ADVERTISEMENT

Florida Not Making Our Win Look As Impressive

Using analytics every time in CFB has got to be the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. I can’t believe some of these coaches. They know better than anyone CFB is a game of momentum, numbers cannot account for that. This numbers game in sports will eventually be looked at sideways when all the chips fall. I believe people will laugh at this in 20 years across the board.

He’s literally telling his defense they’re going to get scored on the next play so he’s got to do things on offense to account for it. Look at the message that sends. It’s unreal what he’s doing, and it’s making him look like a jackass.
I just can’t imagine being down by 11 and some idiot staffer taps Napier on the shoulder and says the analytics say to go for two. That guy woulda got slapped if he came up to me with that…but hell Billy Boy said let’s go for two!

I just can’t imagine being down by 11 and some idiot staffer taps Napier on the shoulder and says the analytics say to go for two. That guy woulda got slapped if he came up to me with that…but hell Billy Boy said let’s go for two!

It’s even worse than that. He keeps this on his clipboard during games and goes straight by it. Total misunderstanding of probability and statistics during games of emotion and momentum.

11336630.png

• Haha
Reactions: SaltyCat22
Tennessee will give up just about as many points as they score. Their defense is pretty bad all over the place. They did a ton of holding in the secondary, some called some not. Hooker is their quarterback and running back. He’s tall, glides like a gazelle. I’ll give ‘em props on the offensive side of the ball. This will be a classic Stoops control the tempo game with a 65/35 run to pass. If our defense can contain Hooker, and that will be tough job, then we can win. I’d say Hooker is the leader for the Heisman at this point. Lot of football to be played though. Tennessee could be 5-2 by the time we play them. I’m hoping we are 7-0. Gonna be fun to watch

Napier made some pretty questionable call, in my opinion. Erase some dumbass calls (tecmo bowl stuff) and they play into overtime, minimum.
What is his team’s fourth down percentage? His two late fourth down plays against UK permitted the nail in the coffin. True, his defense was looking abused late in the game, but punt that first one and you may get the ball back close to mid-field with four minutes to go down 7.

It’s even worse than that. He keeps this on his clipboard during games and goes straight by it. Total misunderstanding of probability and statistics during games of emotion and momentum.

11336630.png
Oh my, I don’t want that dude anywhere near my team’s sidelines. That’s only the tip of the iceberg analytics wise. How are us hard-working bettors supposed to bet on college football with chumps like this.

Reactions: Gromcat
Florida has def been a good slingshot

UK beats them & vaults into top 10. Now Knoxville gets the same boost.

Florida will struggle with Richardson at qb. The guy is horrible as a passer. They just marched down the field running it to try and get the lead back and they let him pass it and he gets intercepted again. They might just squeak out a win if they keep running it and their defense gets more stops. Lets see if they can hold the lead and close this one out now. They aren't the only team to look poor though. A number of SEC teams have looked unimpressive early on as well.
Just keep winning every week and it'll be fine.

ADVERTISEMENT