ADVERTISEMENT

FBI arrests several NCAA basketball coaches

6084314bf18212715fdcc3c5c43e40e8--michael-jackson-michael-okeefe.jpg

I mean, you have to think at this point the Louisville basketball program is screwed for the foreseeable future, right? Assuming this is them and true. They're going to lose their 13 title and any chance to compete for another one for a decade.

With Gatto being involved, I can't imagine how the school which has seen literally everyone if their NBA guys sign with Adidas aren't affected.

Of course the illegal part I guess is the money changing hands with the assistants - not sure how common that is, but the influence peddling by shoe companies and agents happens everywhere. Remember Reddish's lunch with Lebron James and his agent?

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Unfortunately sports media outlets are more concerned with Trump tweets and gushing over protesting athletes.

This is one of the biggest sports stories/scandals in some time and all I'm hearing throughout the sports news industry is "Donald trump...weh weh weh...america sucks...weh weh weh...we're such a desperate undeveloped and oppressed third world country...poor us..."

However, should UK/Cal be named I'm sure everyone will drop what their doing and break live from the Joe Craft Center...

No kidding. If there is any concrete evidence that a coach actually authorized the payment (obviously someone did, but I mean if there is hard evidence), then this could seriously bring down the basketball program for some time given what has happened of late.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT