ADVERTISEMENT

Film Overview SC/UK

TTU/UK fan

Senior
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2011
The Film Guy Network went over some offensive film from the game. Really goes in depth. Its a Georgia guy, but very fair analysis.

Notes:
-Called the OL donkeys, said Cox had some good moments. Gave them some praise on some run plays, particularly Cox. By the end of the video though he pointed out it was DSK working on his own basically.
-Pointed out that a lot of our run success was some bad LB play by SC(in the run game only), which leads me to think the run game won't work as well vs UGA. UGA LBs aren't going to give you these kind of gaps. And it's a different defense that will have more guys on the line.
-Bush tried some trick-ish plays, SC played them well. Also a couple plays that were there but Brock hesitated and didn't trust himself.
-Quesitioning out offensive analysts and OC for not seeing some obvious stuff. "It's just bad"
-Praised Brock on the Key long ball. Showed how DSK saved that play with a block on the big DT who was about to blow it up after dominating our guard (I think Burton)
-Stewart blows up a play and gets to Brock even with the RB, TE, and OT trying to slow him down.
-Another Burton whiff, Cox helps to try and plug the lone DT in the middle, then as he is moving to the next man to block, the DT goes right by Jager and blows things up for a TFL.
-"No real variety on offense", points out how SC(particularly individual players) was ready for multiple plays because they saw them so much.
-The failed 4th and 1 may have been one of the most pathetic things I have ever seen by a Kentucky offensive line in my life. SC wasn't even completely ready, Kentucky had an advantage in the middle and yet moved nobody. Got dominated. That play had no business failing, probably should have handed it off rather than sneaked it, however.
-"I don't think they have a creative pass attack"
-Thinks Kentucky will probably try to run it and lose 28-10 rather than try to win. Says there's no real passing attack anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.