ADVERTISEMENT

"For me to leave.. It's not in our blood, I mean in the Stoops blood, to run from a fight and to think there's an easier road."

Basketball (throwing out last year’s Covid mess) - consistently ranked in the top 15 and a legitimate contender for final four/national title.

Football - sporadically ranked near the bottom of the top 25 and zero chance of a conference title.

Seems cut and dried to me.
Secondary sport compared to football lol just the way it is. We are in 2nd week in december people are talking about football recruiting ,NFL and CFB bowl games and playoffs . College football will dominate TV coverage on for next 4 weeks . Then NFL will take over till SB in mid Feb really no room for much else . Mid Feb NCAA basketball will start to get some attention good thing because by then UK basketball fans may know the names of this years roster . Finally in march the focus will turn to college basketball and the tournament. In reality most UK fans probably know the rosters of NBA teams more than they do their own at this point . College Basketball has become secondary sport except for March Madness.

Well if it's so easy why in the hell is he the first coach in 70 years to do it?

I think some of you forget the program we were for decades.
I think he thought we were supposed to be where Georgia is now after Stoops 5th year. That’s the only way he would have been pleased.
I will say we were about 3 years behind. If we would have struck during the Joker years instead of having joker here. We could be that much closer. Those joker years were down years for Florida, UGA, and just about the whole east. It was ripe fir picking, but we chose to sit on our hands for three years.

I think he thought we were supposed to be where Georgia is now after Stoops 5th year. That’s the only way he would have been pleased.
I will say we were about 3 years behind. If we would have struck during the Joker years instead of having joker here. We could be that much closer. Those joker years were down years for Florida, UGA, and just about the whole east. It was ripe fir picking, but we chose to sit on our hands for three years.
Truth be told, 3 years and replacing Joker was pretty swift action...

Agreed that it was "lost time", and opportunity missed...

But at least he was eventually replaced (by most standards), pretty quickly...

Reactions: The-Hack
Kentucky's schedule ranked 67th nationally this year.

Since Stoops arrived, he is 9-38 vs SEC opponents not named Vandy/Mizzou/USCjr (who he gets to play every year.)

We schedule the absolute dregs of the universe for our non conference games.

A crash test dummy could win 5 games here.

You have to remember those three teams you just mentioned used to beat us on a regular basis. We are climbing the ladder and just because we are getting better; doesn’t mean the rest of the SEC is getting worse. We just make them look that way. We e have to be honest with ourselves, that we feel our guys have a chance to win every time they take the field. Stoops made that happen.

Basketball fans hate seeing any success the football program has. Be gone child.
This isn’t true. I’m a huge UK basketball fan …. and football fan and baseball fan and a big fan of ANY Kentucky team. There are some basketball fans that feel that way and that’s sad, but there are UK football fans that feel the same way about the basketball team. I’ve never understood this mentality.

Since Stoops arrived, he is 9-38 vs SEC opponents not named Vandy/Mizzou/USCjr (who he gets to play every year.)

Don't worry about what our coach is doing. You can keep your SatterThorpe, BendyBooty, Katiner, and Tyrade sh** show at your Loserville U.
Stoops is the man.

This isn’t true. I’m a huge UK basketball fan …. and football fan and baseball fan and a big fan of ANY Kentucky team. There are some basketball fans that feel that way and that’s sad, but there are UK football fans that feel the same way about the basketball team. I’ve never understood this mentality.
Perhaps it doesn't apply to you, but it sure does for that clown.

I have to wonder why it has been so hard to keep UK consistently bowl eligible throughout my life time. I mean, playing the 67th ranked schedule and all.

Reactions: BigTyrone
I can clear this up quickly for you to understand. I’m sure you know someone who has one really good friend and that’s it. They get jealous when their buddy does things with other people. You know that guy right?? Then there are people who have lots of friends and divide their time. It’s just a personality trait. Some people can only put their heart in one thing.

An easier road?

We just went 9-3 playing one of the worst schedules in the P5.

Depending on the source, he’s either the 12th or 13th highest paid coach in the country.

He gets an automatic extension on his contract simply for finishing above .500.

Tell me an easier gig than where he is right now?
Please go root for Loserville. You would fit right in with that mess. You’re opinion made me hit the ignore button automatically. I like to listen to opinions different than mine, but I don’t listen to ignorance.

The east is as bad as it’s ever been, Trublu. Mizzou played in the SEC title game twice after coming over from the big 12 and are trash now. Tennessee and Florida are as bad as they’ve been in the last 20 years. Yea, we took advantage to an extent but we are nowhere close to being in the convo with the top of the SEC, and it’s not going to get any better.

I’ve taken a lot of heat here for my posts but there is black and white data you can’t dismiss. 9-38 against good SEC teams is not anything to write home about. Are we better now than we have been? Yea. But the bar is really low.

Also nobody knows how to use zoom apparently because my avatar is those douchebag Card fans with crying Jordan faces.

Robert is smart. He knows a few things.

1) He will never be able to recruit enough talent at Kentucky to really compete for anything
2) He will get paid enough at Kentucky to make that a moot point
3) Just going 7-5 every year will keep him employed indefinitely at a ridiculous salary for said mediocre performance
4) He would be in so far over his skis at an actual contender that he should never consider going to one

I admire his wisdom in staying here. Unless Alabama or Georgia or OSU comes calling LMAO,) he should stay put. Not a better gig in the country.
What is this dam fool trolls problem ?

Reactions: jdgilbys5
I admittedly did not watch the video - was going by the headline. There is not a better gig in the country (outside of the jobs currently occupied by Saban, Smart, Dabo, and Day) than UK. Fanbase is extremely forgiving and has very low expectations. High pay compared to performance. Secondary to basketball. Stoops has it made. I wouldn't leave his spot either, but don't try to tell me it's because he doesn't have it easy.
If you're a coach who wants to win conference championships then literally every other school not in SEC is easier

Reactions: rupp876
What is this dam fool trolls problem ?
His loserville retards are so bad he has to come over here to talk crap to make himself feel better. But mostly I think he's hiding out in his grandma's basement and she hasn't been down there to give him his cookies and milk and change his diaper.
The last time I looked stoops recruiting class was ranked 13th and could possibly go down into the top 10 with only 17 recruits in this class. We have 3 and 4 star recuirts leaving because they can't get on the field. When we use to be lucky enough to have a couple of 4 stars on the field.
I have been watching uk for over 20 years. And we are better than we were and moving up. This will be the first time I can remember where we will probably go into next ranked.

I admittedly did not watch the video - was going by the headline. There is not a better gig in the country (outside of the jobs currently occupied by Saban, Smart, Dabo, and Day) than UK. Fanbase is extremely forgiving and has very low expectations. High pay compared to performance. Secondary to basketball. Stoops has it made. I wouldn't leave his spot either, but don't try to tell me it's because he doesn't have it easy.
Thanks for admitting that, you made it easy to put your stupid fat butt on ignore.

I remember sitting up on Saturday night, turning off the news so I wouldn't hear the score, and watching the replays of us getting beat. I'll take what we have now any day over that.

Reactions: rupp876
That is just a really stupid myth. It would be a very small number if any at all that this might apply to.
I will agree it’s not all, but on this site… majority of Cal nut huggers do not like seeing football success.

Secondary sport compared to football lol just the way it is. We are in 2nd week in december people are talking about football recruiting ,NFL and CFB bowl games and playoffs . College football will dominate TV coverage on for next 4 weeks . Then NFL will take over till SB in mid Feb really no room for much else . Mid Feb NCAA basketball will start to get some attention good thing because by then UK basketball fans may know the names of this years roster . Finally in march the focus will turn to college basketball and the tournament. In reality most UK fans probably know the rosters of NBA teams more than they do their own at this point . College Basketball has become secondary sport except for March Madness.
I don't know how anyone could deny this. Outside of the UNC, Duke, Kentucky, and Kansas programs, no one really gives a crap around the country until March. Why? The regular season is meaningless and the product is really bad.

College basketball would be better off starting their season closer to the New Year instead of playing games in November when no one cares.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT