ADVERTISEMENT

Fargo season 3 starts 4/19

Loved both S1 and S2, liked S1 a bit better than S2, but both great. S1 had a bit more mystery to it.

Only downside is Ewan Macgregor playing not one but two! roles.

Not a fan of that little fop, but maybe this will change my mind.

Never got around to seeing Fargo Season 2. I imagine it's on Prime or Netflix. Really need to catch up on it.

Going through The Wire now, And patiently awaiting Silicon Valley and Rick and Morty season premiers.

Each season is stand-alone plot and not related to the others.

A major character from Season 1 (set around 2005, IIRC) is the protagonist in Season 2, which occurs in the 1970s. Although that enhances the whole thing and ties it together, you don't have to have seen one to see the other, by any means.

One of my favorite shows out. Loved season 1 (billy bob was fantastic imo), 2 was pretty damn good too.

Well, I'm already hooked on Season 3. Made the comment above that I'm not a huge Ewan McGregor fan, but he's very fun to watch and loses himself in the characters. Already changing my opinion. Also the actress who plays Nikki - she just steals scenes.

There's just something about that area of the country and the way they talk and act that provides constant entertainment; Hawley has done a great job tapping into that. I love the attention to detail, and the understated comedy. Umm, Ray - the GUN!

In 3 seasons, Emmit and his lawyer are the closest thing we've seen to the original father-and-law and his right hand man from the movie. They even use a lot of the same phrases.

Just fantastic television. I find myself rewinding and rewatching scenes, just because they're so well-done.

About as enjoyable as the episodes are the attendant podcasts breaking it down, filling you in on all the little references, associations, theories, etc.
Re: McGregor's casting. Who would have thought Danson would have killed it last season?
Love Fargo.

I thought it started slow but by the end I was hooked again. Will the opening scene be explained later?

It was said that Ennis Stussy, aka Thaddeus Mobley, moved to Minn. in '80. Season 2 took place in '79. Considering his Sci-fi background/obsession -- the Hugo award, hidden Sci-fi books written by him in a former life, the VHS tape he was watching that looked like the scene from the hotel in season 2 --
wonder if his storyline is somehow connected to the massacre at the hotel and the UFO seen that night?

Made an interesting discovery after watching episode 3. The woman that played the waitress, Vivian Lord, looked sooo familiar and I had to look her up. Her name is Frances Fisher, and I remembered her from the movie "Unforgiven". She played Strawberry Alice.

So, for a five year period, including during the filming of Unforgiven, her and Clint Eastwood were together. And they had a kid, Francesca Eastwood. Francesca Eastwood played the young, coked-up, aspiring actress version of Vivian Lord in the flashback scenes during last night's episode. Cool bit of casting to get mom and daughter together to play those parts.

Last night was a bizarre episode. I could have done without the filler stuff where she recited the sci-fi books with the animation. Way too out there, but maybe it will connect up later.

That was probably the worst / most uneventful episode of the 3 seasons of Fargo. But still, that's OK. I love the show. That just speaks to how great the first 22 episodes have all been.

Good call on Frances Fisher, I knew she looked familiar.

So did the toilet seat say "Dennis Stussy and Sons"? Looked like there was a "D" that was mostly faded off. Which, of course, makes it even quirkier, and more amusing.

This season is amazing. Pretty cool to see how so many characters' stupid decisions impact everyone else and just make things worse.

I hate to say It, because I love the show, but the beating of Mary Elizabeth Winstead started out cool and very Fargo-esque but ended up lame as hell. Her face was, literally, unscathed. I understand they want to keep her character on the show, but the sound of that beating was the sound of someone being beaten to death. Having her walk away like that was lame as hell. Still love the show... but those guys never would've left her alive.

At the time, I was also surprised that she lived - but what last night's episode made apparent was they wanted her injuries to stay hidden; otherwise yes, they probably would have bashed in her skull.

For whatever reason, they obviously didn't want to kill her.

Pretty decent episode. I'm just not sure why Vargas is so intent on getting Nicki.

I liked the homage to the scene from Fargo (the movie) when the couple drives by the carnage.

Did the super natural guy do anything for/to the police chief lady when she was out in LA? Too lazy to go back and look.

Never got around to seeing Fargo Season 2. I imagine it's on Prime or Netflix. Really need to catch up on it.

Going through The Wire now, And patiently awaiting Silicon Valley and Rick and Morty season premiers.

First time watching the Wire? If so, I'm so jealous. I wish I was watching the Wire for the first time again. Its so badass man.

and Yes, cannot wait for Rick and Morty Season 3 but you know the first episode was released on April Fool's day, right?

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I'm about midway through the final season of the Wire.. an event happened that I'm still coming to terms with and haven't finished the show yet. I think you know what I'm talking about. :oops:

Ha, I watched that S3E1 episode like 10 times now. Sometimes you have to watch R&M a few times just to catch everything.

Reactions: floatingyou
This season of Fargo has been really phenomenal imo...

That reminds me I never got around to finishing the Wire either, beginning of season 2 dulled me out for some reason can't remember... there's too much good TV these days, too little time for it.

Leftovers series finale was also excellent, best most satisfying finale I can remember for a good while.

The Leftovers was the most underrated series I can think of. Loved that show.

This last episode was great. I keep getting lost but then they bring it around and get me back on track.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT