ADVERTISEMENT

Florida fans thoughts on the game.

Not that concerned about their offense. We have much improved secondary tackling vs last year; and we shut him down last year as he entered the Heisman talk.

I'm worried about our LT situation and the OL in general. If the OL and rbs step up; should be a really tight ballgame. If they don't.... could get ugly.

A lot of them on Twitter think it will be a blowout
Very well could be if we can't generate a run game.....50 yds rushing against UF is a recipe for Levis to be on his backside much of the game, as UF will pin their ears back and bring enormous pressure on Levis if we can't establish the run game.

That could make it ugly......not to mention the environment is going to be nasty hot/humid and LOUD

Very well could be if we can't generate a run game.....50 yds rushing against UF is a recipe for Levis to be on his backside much of the game, as UF will pin their ears back and bring enormous pressure on Levis if we can't establish the run game.

That could make it ugly......not to mention the environment is going to be nasty hot/humid and LOUD
Utah had a lot of success with the short passing game, and QB runs in between, Kentucky could have success with that, plus Kentucky has a better athletes than Utah, Robinson, brown, and key are better than any outside skill position Utah has

I don't want to read any Florida trash talk, I want to root for them against TN and do not need anything to change my mind. That said my opinion is

Both teams still have questionmarks, I think it will come down to one or 2 plays in the end.

Last edited:
Offense was totally vanilla first game. Wide receiver screens, screens to the backs and swing passes will limit time Levi's holds the ball against Gators. Brown and TRob could take any reception to the house.

In Miami game TE shifts and formations were very limited. Tight end use very limited. TEs were the key to our running game last year. Didn't see that used against Miami.

A lot was held back on O. Also pressure packages from D were kept under wraps. Believe D is for real and our DL and LB depth will keep fresh legs chasing Richardson.

I was mainly referencing Jackson. Running QBs are a nightmare for modt teams.

I'm not saying UK will lose, but not letting Richardson run all over the place will definitely be a good idea.
And if the field is wet, that means slow going, not much traction for him to juke our LBs or run past them.
I realize Gators like water but all 11 of our defensive players will be carrying gigs!

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
We got this

305648086_483336117165400_6452297173128415642_n.jpg

From what I have seen of AR-15 he should be called 18 wheeler. I havnt been impressed with his arm. His legs are a different matter. Not sure UF will win if y’all have to depend on him throwing the ball.

Florida beat Utah. And if you reverse one play. They lose.

Utah is no where close to the 7th best team in the country. Utah does not have the talent we have.

People are significantly over reacting to a nail biter. And gator fever must not have watched us play against Chattanooga last year. Our line looked Like crap. We beat them 2? weeks later

There's a big reason Florida is predicted to be bottom half of sec. Beating an overrated Utah team doesn't change that. Our best is better than Florida's best. Comes down to if it shows up.
My thoughts exactly. The narrative this week would be completely opposite if Utah completed that last pass. It also would’ve made UF a lot more dangerous and desperate IMO. UK also has to feel disrespected this week. UF is the media darling and hopefully they take the ‘rat poison’ as Saban refers to it.

From what I have seen of AR-15 he should be called 18 wheeler. I havnt been impressed with his arm. His legs are a different matter. Not sure UF will win if y’all have to depend on him throwing the ball.
Get him throwing a lot, and I like Aijian and Geiger to get some good work done at the fence.

We couldn't run it on Miami Ohio at home - will have to hit some deep ones in the air.
Deep balls get the glory but it’s the 3-10 yard quick hitters that moves the chains consistently.

Especially after watching out OLine get Levis smacked and hurried a dozen times…I want to see more 1-3 step drops w quick timing routes. Get the ball out of his hands and to our playmakers in open space.

Utah had a lot of success with the short passing game, and QB runs in between, Kentucky could have success with that, plus Kentucky has a better athletes than Utah, Robinson, brown, and key are better than any outside skill position Utah has
Utah O line looked much better than UK's

Reactions: BIGCAT4LIFE
My thoughts exactly. The narrative this week would be completely opposite if Utah completed that last pass. It also would’ve made UF a lot more dangerous and desperate IMO. UK also has to feel disrespected this week. UF is the media darling and hopefully they take the ‘rat poison’ as Saban refers to it.
'Ifs' don't matter

Reactions: Blouman
Looking around online, Florida fans are reaching Tennessee fan levels in terms of obnoxiousness and being overly confident. I really hope Kentucky beats them now, so they get humbled

You have to play the game and see who wins but just think this will be a down year like 6-6 for KY after seeing that opening game. There looks to be some major issues.
Y'all got shredded for 450 yards by an overrated Pac-12 team and won the game on a goalline interception that could've just as easily been the winning TD for Utah. Don't act like Florida doesn't have issues either.

A lot of people on twitter think the drinking water is turning the frogs gay
The agricultural herbicide Atrazine does actually induce feminization in frogs. Homosexuality? Eh. Yes, sorta, actually, if you can believe it, though that's incredibly reductive. High enough concentrations severely impact reproduction. Male frogs that are fully feminized can (and will) reproduce with other genetically male individuals. So... Do with that information what you will.

I got to meet Dr. Hayes, the person who headed the research at UC Berkeley, at a conference back in 2015. Cool dude. Gave a talk about the entire project. Awesome 30 minute summary. Hayes was told not to publish and basically told the company to go f--- themselves and did it anyway.

Atrazine is also incredibly detrimental to humans and is one of the most commonly found pollutants in Kentucky waters – particularly west of Louisville... Again, do with that what you will. 🤷🏽‍♂️

L_ATRAZINE_2019.png

The agricultural herbicide Atrazine does actually induce feminization in frogs. Homosexuality? Eh. Yes, sorta, actually, if you can believe it, though that's incredibly reductive. High enough concentrations severely impact reproduction. Male frogs that are fully feminized can (and will) reproduce with other genetically male individuals. So... Do with that information what you will.

I got to meet Dr. Hayes, the person who headed the research at UC Berkeley, at a conference back in 2015. Cool dude. Gave a talk about the entire project. Awesome 30 minute summary. Hayes was told not to publish and basically told the company to go f--- themselves and did it anyway.

Atrazine is also incredibly detrimental to humans and is one of the most commonly found pollutants in Kentucky waters – particularly west of Louisville... Again, do with that what you will. 🤷🏽‍♂️

L_ATRAZINE_2019.png
I was just being silly but this is a great post. Do you remember the effects on humans? Are the harmful effects similar to the effect on frogs?

Shows how much things have changed unser Stoops. UK was a gimme for UF for decades. No lo ger.

Richardson really is the key. QBs that run and throw are krytonite to UK. If the Cats cannot contain him, could be a long night.
I don’t think Utah had as good a defense as us and the thing with Richardson is he is vulnerable in the passing game if we can flush him out. If he has to win it with his feet I don’t see it because our linebacking corp will smash him at some point.

I was just being silly but this is a great post. Do you remember the effects on humans? Are the harmful effects similar to the effect on frogs?
I figured it was a silly retort but I'm a teacher and couldn't resist. 😂

Atrazine is an endocrine disruptor. It can cause birth defects, hormone imbalances, and very likely contributes significantly to several types of cancer including breast, uterine, and testicular in vertebrates (hmmm).

Generally, pretty toxic stuff. Hormones are not something to be f'd with. Big reason why we likely need either a revamped Clean Water Act and/or just a way to seriously address nonpoint source pollution.

Unfortunately, Atrazine leeches into the water table and is often found in high concentrations in wells near farmlands or in rivers and streams that we drink from near agriculture. Like pharmaceuticals, water treatment facilities don't really have a way to remove this pollution, so if it isn't broken down in the environment it gets to our faucets.

Activated carbon filters and/or reverse osmosis can remove or greatly reduce the chemical and other similar pesticides, but under-sink units tend to be expensive to install, maintain, and they often leak. Unfortunate, but it is what it is.

Also, it's important to recognize that this isn't the farmers' fault. The modern agricultural system essentially mandates the use of these chemicals to make a living.

As for the game, I think everything hinges on our defense vs AR. All else being equal, I think our offense can churn out points if the line has started to gel at all. Watching the replay with Styles, he's right that the offensive line wasn't as offensive as we first thought. Maybe the changes will help at LT. Gonna have to learn quick.

Reactions: Dddjdd
i think the pressure is on Napier to have a consistent showing.
We still don’t know how a Stoops team will act on the road, but this game could set the standard for the season.

I like our chances despite the line.

Reactions: HerrosHeroes
I don’t think Utah had as good a defense as us and the thing with Richardson is he is vulnerable in the passing game if we can flush him out. If he has to win it with his feet I don’t see it because our linebacking corp will smash him at some point.
My concern is UK'S pass rush wasn't much last game.

L_ATRAZINE_2019.png
Don’t come up in here with your fancy book learnin all smarty smart sciencey and what not.

Atrazine is an endocrine disruptor. It can cause birth defects, hormone imbalances, and very likely contributes significantly to several types of cancer including breast, uterine, and testicular in vertebrates (hmmm).

Generally, pretty toxic stuff. Hormones are not something to be f'd with. Big reason why we likely need either a revamped Clean Water Act and/or just a way to seriously address nonpoint source pollution.

Unfortunately, Atrazine leeches into the water table and is often found in high concentrations in wells near farmlands or in rivers and streams that we drink from near agriculture. Like pharmaceuticals, water treatment facilities don't really have a way to remove this pollution, so if it isn't broken down in the environment it gets to our faucets.

Activated carbon filters and/or reverse osmosis can remove or greatly reduce the chemical and other similar pesticides, but under-sink units tend to be expensive to install, maintain, and they often leak. Unfortunate, but it is what it is.

Also, it's important to recognize that this isn't the farmers' fault. The modern agricultural system essentially mandates the use of these chemicals to make a living.

As for the game, I think everything hinges on our defense vs AR. All else being equal, I think our offense can churn out points if the line has started to gel at all. Watching the replay with Styles, he's right that the offensive line wasn't as offensive as we first thought. Maybe the changes will help at LT. Gonna have to learn quick.
Definitely the most informed post on this board in a long time

I remember mixing Atrazine for use on my grandfather’s farm while planting crops when I was a kid.

Reactions: JPFisher
You have to play the game and see who wins but just think this will be a down year like 6-6 for KY after seeing that opening game. There looks to be some major issues.
Opening games are almost never a good barometer for evaluating teams real identity and that's with any team any season. Just silly to fall for that and that goes our folks too.

Reactions: JASUN74
Florida was horrific is covering mid level routes with their LB's. With Rich Scan's offensive philosophy background he will hammer that option. I would bet we see some heavy run game packages we have not seen yet as well.
I'm counting on the fact that our OC knows how to take advantage and exploit space in the flats and and underneath to make the LB's cover. Would really like to see Drennen get involved in this offense.

I did not know they had such a large French community?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT