ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite Moments Of Games You Attended?

KyCatFan

All-American
May 7, 2002
I graduated high school in 91 and up until that time, I didn't really follow football. I grew up in a basketball only household (UL fans :(). I started following UK football while I was in the Air Force while living in Omaha, NE. You have to follow football out there. I was only able to watch a handful of games back then with much less tv station options compared to today.

I think my first UK football game I attended was against IU when there was that thunderstorm that delayed the game. Might have been that 3-0 game. [sick] I guess that was a memorable moment in a bad way. I did get to follow that one up with seeing a record setting moment when Yeast set the all time receiving record in the SEC in my next visit to Lexington. A fellow poster from the old AOL board hooked me up with front row seats behind the Vandy bench for like $40 for two (Can't even get 1 for that price now). I also got to sit up pretty close to see one of our annual beat downs by Florida back in 99 I believe.

While the Yeast record setting moment was great, I think my favorite moment though was the whole USC game 3 years ago. I was all the way up top in the corner for that one, but I am not going to complain for the $25 ticket I got. It was a loud and exciting environment and the best atmosphere of any of the handful of games I have attended. I wish I could have went to more games over the years, but finances, work schedule, and family always seemed to keep that from happening. Maybe when the kids are out of the house in hopefully the next 8 years, I will be able to make more trips to Lexington.
8cba48886514a514473dde3a228eeb61.png

I graduated high school in 91 and up until that time, I didn't really follow football. I grew up in a basketball only household (UL fans :(). I started following UK football while I was in the Air Force while living in Omaha, NE. You have to follow football out there. I was only able to watch a handful of games back then with much less tv station options compared to today.

I think my first UK football game I attended was against IU when there was that thunderstorm that delayed the game. Might have been that 3-0 game. [sick] I guess that was a memorable moment in a bad way. I did get to follow that one up with seeing a record setting moment when Yeast set the all time receiving record in the SEC in my next visit to Lexington. A fellow poster from the old AOL board hooked me up with front row seats behind the Vandy bench for like $40 for two (Can't even get 1 for that price now). I also got to sit up pretty close to see one of our annual beat downs by Florida back in 99 I believe.

While the Yeast record setting moment was great, I think my favorite moment though was the whole USC game 3 years ago. I was all the way up top in the corner for that one, but I am not going to complain for the $25 ticket I got. It was a loud and exciting environment and the best atmosphere of any of the handful of games I have attended. I wish I could have went to more games over the years, but finances, work schedule, and family always seemed to keep that from happening. Maybe when the kids are out of the house in hopefully the next 8 years, I will be able to make more trips to Lexington.
8cba48886514a514473dde3a228eeb61.png
Upset of number 1 LSU. The "we believe" chant and then rushing the field are two memories I won't forget.

Was there for UofL and LSU in 2007.

Worst memories- was also there for LSU(2001). Arkansas(7 OTs), UF (JLo spinning in circles and throwing that crucial pick in a game we should have won)

Was there for UofL and LSU in 2007.

Worst memories- was also there for LSU(2001). Arkansas(7 OTs), UF (JLo spinning in circles and throwing that crucial pick in a game we should have won)
Gosh I feel you on all those! Looking back at it the one that makes me the most mad is the JLO spin int. Who was the cornerback from Florida that picked it? He was a stud

I meant Braxton... Why the hell did I put Derrick...

Gosh I feel you on all those! Looking back at it the one that makes me the most mad is the JLO spin int. Who was the cornerback from Florida that picked it? He was a stud
Johnny Lamar returned it to the 1 or 2 yard line.

It was 2nd and 7 on the 35ish. You take the sack, melt the clock and try to convert a 3rd and 11.

What makes it an even bigger "Ky moment" was JLo threw a pick a series or 2 before as well. And then we drove down and missed a Fg to tie it in the final seconds.

UK at AR 2002. Nutt told his players what ever you do do not kick that ball to Derick Abney. I watch as they kicked it right to him and nutt was on the sidlines with his hands on his head screaming

LSU 2007 for me.

There was this very short elderly man standing next to me...it was standing room only for a good portion of that game. Such an electric crowd, easily the best I've experienced at Commonwealth. The guy is tucking on my shirt the entire game during big moments asking what happened? What happened???

Finally, at the end of the game after the final tackle, that old guy was jumping up and down higher than anybody else in the crowd. <---Relatively speaking of course. It was just awesome to experience that with him.

Been a season txs holder since 1976. Wish I had 150 great moments but unfortunately don't. Loved all the above. My best and worse moment was after Coach Claiborne's last game at Commonwealth. We lost and as I headed down the end zone steps a UT fan jumped in my face and yelled Claiborne sucks. Admired JerryC and he was truly a good good man. I punched this clown and he went over the rail onto the field. So drunk the police grabbed him and he was cussing me as they cuffed him. I admittedly had had a couple as well. My wife chewed me the whole way back to the car as one of my young sons was with us. Bad role model stuff and immature.

UL at U.K. Stevie Johnson TD to win the game. Stevie was running toward the end zone in which we were seated - but not after that catch.

Reactions: Taiza
I would like to add the "Magoo Leap" of 1989 when Joey Couch and Donnie Gardiner stopped IU at the one to win the game. Can anyone please explain that reference? It has been bothering me for 27 years. Thanks.

Gutsy run by Billy Jack Haskins ended in td. Did so with injured shoulder. Only bad was U.K. loss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT