ADVERTISEMENT

Do you go to see other top programs in the area in which you live if they come to town?

crawfords corner

All-American
Jul 9, 2004
Question is inspired by Cincinnati joining the Big 12 and their conference season starting and assuming that most of us outside of being UK basketball fans we are also college basketball junkies in general.

Now that UC has joined the Big 12, if you are in the NKU/Cincinnati area, there are lots of chances now to see the opposition in person in this area. This season alone sees Texas(who will be joining the SEC next season), TCU, Oklahoma(see Texas), and Houston all coming to Cincinnati to play the Bearcats. Even next season could see KU, Baylor, and BYU all coming to Cincinnati to play.

I do. I have season tickets for Vanderbilt. Great seats , just off the floor and beside the visiting teams bench. I go to 2 or 3 games a year with UK being the reason I bought them. Compared to UK season tickets these were very cheap, 400.00 bucks. I sell the tickets for most games. I break even for the season .

Houston would be a fun game to attend. When I lived in Nola, I got to see the great Cincinnati team with K. Martin beat up on Tulane in the Dome. I also do that now when Memphis has a big game, something about big games.

I do. I have season tickets for Vanderbilt. Great seats , just off the floor and beside the visiting teams bench. I go to 2 or 3 games a year with UK being the reason I bought them. Compared to UK season tickets these were very cheap, 400.00 bucks. I sell the tickets for most games. I break even for the season .

That's smart. I like the way you think.

I used to work across the street from The Pit for UNM in Albuquerque, never went to a game, never cared

I have thought about doing the same thing, do you have to pay a school fee as well or just 400 per seat?

I live near Seton Hall and always realize about halfway through the season I should go see a game there and never actually end up doing so. With how they're beating ranked teams at home this year I really should get over there.

Reactions: crawfords corner
I would have to went to at least 1 game, sport your UK gear.
My roommate was a huge UCONN fan, this was 2014 when they beat us in the title game. Haven’t talked to him since I moved out, he became insufferable

Not too much. I’m in Denver and did go up to Boulder for CU vs UCLA (they were like top 3-5 at the time) last season.

Honestly, if it doesn’t involve UK I am not that interested in spending money on tix.

My roommate was a huge UCONN fan, this was 2014 when they beat us in the title game. Haven’t talked to him since I moved out, he became insufferable

That would be one negative of going to see these teams, their fans and having to either engage with them or just listen to them. Even worse if you are repping UK by wearing the apparel.

I don't even go to see UK in my town. Live college basketball games aren't worth the cost, hassle and time involved to me.

Never been to Indy, except for Cats games. Never been to Assembly or Mackey.

Went to quite a few UVA games while living in Charlottesville. The UVA/Duke ones were pretty good. Never saw UNCheat when they came to town.

I don't even go to see UK in my town. Live college basketball games aren't worth the cost, hassle and time involved to me.
This is me now and would be true even if I lived in/around Lexington. Oh, I might go to a game or two now and then, but I much prefer to watch in the comfort of my own home, especially now that I'm older. I live in southwest Indiana so rarely is there much big-time basketball coming here.

Last game I attended in Evansville was when UofE played Creighton when they had Doug McDermott back in 2014, I think.

Growing up, I used to go to games on occasion at UC. XU, Miami and Dayton. It would usually be a Saturday afternoon if my dad and I had nothing going on. I've worked at Universities over the past 25 years, so go to some of those games. Took my 8 year old son to his first college basketball game a few weeks ago when Illinois State hosted SEMO. I think he and I will be taking in a few ISU games a year.

Yes, being a basketball fan in general, I would go to any of those games if I were you. When my schedule allows, I go to WVU games.

Have lived 30 minutes from East Lansing my entire life and have seen one Michigan State game there. 40 minutes from Ann Arbor and have never been to a Michigan game there.

I’ve traveled the 6 hours to Lexington and other places to see UK countless times.

So no, I do not.

I do not, even though I live 2 miles from NC St arena the past 4 years, but within 10 minutes the past 27 years. I think I’ve been to 2 NC St games, one vs Duke and one in NIT.

I have thought about doing the same thing, do you have to pay a school fee as well or just 400 per seat?
You do pay a fee that is considered a donation. While you can deduct it, it does make it more difficult to break even for the season. This is the first year I have taken this route. I always go to the UK game at Vandy and try to get very good seats. 2 very good seats for UK normally cost a total of 500 bucks or so. It is usually a sellout. The high is why I bought the season tickets.
I have managed to sell the tickets for each game except one. Last game against Alabama I made up 200 dollars of my cost.

I'm an hour from Columbia SC, and have seen the Gamecocks a few times. They've been so dreadful lately it hasn't been worth it. Might check them out against UT this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT