ADVERTISEMENT

Fayette County Schools back in news…

Judging by the # of people out yesterday, you would have thought everything was fine. No one had a problem getting to Target and Starbucks, and then FCPS told us different....hilarious.

The entire culture has changed. Kids/parents/school officials/etc....SOFT.

I am sure most of us got to school in much worse conditions, so the arguments against having school are pointless, especially in a city like Lex.

Agree seeing one snow plow would be great..don’t think they exist anymore. At same time I think kids could walk .5 miles to the main street in their neighborhood that is clear. The ones that care would find a way to get there. The ones that don’t care wouldn’t, just like a normal day without snowy roads. According to FCPS own message, 80% of roads are clear. So we are going to keep 80% of kids at home for those 20% where the “roads aren’t safe”…soft! Anyone starting to see how FCPS will continue to make the news..and not in a good way?

Half a mile is a good distance for little ones especially any with mobility issues. Then who knows how long they might have to wait because the pickups aren't exactly a well oiled machine. Add in the fact income or responsible parenting can't count on kids being properly dressed. So really your solution trades a real problem for a more serious one.

I agree it's a failure of local government. Just a different branch or branches.

Why do school districts believe it’s better to have ALL students out if a few can’t make it to school? I’ll never understand that.

Reactions: cole854
Why do school districts believe it’s better to have ALL students out if a few can’t make it to school? I’ll never understand that.

It didn't use to be this way. There were plan B schedules, 2 hr delays, alternative routes, etc...especially here in Fayette.

Entirely new culture. Probably the same folks making these decisions that stayed in their basement during covid wearing 10 masks and a tin foil hat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT