWAYS goes on these 5 minutes high school basketball history lessons with every player on the court. Who wants to hear all that? Frankly, I find it a bit weird.

Every single metric in the history of metrics has the Big 12 as the best conference right now, and it isn't even close. Kenpom, NET, RPI, Massey, Sagarin, Fivethirtyeight, Gassaway, shotanalytics all have the Big 12 miles in front... They might get 90% of their conference into the tournament, dude. It's clear that somebody is a Homer here and it ain't Fran.

Look at the bottom of that page... Big 12 is plus 18.17 and the next closest is the Big 10 at plus 14.97.....which is about the biggest gap you can get in Kenpom. Where is the SEC? Plus 14.37. Time to maybe take off your wildcat colored goggles.

Last edited:
Every single metric in the history of metrics has the Big 12 as the best conference right now, and it is t even close. They might get 90% of their conference into the tournament, dude. It's clear that somebody is a Homer here and it ain't Fran.

Look at the bottom of that page... Big 12 is plus 18.17 and the next closest is the Big 10 at plus 14.97.....which is about the biggest gap you can get in Kenpom. Where is the SEC? Plus 14.37. Time to maybe take off your wildcat colored goggles.
I guess the SEC shouldn’t even bother showing up for the Big 12/SEC challenge then

Reactions: sambowieshin
Every single metric in the history of metrics has the Big 12 as the best conference right now, and it isn't even close. Kenpom, NET, RPI, Massey, Sagarin, Fivethirtyeight, Gassaway, shotanalytics all have the Big 12 miles in front... They might get 90% of their conference into the tournament, dude. It's clear that somebody is a Homer here and it ain't Fran.

Fran is a homer. But the big12 is strong this season. both can be true

Last edited:
Reactions: CrazyCat74

Didn't most of those same metrics have the Big10 as the best conference last year and what was their tournament record? If memory serves me correct it was 8-9. Those same metrics also didn't think as highly of the Pac12 and their teams went 13-5. So I guess that is why basketball is played on the court not on a computer program.

Reactions: Lumpy 2
Apparently, this Frannchilla person has not gotten the memo that his opinions must adhere to ours. Yes, it makes me angry too, but what are you gonna do? I just hope the right people talk to him...and soon.

Good information, but like the Big Ten in football, they have good numbers but can’t finish. Baylor was an exception

I started to watch the TT vs KU game last night, but as soon as I heard Frashilla's voice I turned it off. To me he is the worst in the business. I just can't stand to hear him.

Last edited:
Reactions: HAWK1962

While this is true a large part of this is mainly due to the lesser amount of teams in the Big12. The Big 12 has normally gotten this high ranking in Kenpom because their bottom teams are simply better than the other conferences bottom teams. The lowest rated team in Kenpom in the Big 12 is currently 54th.

The SEC by comparison does have 9 teams in the top 58. The issue is it also has 5 teams ranked 91 or lower. I suspect if the Big 12 had 14 teams like the SEC, they would suffer a similar issue.

At the top (and even middle), the SEC is very much on par with the Big 12. Maybe a little bit better.

After he came up for air on Kansas’ Obotchee, he emphatically claims the Big 12 is the best conference in the country
Are you just now realizing that Frashcella is in love with the big-12 ? His son played for Oklahoma. Let me rephrase that, his son sat on the bench at Oklahoma.

Good information, but like the Big Ten in football, they have good numbers but can’t finish. Baylor was an exception
So when Clemson won the national title in football, the SEC wasnt the best conference that year bc the national champion came from the ACC?

How’s that metrics thing workin’ out for ya?
SEC 6
B12. 3

[laughing][laughing][laughing]

I think Fran calls a great game but he's definitely a Big 12 guy. He seemed shocked Kentucky won today, let alone won comfortably.

We have 14 teams. The SEC is far and away better, owned the little12 / sec challenge again with a 20 point curb stomp at the birdcage.

I cannot wait until the Big12 blows up which is coming very soon. Kansas is going to be in a mid major league 🤣. That’s gotta suck.

That’s really how you know who daddy is. We can take anyone from your league we want and already have taken who we want. Arkansas, A&M, Missouri, Texas, Oklahoma are all essentially SEC teams now. I hear Memphis is available you’ll need them for football!
[roll]

All I know is their 2 best teams got beat bad yesterday in head to head games. Baylor lost to unranked Alabama, and Kansas was manhandled at home to Kentucky. Metics are simply statistics. Head to head play is the real thing. The Big 12’s best teams are not as good as the SEC’s best teams.

And this is why we don't use the metric system in these United States.
Actually, the US has officially been on the Metric system since 1893. It's honored more in the breach than in practice. Several years ago, NASA lost a Mars mission because of a mix up in Metric and English units. NASA and most government agencies now use the Metric units for scientific calculations. I know this because I am an old Metrologist, not to be confused with an old Meteorologist.

Actually, the US has officially been on the Metric system since 1893. It's honored more in the breach than in practice. Several years ago, NASA lost a Mars mission because of a mix up in Metric and English units. NASA and most government agencies now use the Metric units for scientific calculations. I know this because I am an old Metrologist, not to be confused with an old Meteorologist.

Thank

Reactions: Johnfarrel

How's that lookin now?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT