ADVERTISEMENT

Fly Fishing/ Fishing in general Thread

Have been to Central City a few times, but anymore I just go to Beaver Dam. I got some good holes out there. I'm a wax worm/jig fisherman. All my buddies exclusively use crickets or crawlers but the waxies and jigs slay the panfish at a much higher rate IMO. We usually hit the Ken Lake area. Some fantastic fishing out there. You go to a pit with a lake/pond mindset you'll still catch them, but you gotta adjust for the much deeper water and steep banks. I absolutely love that area. I know it like the back of my hand.
We use to fish the Ken Lake area all the time when I was younger, that was our go to place for Bluegill. We fished the big lake back by the coal loading dock. Our best friend wad a dozer operator for Ken Mines, he would drop us off with our boat, then pick us up when he got off work at midnight. I haven't been back there in years. My best friend fishes the lake that is stocked with trout at Homestead I think it's called. If you ever decide to go to Arkansas I can give you the guides name, best on the river.

We use to fish the Ken Lake area all the time when I was younger, that was our go to place for Bluegill. We fished the big lake back by the coal loading dock. Our best friend wad a dozer operator for Ken Mines, he would drop us off with our boat, then pick us up when he got off work at midnight. I haven't been back there in years. My best friend fishes the lake that is stocked with trout at Homestead I think it's called. If you ever decide to go to Arkansas I can give you the guides name, best on the river.
I'd like to have fished all those pits when I was a kid but I wasn't into fishing then. Even years before that I heard stories if the size of some of the gills being pulled out of there. I believe the state record gill came out of a pit but I'm not sure where off the top of my head.

I'd like to have fished all those pits when I was a kid but I wasn't into fishing then. Even years before that I heard stories if the size of some of the gills being pulled out of there. I believe the state record gill came out of a pit but I'm not sure where off the top of my head.
4.19lbs caught in strip pit in Hopkins Co.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Some buddies of mine and I went fishing with him several times during the past 12 years or so - great guide and down to earth. We tore up some hybrids, channels, and stripers on the tail waters at Barkley/KY Lake dams. He worked hard and knew what he was doing.
Small world!
Just found out Jim Doom's birthday was yesterday. We may go out fishing with him again in late April. I'll fly into Nashville, rent a car. stay with cuz on Nolin Lake and then drive out to Lake Barkley early next morning. Depends on weather.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT