ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Barnhart

Don’t hate him as a person but want him gone yesterday. Every single thing he does is worse than the last. And I’m losing patience with people who keep telling me he’s God’s gift to sports just because baseball is strong and football and basketball haven’t had major scandals even though cheerleading has.

Reactions: Fox2monk and jrc333
Before we even KNOW who our next coach will be???!!!!!

Heck, I have questioned NUMEROUS things Mitch has done lately, but until we ACTUALLY hire the next coach, I'm going to hold off on calling for his head.

And even if we end up with Drew, how does ANYONE know how good he will be here??? He could be BETTER than Cal!!! I'm just ELATED that Mitch got rid of Cal and saved UK $33 miilion even though it was Mitch that gave Cal that RIDICULOUS buyout.

And also, whoever gets hired will be attached at the hip to Mitch from that day forward and if that coach FAILS, Mitch will be FIRED along with him within 3 years. I really don't think that will be what happens though with Scott Drew. He is a GREAT coach!!!

When you look at Mitch Barnhart it’s easy to tell he’s got low testosterone

I am not trying to offend anyone, but anyone that says Mitch is not a good AD, simply doesn't understand college sports. Not even getting into if you like or dislike Cal, I am thinking big picture here and the truth is, he is one of the most respected GMs in college sports, he has raised the level of athletics for all areas since he has been here, which is his job. UK is bigger than Basketball (contrary to what a lot of our fans think) or any one sport. I'm not saying I have always agreed with decisions he has made, but he is an excellent AD. The world of college athletics is changing, and yes coaches and ADs must adapt, but so should fans. I like Cal, but the last 5 years are his fault, not Mitch's and Cal should have been sent packing long before now, it was time. He has even said so himself. There is an excellent article in the athletic (if you subscribe) and Cal states he should have taken the UCLA job, that was the time to make the change but he didn't. This will be best for all parties. UK was fine before Cal, we will be fine after Cal and Mitch for that matter. The sky is not falling

Hey, Drew wasn't my first choice but if he is announced, I'm going to be excited about having a new coach and see positives in it.

I said the other day, with him as coach, we're going to see continuity in our program year over year, we're going to celebrate Senior night again, and my hope is we aren't mercenary University anymore. There is going to be a fan connection to the program that won't just be tuning in to March (and be disappointed).

The Kentucky we all loved could very well be back.

I am not trying to offend anyone, but anyone that says Mitch is not a good AD, simply doesn't understand college sports. Not even getting into if you like or dislike Cal, I am thinking big picture here and the truth is, he is one of the most respected GMs in college sports, he has raised the level of athletics for all areas since he has been here, which is his job. UK is bigger than Basketball (contrary to what a lot of our fans think) or any one sport. I'm not saying I have always agreed with decisions he has made, but he is an excellent AD. The world of college athletics is changing, and yes coaches and ADs must adapt, but so should fans. I like Cal, but the last 5 years are his fault, not Mitch's and Cal should have been sent packing long before now, it was time. He has even said so himself. There is an excellent article in the athletic (if you subscribe) and Cal states he should have taken the UCLA job, that was the time to make the change but he didn't. This will be best for all parties. UK was fine before Cal, we will be fine after Cal and Mitch for that matter. The sky is not falling

Yes! They've demonstrated they can pay players however they see fit and get away with it in the past. The press would've LOVED him had he taken that job. Now they only love him a little bit because he has knocked us down several notches.

Reactions: KYWC36
I will give most a chance. The only one I will not would be Rick P. Everyone else has my support.

Danny Hurley is/was my #1 Billy the Kid my #2. If those do not work out then Drew was in my 2nd tier actually a little above Tier 2. I would say he was behind Billy by a bit.

If it is Drew then lets get him here to get his team and get them ready for 2024 /25. Hopefully in a year or three we will be back in the Maui and other events. Hopefully we will have some better home and home games. Things like that.

Hey, Drew wasn't my first choice but if he is announced, I'm going to be excited about having a new coach and see positives in it.

I said the other day, with him as coach, we're going to see continuity in our program year over year, we're going to celebrate Senior night again, and my hope is we aren't mercenary University anymore. There is going to be a fan connection to the program that won't just be tuning in to March (and be disappointed).

The Kentucky we all loved could very well be back.
If you’re looking to not be disappointed in March, you might want to keep the coaching search open.

Yes! They've demonstrated they can pay players however they see fit and get away with it in the past. The press would've LOVED him had he taken that job. Now they only love him a little bit because he has knocked us down several notches.
Yeah, I think another issue I have with a lot of our fans is that I don't think we are near as high as some think. Cal won a lot of games at UK, but the reality is, he hasn't really won any that mattered in 10 years

Reactions: KFuqua
Yeah, I think another issue I have with a lot of our fans is that I don't think we are near as high as some think. Cal won a lot of games at UK, but the reality is, he hasn't really won any that mattered in 10 years
And we’ll continue to tank with bad hires. On our path to Indiana

• Haha
Reactions: KFuqua
A few weeks ago: We were going to have to give Calipari 33 million to leave.

Today: We got a bag of chicken nuggets and Arkansas gear in exchange for him.

Mitch is playing chess, not checkers.
I'm curious what game Mitch was playing when he gave out the contract that was the very reason we were looking at having to pay Calipari 33 million to leave.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT