ADVERTISEMENT

Finally! Amazon Prime series cast Jack Reacher correctly

gamecockcat

All-SEC
Oct 29, 2004
Just watched the trailer. The actor playing Reacher is a HUGE guy just like Reacher was in the books. Not 5'-5", 155 lbs of Tom Cruise in the movies. Trailer looks good and it appears that Lee Child was quite involved in the production. Looking forward to watching it since I think, by now, I've read every Reacher book by LC and several of the books co-written by Child or about Reacher. Love the character.

'You're going to kill a lot of people, aren't you?'
'Already started.'

LOVE IT!

Just watched the trailer. The actor playing Reacher is a HUGE guy just like Reacher was in the books. Not 5'-5", 155 lbs of Tom Cruise in the movies. Trailer looks good and it appears that Lee Child was quite involved in the production. Looking forward to watching it since I think, by now, I've read every Reacher book by LC and several of the books co-written by Child or about Reacher. Love the character.

'You're going to kill a lot of people, aren't you?'
'Already started.'

LOVE IT!
Congrats, man. I'm really happy for you.

Hopefully it's better than the jack Ryan series. I think that series is fine, it's just not great. Can't even figure out exactly what it's missing.

The issue I have with the Jack Ryan series is that they turned him into a a special forces soldier type. Throughout Clancy’s series, Ryan was much more of a CIA egghead rather than a seasoned operator.

Hopefully it's better than the jack Ryan series. I think that series is fine, it's just not great. Can't even figure out exactly what it's missing.
The issue I have with the Jack Ryan series is that they turned him into a a special forces soldier type. Throughout Clancy’s series, Ryan was much more of a CIA egghead rather than a seasoned operator.
I never read the books but enjoy the series. But portraying Venezuela as a failed right-wing state irritated TF out of me

Glad to hear it. Most of the Amazon shows feel like fancy CW products. On the verge of decent but in the end just not that great.

Reactions: BigTimeBecks3500
When is the next season of the Boys supposed to drop? I wanna see Homelander blow that load all over NYC.

Alan Ritchson is a badass. He will be great for this role. Saw him for the first time a few years back in a show that was extremely entertaining but only lasted one season called Blood Drive. Check it out.

Reactions: gamecockcat
When is the next season of the Boys supposed to drop? I wanna see Homelander blow that load all over NYC.
I kinda like that show. I have watched both seasons so far. My only issue is that there is not a single good person anywhere to be found in that entire show. Everyone in it is just terrible. It's entertaining, but there's no one to root for. LOL

Reactions: BigTimeBecks3500
The first one was great.... 2nd one was meh.
Funny... I watched the second one again just last night. Much better than I remember. I think the first one was so good it was hard to follow up. Too bad there's no more movies.

I also watched on my 4KAppleTV and for first time used my new Air Pods Pro.... the sound was absolutely amazing!

Last edited:
Reactions: KINGBEAST
Y'all got to pick it up I've already watched the series...twice. and read all the books but the last one. And it's on my nightstand.

Just finished it last night.

High body count, smattering of humor, a surprising plot twist, and some titties.

Recommended

Reactions: treyforuk
Finished yesterday also. Kept me hooked & wanting more. The Vz angle was off but tolerable. Could have seen more of Willa Fitzgerald more often - if you know what I mean.

Watched the first two and liked it a lot. I'm sure Prime is going to do more books. Thunk I've read all the books, might have missed one along the way. Like the actor playing Reacher. Much more believable than TC.

The Last Movie Outpost just gave it a very positive review:

Amazon's Reacher reviewed

It is simple, it is straightforward, and it is a better show for it. The makers of this understand what makes the books work and are clearly trying to distill this into the adaption.

All eight episodes are available now on Amazon Prime and you will be hitting the “Next Episode” button like I was.

Watched the first two and liked it a lot. I'm sure Prime is going to do more books. Thunk I've read all the books, might have missed one along the way. Like the actor playing Reacher. Much more believable than TC.
The actor played Hawk in the Titans series on HBO Max. This character is much better.

Reactions: PhDcat2018
The scene with Lee Child stood out. My wife said, “I bet that is the author doing a Stan Lee sort of thing.” She was right.

Reactions: Rockford
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT