ADVERTISEMENT

Forget everything else, it is time

UK is 9 and 3 when top 10 teams come to Rupp with Cal here.

UK literally just beat a top 10 UT in Rupp last year for the we haven't won a game like this in forever crowed.

The overall record against top 25 since 2016 is abysmally overall though and that has to change.

UK needs to win tonight and will IMO.

Reactions: yoshukai
He just didn’t use that exact word It’s never time for a win. You have to fight for them.
Nobody ever claimed that you don’t have to fight for wins. You are making up that strawman from thin air.

The fact is our record against ranked teams in recent years has been unacceptably awful relative to this program’s historical standard. There’s nothing wrong with voicing the opinion that that needs to change …and that we shouldn’t try to excuse it away. You just come across as an insufferable fool by arguing otherwise.

I thought we'd have the edge in shooting, but they are actually the better shooting team so far this season.
FG%: Miami 52.4%, UK 50.6%
3FG: Miami 45.8%, UK 42.5%
FT%: Miami 82.7%, UK 73.4%

And it seems like visiting teams come in and light up Rupp...

UK actually has a good record against top 10 teams at Rupp the last 5 years. I only saw 1 loss to KU.

Pretty confident they will win tonight.
Are you talking 10th ranked Ewe Tee...that is conference.

Lost to Mich St, UCLA, Kansas, Gonzaga, K St last year. Lost to KU this year. Power 5 and Gonzaga type teams have won 5 straight at least in the USA. Not at Rupp. Ok, Michigan was a win but in the UK. NIT team.

OP is spot on. it is time to put up or shut up. It has been to the point that it seems rare that we ever win these types of games. In the past, it seems we rarely lost them.

Are you talking 10th ranked Ewe Tee...that is conference.

Lost to Mich St, UCLA, Kansas, Gonzaga, K St last year. Lost to KU this year. Power 5 and Gonzaga type teams have won 5 straight at least in the USA. Not at Rupp. Ok, Michigan was a win but in the UK. NIT team.

I'm talking about games at Rupp Arena and why I'm not concerned we lose tonight. It hasn't been an issue at Rupp against top 10 teams other than against KU and that dominant FL team from 2014.

If we were playing at Miami or neutral I might be more concerned. I expect UK to win this game.

Nobody ever claimed that you don’t have to fight for wins. You are making up that strawman from thin air.

The fact is our record against ranked teams in recent years has been unacceptably awful relative to this program’s historical standard. There’s nothing wrong with voicing the opinion that that needs to change …and that we shouldn’t try to excuse it away. You just come across as an insufferable fool by arguing otherwise.
When did I argue otherwise? I simply said we are not entitled to wins. It is not time for a win. It is time to fight for be. That doesn’t include bashing the team

Time for UK to start winning these types of games again. They are home. No excuses for a loss. Too much of that has gone on. Just win.
I’m on my way to the game right now. So nervous I could puke cause the last time I went was against Evansville. The feeling in that place afterwards haunts me and hasn’t been the same since. I want Kentucky to win basketball games. It has to start tonight. It’s a must!

It’s true. It’s never time for a win. Wins are earned. I hope we have the skill to win. I hope our defense has come a long way.

It has mattered. You just didn’t know it. Thinking the other teams don’t matter is how you get beat. They have basketball players too. They will be playing defense.

Expectations are often used in the definition of entitlement. Just saying.
"Blah blah blah blah blah it's never Cal's fault blah blah blah blah."

You are to predictable posts what Krispy Kream donuts are to getting fatter.

"Blah blah blah blah blah it's never Cal's fault blah blah blah blah."

You are to predictable posts what Krispy Kream donuts are to getting fatter.
Yeah, probably true for you. Glued to a lazy boy eating bon bins and bashing the cats. How much food under your chair? Just curious.

Yeah, probably true for you. Glued to a lazy boy eating bon bins and bashing the cats. How much food under your chair? Just curious.
Every time you try to offer a clever retort, it just ends up looking like:

P2c.gif

You think we’re entitled? You do realize the other team has different ideas on who is entitled to what. It’s time to fight and scrap like rabid dogs. That’s all you are entitled to. No athlete is ever entitled to an outcome. Fans are only entitled to watch. If the team wants to win, they have to fight like hell to do it and that includes a LOT more than jacking threes..
Thanks for the wisdom…….not

Kentucky is favored by 6. That seems a bit high since we are playing the #8 rated team in the country.

The folks in Vegas who set the lines consistently prove that they know the game considerably better than the media members who vote on the rankings.

If Vegas thinks UK is a clear-cut favorite, you can bet they have good reason for it. AP voters, on the other hand, are just guessing.
Yep, they good. I've played the odds with them for some time. But they blow a fuse now and then...Kentucky vs Loserville.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT