ADVERTISEMENT

First AP poll starts UK at #16

The writers and fans are saying - "Prove It!" Glad they are not going on tradition, as UK has been a letdown the last few seasons under Calipari, especially in the NCAA. Time to win and earn back respect and it starts in November. GBB!

I just want a healthy team going into the tournaments. If we are healthy and lose, it happens but teams don’t want us in their bracket.
I'm not so sure your last statement rings true anymore, even for talented Calipari teams. Cal's system is fairly predictable. Games in the high 50s, low 60s, and stall ball in the last 8 minutes of the game. Any team that can score late in the shot clock has a shot against Calipari-coached teams.

I find the whole thing pretty strange, we started out with four of the top ten recruits in the rankings, another legacy recruit that was a five star and that a lot of our fans seem to think more highly of than some of our top ten talent, and then returned one of the top three point shooters in America that everyone thought was gone. Then when a lot of fans thought that wasn't nearly enough, Cal added a couple of the best transfers available AND a couple of depth pieces. Then we added what could be the most talented seven foot two player seen in a while (amazing he is even considered for a college roster considering his age) although the academic icons at UK seemed to try their best to not let him in to our MIT of the south.

I am just a long time UK fan, and have never been paid millions to coach a game like most of our posters seem to have done, so I really do find some of the posts on here rather strange.
I know, I know, Cal is our coach.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure your last statement rings true anymore, even for talented Calipari teams. Cal's system is fairly predictable. Games in the high 50s, low 60s, and stall ball in the last 8 minutes of the game. Any team that can score late in the shot clock has a shot against Calipari-coached teams.
With how many guards injured? 2? 3? I don’t think we know what they average with a healthy team.

Reactions: Fox2monk
With how many guards injured? 2? 3? I don’t think we know what they average with a healthy team.
We’ve had juggernaut teams and have had those types of scores in the tournament. Simply because Cal allows the opposition to dictate the tempo. He’s literally always done that, since arriving at UK.

We’ve had juggernaut teams and have had those types of scores in the tournament. Simply because Cal allows the opposition to dictate the tempo. He’s literally always done that, since arriving at UK.
You think both teams can’t dictate tempo? You play the percentages. Paramount is defense. Well unless you like scoring in the 90’s and losing. This is NOT the NBA. You play defense or die. In the majority of our losses we scored enough to win. We simply did not defend.

The Champions Classic has for the most part been a nightmare for UK in recent years. This year really needs to be different. I remember year UK went to Bahamas and looked great,fan base was jacked, then Duke ran us out of the gym. Fan base never recovered that year even though we ended up with a pretty good team. If that happens this year against KU the negativity and pressure on this team and Cal will be INTENSE

Perfect storm this year.

This team has those missing pieces Cal likes and is comfortable coaching.

Thanks DraftKings, I’ll gladly take UK to win it at those odds!

I’d love to get back to winning in the Champions Classic, that was fun when we used to do that.
Heard that! Would also love to get back into some early season tournaments again. I know we talk about that a lot, but it’s true. I’d imagine 95% of the fanbase would agree, maybe more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT