ADVERTISEMENT

Final UofL 5 Kent State 0.....

CloverforkCat

Junior
Jun 3, 2013
Cats vs Golden Flashes tomorrow at 1:00 pm in Patterson Stadium. Doubt if it will go 21 innings, at least I hope not.

Don't see us winning 4 in a row. It was an okay season. I think we went .500 in SEC play. Our pitching was downright atrocious this year. Oh well. I'm used to it with the baseball team.

You know... we have a ton of pitchers on this team that are capable of starting. The saddest part is that only Reed is one that you can actually trust to always come out and have a good outing. Cody, Shepherd, Brown, Nelson, Combs, and Dwyer are all inconsistent. Not sure what the problem is that makes them like that, but it is very frustrating. Even worse is that next year we will not have a single guy that we will be able to trust as a big time ace pitcher. Plus we'll lose Reed at the plate, which will significantly effect our batting averages.

Originally posted by Comebakatz3:
You know... we have a ton of pitchers on this team that are capable of starting. The saddest part is that only Reed is one that you can actually trust to always come out and have a good outing. Cody, Shepherd, Brown, Nelson, Combs, and Dwyer are all inconsistent. Not sure what the problem is that makes them like that, but it is very frustrating. Even worse is that next year we will not have a single guy that we will be able to trust as a big time ace pitcher. Plus we'll lose Reed at the plate, which will significantly effect our batting averages.
CB3...You seem to follow this closely , so do you think that Reed , Reida and Thomas are the only players we lose or do you think AC and a couple of others may try to go in the draft regardless of where they are selected...

Not comeback, but we could very well lose Cousy, and Max Kuhn, along with A J, Reida, and Thomas. We will still have some solid hitters, but as was mentioned in earlier post, our pitching will be very average at best.

Originally posted by sluggercatfan:
Originally posted by Comebakatz3:
CB3...You seem to follow this closely , so do you think that Reed , Reida and Thomas are the only players we lose or do you think AC and a couple of others may try to go in the draft regardless of where they are selected...
Well obviously, the three you listed are gone. Hell, Reed during the UT series was asked by a UT fan if he was going pro and he shook his head yes. In terms of Austin... he is gone. He is a very confident player and I don't think he has much of anything else to prove to go pro. He gains nothing with a return. Kuhn... if he is smart then he leaves. I really doubt that he gets any better in terms of his batting average. He has benefited from hitting in front of Reed all year and has an outstanding batting average. So, I think that he has to try his hand at going pro because I don't think he will get much better statistically.

I don't think that any pitchers (Nelson/Shepherd) will be gone. They just don't seem like they did enough to impress. At least not to me.

With that being said, there are always surprises every single year. There have been many times when I don't think that a player has done enough to go to the league and yet they get drafted pretty late and decide to go anyway. We'll see how it plays out, but I really think we'll be at a disadvantage next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT