ADVERTISEMENT

Forget everything else, it is time

Time for UK to start winning these types of games again. They are home. No excuses for a loss. Too much of that has gone on. Just win.
You think we’re entitled? You do realize the other team has different ideas on who is entitled to what. It’s time to fight and scrap like rabid dogs. That’s all you are entitled to. No athlete is ever entitled to an outcome. Fans are only entitled to watch. If the team wants to win, they have to fight like hell to do it and that includes a LOT more than jacking threes..

You think we’re entitled? You do realize the other team has different ideas on who is entitled to what. It’s time to fight and scrap like rabid dogs. That’s all you are entitled to. No athlete is ever entitled to an outcome. Fans are only entitled to watch. If the team wants to win, they have to fight like hell to do it and that includes a LOT more than jacking threes..
What a weird post…

LFG!!!
giphy.webp

Over the long haul it hasn't mattered what most other teams plans were that came to Lexington. Why make exceptions for Cal? Olajuwon lost.

Let's make exceptions and give everyone a trophy.

Good lord man. We just want to win a game like this as it’s been quite a while. I’m not sure how anyone can conjure up a way to flip this into some wacky entitlement situation, but you did it.

Good lord man. We just want to win a game like this as it’s been quite a while. I’m not sure how anyone can conjure up a way to flip this into some wacky entitlement situation, but you did it.

Bass needs to just go ahead and drop the “B” and be done with it. No true Kentucky fan could spin Cal’s record the past several years against top 25 teams as anything but an utter failure. CAL HIMSELF admitted it at media days. It’s laughable to try to downplay the importance of this game to the fans, and to the national perception of both Calipari and our program as a whole. It isn’t entitlement you cheese wheel… it’s called expectations. Ones that haven’t been met for quite some time.

It’s true. It’s never time for a win. Wins are earned. I hope we have the skill to win. I hope our defense has come a long way.

• Haha
Reactions: crawfords corner
Over the long haul it hasn't mattered what most other teams plans were that came to Lexington. Why make exceptions for Cal? Olajuwon lost.

Let's make exceptions and give everyone a trophy.
It has mattered. You just didn’t know it. Thinking the other teams don’t matter is how you get beat. They have basketball players too. They will be playing defense.

Bass needs to just go ahead and drop the “B” and be done with it. No true Kentucky fan could spin Cal’s record the past several years against top 25 teams as anything but an utter failure. CAL HIMSELF admitted it at media days. It’s laughable to try to downplay the importance of this game to the fans, and to the national perception of both Calipari and our program as a whole. It isn’t entitlement you cheese wheel… it’s called expectations. Ones that haven’t been met for quite some time.
Expectations are often used in the definition of entitlement. Just saying.

therapy and/or medication should help.

Time for UK to start winning these types of games again. They are home. No excuses for a loss. Too much of that has gone on. Just win.
Absolutely and exactly 100% Totally agree, You are unquestionably correct. This is where the rubber meets the road. No excuses. This is precisely the time and place. We should thoroughly, unquestionably and positively pick up at 2015 38-0. We should unreservedly, unequivocally and beyond all doubt thrash and trash them at home. JUST F^%#@^IN WINNNNN.

But ole Triple ccc will strike... hope im wrong....

There was a time that beating the #10 team in the country at Rupp was not even something I'd sweat. Not anymore. I'm already perspiring.
That's because we had teams with junior and senior 5* talent. They knew every thought and move of each others game. We had coaches that knew how to install inbounds plays and they understood how to play and defend a zone. In those days we didn't let the tenth rank teams beat us at home... just didn't happen. I was alway confident we would beat tenth ranked teams at their place. AHHH the good old days..

Reactions: RunninRichie
We get a lot of good looks to shoot threes, and we are hitting them at a high clip. The NBA is all about playing outside-in, shooting tons of threes. Where are you getting the notion that we're simply jacking up threes? Us hitting those threes will continue to open lanes up for us to drive as well.

We get a lot of good looks to shoot threes, and we are hitting them at a high clip. The NBA is all about playing outside-in, shooting tons of threes. Where are you getting the notion that we're simply jacking up threes? Us hitting those threes will continue to open lanes up for us to drive as well.
Sure, defense played by a superb team won’t matter. I heard Miami had asked to cancel because they simply could not defend our three jacking.

Sure, defense played by a superb team won’t matter. I heard Miami had asked to cancel because they simply could not defend our three jacking.
But they aren't jacking up contested shots. They're getting good looks by moving the ball well. What will you say if we shoot the three well against's Miami's defense by getting open shots?

Had to click on show ignored content to see what kybassfan wrote. Just reinforced why I have him on ignore. I guess if your boss has an expectation that you show up to work and do your job, the boss/company is just entitled.

On a serious note, this is the type of game that can begin to get those who are skeptical of Cal back on board. He has made some changes—especially with the offense—so people will have to begin to back off their criticism (including me) somewhat if UK wins. I hope like hell I’m happy as can be tonight because of a UK win whether it’s 1 point or 20 points!

WTF? I often question whether you even read or comprehend the posts that you reply to. He never claimed that we were “entitled” to anything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT