ADVERTISEMENT

First week of March, 2014...

MdWIldcat55

All-American
Dec 9, 2007
...the Cats lost pretty badly to an absolutely horrible South Carolina team playing out the season, then a week later were blown out by 20 points at Florida.

It turned out to be meaningless -- or maybe it was useful fodder for Cal to convince a bunch of players to get it together before it was too late. Who knows.

No predictions. Just noting that you can't read too much into a loss.

...the Cats lost pretty badly to an absolutely horrible South Carolina team playing out the season, then were blown out by 20 points at Florida.

It turned out to be meaningless -- or maybe it was useful fodder for Cal to convince a bunch of players to get it together before it was too late. Who knows.

No predictions. Just noting that you can't read too much into a loss.
All true, but that team had a lot more talent. This current team has such a small margin for error. We have to have everyone clicking on all cylinders to make a deep run. I’m going to wait and see how we respond on Saturday before making any judgements, but the way we got best is worrisome.

A lot more talent? Well, Julius Randle was the biggest talent on either team, for sure . But the case could be made that, both groups playing well, this year's team has more talent at the other four spots - Hagans, Maxey, Quickley, Richards - Harrison, Harrison, Young, Johnson.

Anyway, just offering another way to look at things. We'll all see how it plays out.
We’ll have to just disagree on that one. That team was loaded. It just took them awhile to get it together.

All true, but that team had a lot more talent. This current team has such a small margin for error. We have to have everyone clicking on all cylinders to make a deep run. I’m going to wait and see how we respond on Saturday before making any judgements, but the way we got best is worrisome.

The 2014 team had more talent. I wouldn't say a lot more talent, but definitely more.

With that being said, college basketball as a whole had a lot more talent in 2014. This year is wide-open.

Reactions: jgraf_1
The 2014 team had more talent. I wouldn't say a lot more talent, but definitely more.

With that being said, college basketball as a whole had a lot more talent in 2014. This year is wide-open.
Again, we’ll just have to disagree. That team was loaded. It was slow to develop though. Randall, Willie, Dakari, Lee, the twins, Young, Poytress, Etc. That doesn’t even include Hawkins and Willis. That team had much more depth and higher end talent.

Seems like Julius might have been able to get a basket or two down the stretch last night.

This team has NO ONE who can get a basket when one is absolutely needed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT