ADVERTISEMENT

"For me to leave.. It's not in our blood, I mean in the Stoops blood, to run from a fight and to think there's an easier road."

An easier road?

We just went 9-3 playing one of the worst schedules in the P5.

Depending on the source, he’s either the 12th or 13th highest paid coach in the country.

He gets an automatic extension on his contract simply for finishing above .500.

Tell me an easier gig than where he is right now?

Reactions: thepip and howercat
An easier road?

Depending on the source, he’s either the 12th or 13th highest paid coach in the country.

Oh please... Every school not in the SEC for example. Even the easiest possible SEC schedule is harder than any other conference.

Oh please... Every school not in the SEC for example. Even the easiest possible SEC schedule is harder than any other conference.

Kentucky's schedule ranked 67th nationally this year.

Since Stoops arrived, he is 9-38 vs SEC opponents not named Vandy/Mizzou/USCjr (who he gets to play every year.)

We schedule the absolute dregs of the universe for our non conference games.

A crash test dummy could win 5 games here.

• Haha
Reactions: R.O.T.Muckinfush
An easier road?

His comment obviously flew right over your head.

Since Stoops arrived, he is 9-38 vs SEC opponents not named Vandy/Mizzou/USCjr (who he gets to play every year.)

It's nice when people just come right out and show their idiocy instead of hiding it. That way I can fast track you to the ignore button.

His comment obviously flew right over your head.

I admittedly did not watch the video - was going by the headline. There is not a better gig in the country (outside of the jobs currently occupied by Saban, Smart, Dabo, and Day) than UK. Fanbase is extremely forgiving and has very low expectations. High pay compared to performance. Secondary to basketball. Stoops has it made. I wouldn't leave his spot either, but don't try to tell me it's because he doesn't have it easy.

Reactions: howercat
It's nice when people just come right out and show their idiocy instead of hiding it. That way I can fast track you to the ignore button.

Nice. So you don't dispute any of the black and white stats I posted, you just run and hide. Your wife must be so proud.

I admittedly did not watch the video - was going by the headline. There is not a better gig in the country (outside of the jobs currently occupied by Saban, Smart, Dabo, and Day) than UK. Fanbase is extremely forgiving and has very low expectations. High pay compared to performance. Secondary to basketball. Stoops has it made. I wouldn't leave his spot either, but don't try to tell me it's because he doesn't have it easy.
Not sure how we are secondary to basketball now, but ok

Not sure how we are secondary to basketball now, but ok

Basketball (throwing out last year’s Covid mess) - consistently ranked in the top 15 and a legitimate contender for final four/national title.

Football - sporadically ranked near the bottom of the top 25 and zero chance of a conference title.

Seems cut and dried to me.

How do you think Elite programs get elite?? They do what we are doing right now. You get better and better and better. That's what we are doing, pay attention.

Robert is smart. He knows a few things.

1) He will never be able to recruit enough talent at Kentucky to really compete for anything
2) He will get paid enough at Kentucky to make that a moot point
3) Just going 7-5 every year will keep him employed indefinitely at a ridiculous salary for said mediocre performance
4) He would be in so far over his skis at an actual contender that he should never consider going to one

I admire his wisdom in staying here. Unless Alabama or Georgia or OSU comes calling LMAO,) he should stay put. Not a better gig in the country.

An easier road?

The entire ACC. That was easy.

An easier road?

Well if it's so easy why in the hell is he the first coach in 70 years to do it?

I think some of you forget the program we were for decades.

An easier road?

How about Clemson playing in BS basketball conference? Go try to play at Ky with Florida Georgia on your schedule every year rotate in auburn Bama lsu Texas am etc. in the worst talent state in conference….and your lone big city in Louisville has 1/2 the black kids raised to believe UK is a racist school….that ain’t easy gif IMO

Reactions: rupp876 and blubo
I finding interesting our schedule was so easy and we sucked. Yet Georgia was supposed to be elite and who did play? Clemson wasn't that good this year Arky was over rated. So really they only played one team on their schedule that was bette than we had on ours.
We aren't we're we really want to be but we are getting there. We have the chance to have a top 15 maybe even a top 10 recruiting class. We have recruits coming here on official visits and signing to play for us that a couple of years ago would have laughed and not even opened a letter from us. We are climbing up the ranks and these kids see what we're doing. We will have more 4 and 5 star recruits this year than 3 star.
Stoops has this program moving up. And has us playing better than we ever have. So Stoops took a bottom feeder team and has us in the upper half and moving up. So personally you can take your whining and bitching and crap talking about Stoops and this team shove it.
There are a 130 teams and 105 of them would love to have our record and be going to the bowl game we are.

Then “admittedly” you’re just an asshole. Thanks for clearing that up.

Lmao you obviously haven’t been following UK football long.

I bet you are a blast at parties

Reactions: BigTyrone
He is referring to programs that have an easier path to success (ie competing for conference and national championship). He’s not talking about personal success and having it easier here because of lesser expectations…he’s talking about the road to program success. It’s inherently tougher to do that at UK than a lot of other schools.

An easier road?

You keep saying “we”…. You just joined 2 weeks ago and you’re obviously trolling, trying to throw shade on UK’s record…it’s apparent you aren’t a UK or Stoops fan so drop the “we” routine and go home to your own Board

I dont think he's part of we.

Then “admittedly” you’re just an asshole. Thanks for clearing that up.

Lmao you obviously haven’t been following UK football long.

I bet you are a blast at parties

This kid just made it to my small group of Ignored. It really is a good feature.

You keep saying “we”…. You just joined 2 weeks ago and you’re obviously trolling, trying to throw shade on UK’s record…it’s apparent you aren’t a UK or Stoops fan so drop the “we” routine and go home to your own Board
Of course he’s not a UK fan….. his avatar is a pic of him and some of his bros tailgating outside the pizza pit.

If you are trying to indirectly reference the Iowa job that will come open before too long, Iowa is 63-24 since 2015. 3 10+-win seasons. 4 different #8 ranked final ranking in the polls in last 20 years.

The Iowa job would come with lots of pressure to keep Iowa on that plateau despite the fact recruiting to Iowa is not as easy as it is for several schools in the B1G and for those reasons, would be a harder road to travel-- not easier.

Reactions: KentuckyDC

If you believe that I have ocean front property in AZ for you.

You sound like a Louisville fan touting their 20-30 SOS and saying hour awful ours was before we boat raced them like the JV team they are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT