ADVERTISEMENT

Florida fans thoughts on the game.

Hopefully a guy who was afraid to keep the nickname ar15 so he didn’t offend anyone will not be to much of a stud for this defense

I take it as an honor that Florida fans would care enough about this game to come here and trash talk. It shows how far we've come. For most of the last 30 years, UK was an automatic win to Gator fans. As for this weeks' game, I think we can keep it close and get it to the 4th with a chance to win. I think it will be similar to the Gators-Utah game, decided late.

It does show a change in perception. Have to make it stick this weekend

AR is still a young QB. I'd like to see us send Afari from backside at least 3-4 times on passing downs in this game. Could be fun...

Reactions: JasonRDunn
Keep telling yourself that.

Just don't see losing in the Swamp when KY is that undisciplined on the O line. That is your bread and butter in good years. To win I think KY would have to win in turnovers and return a kick for a TD probably. We will put a top DB on that receiver and I think your QB will have a long day with that undisciplined O line.

You have to play the game and see who wins but just think this will be a down year like 6-6 for KY after seeing that opening game. There looks to be some major issues.
Wow. It's why nobody likes UF in anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: rupp876
Florida fans have completely bought into Utah’s preseason ranking. Never mind they lost to two G5 teams (teams that couldn’t beat Fresno, UAB and Utah St) last year and haven’t beaten a non-PAC 12 Power 5 teams since about 2015. I have concerns about our offensive line, but there will be far more SEC caliber athletes playing for the team visiting the Swamp this week than there were last week.

Just don't see losing in the Swamp when KY is that undisciplined on the O line. That is your bread and butter in good years. To win I think KY would have to win in turnovers and return a kick for a TD probably. We will put a top DB on that receiver and I think your QB will have a long day with that undisciplined O line.
Which receiver? We're not a one trick pony there this year. Gone are the days of Wandale or bust.

I'm on the Gator Board quite a bit and Gator Fever is a good dude. His comments really weren't that bad.... I've seen much worse from other Gator fans, UT fans, etc.

Bottom line.... we have to win these kind of games to make our opponents respect us.
Yeah, I don't see a reason to call him names. We can disagree, and explain our viewpoints, thats what message boards are for, but no need to call him a name just because we think we're good, and he thinks we stink.

Florida beat Utah. And if you reverse one play. They lose.

Utah is no where close to the 7th best team in the country. Utah does not have the talent we have.

People are significantly over reacting to a nail biter. And gator fever must not have watched us play against Chattanooga last year. Our line looked Like crap. We beat them 2? weeks later

There's a big reason Florida is predicted to be bottom half of sec. Beating an overrated Utah team doesn't change that. Our best is better than Florida's best. Comes down to if it shows up.

Which receiver? We're not a one trick pony there this year. Gone are the days of Wandale or bust.

The VT transfer. I think Marshall can keep him mostly in check and don't see our DBs letting freshman WRs burn them too often. I also see Cox giving your QB a lot of pressure on passing plays.

The VT transfer. I think Marshall can keep him mostly in check and don't see our DBs letting freshman WRs burn them too often. I also see Cox giving your QB a lot of pressure on passing plays.
Our freshman are burners. Brown was the fastest player in all of college football last week. Dane Key drops nothing. Take Robinson away ya still gotta deal with Key and Brown, and if you can take all 3, we still have the TEs. This game all comes down to, can we keep Levis vertical, and can we make AR-15(I know he doesn't like the name, and I don't care) beat us with his arm instead of his legs. If the answer to both is YES, we win easily, if the answer to both is NO, we lose, and if either is a yes while the other is a no, its a barn burner at the end.

Our freshman are burners. Brown was the fastest player in all of college football last week. Dane Key drops nothing. Take Robinson away ya still gotta deal with Key and Brown, and if you can take all 3, we still have the TEs. This game all comes down to, can we keep Levis vertical, and can we make AR-15(I know he doesn't like the name, and I don't care) beat us with his arm instead of his legs. If the answer to both is YES, we win easily, if the answer to both is NO, we lose, and if either is a yes while the other is a no, its a barn burner at the end. One of Utah's TEs tore us up but it was basically a WR against a LB situation because of how Utah runs mostly heavy formations

I may be wrong but I think KY is a better matchup for our defense. They tore us up with a TE that was abusing the LB on routes. Also their QB just doesn't take sacks. Had the lowest sacks per game in all of power 5 conferences last season.

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
I have a feeling you will find out all about our WRs and TEs on Saturday.

This is a very different Cats team. You have to go back a long ways to find a QB/WR/TE group better than what we have now. There’s some raw talent/speed/hands that I don’t know we’ve ever seen here. We’re looking very SEC in that department for the first time in Stoops tenure…which should be scary for opponents seeing how good we’ve been without a real pass attack.

I have a feeling you will find out all about our WRs and TEs on Saturday.

This is a very different Cats team. You have to go back a long ways to find a QB/WR/TE group better than what we have now. There’s some raw talent/speed/hands that I don’t know we’ve ever seen here. We’re looking very SEC in that department for the first time in Stoops tenure…which should be scary for opponents seeing how good we’ve been without a real pass attack.
Again this game comes down to the QBs, can Levis stay vertical and can AR-15 win with his arm.

You have to play the game and see who wins but just think this will be a down year like 6-6 for KY after seeing that opening game. There looks to be some major issues.
You could be right but you could be totally wrong. There are questions but one thing this staff has done over the past 10 years is adjust to what the roster dictates. I've said since this summer is that 7-5 could be just as likely as 11-1. Neither record would surprise me as I think the margin of error/success in each game could be that close. We aren't there yet but we aren't Kentucky of old. We are good enough that any team we play could go home with an L given a break here or there but could easily lose any game other than the non conference and Vandy games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT