ADVERTISEMENT

Fantasy Football

The trade for McBride went through, and a few people were mad, they thought it was shiesty to trade so early. But the trade was open for 4 days and it just needed 3 vetos. So their problem, not mine.

That team now has
QB - A-Rich (Daniels as a backup who might be better)
WR - CeeDee
WR - London
WR - Waddle
RB - Kyren
RB - James Conner
TE - McBride
Flex -Scary Terry (or B-rob, Jaleel, Palmer, Jaxon
D -Jets
K - Moody (San Fran)

That team is going to smash if it stays relatively healthy. I really just could use a better RB2 and RB depth.. But I really think Conner and B-Rob can be those guys.

Reactions: GeraldV
I only got “sniped” on one guy. I wanted T. Spears from Tennessee to be my last RB and he got yoked from me last second.

The trade for McBride went through, and a few people were mad, they thought it was shiesty to trade so early. But the trade was open for 4 days and it just needed 3 vetos. So their problem, not mine.

That team now has
QB - A-Rich (Daniels as a backup who might be better)
WR - CeeDee
WR - London
WR - Waddle
RB - Kyren
RB - James Conner
TE - McBride
Flex -Scary Terry (or B-rob, Jaleel, Palmer, Jaxon
D -Jets
K - Moody (San Fran)

That team is going to smash if it stays relatively healthy. I really just could use a better RB2 and RB depth.. But I really think Conner and B-Rob can be those guys.
Yep. If you stay healthy, you could package a couple guys together at the trade deadline and get a better RB2 orFlex.

Man I don't really love forcing people to draft a certain number of positions. I'd be curious to hear how that works out.
We’ve always done that since the league started in the fall of 1995. Not sure why we decided to do that originally, but this league is really conservative. We didn’t add TE’s as a separate position until about 15 years ago—before that, they were lumped in with the WRs. We didn’t go PPR until roughly a decade ago.

It is neat to be able to have decent players on the waiver wire to pick up each week, though. With only 40 RBs drafted, as an example, there is always someone that can help if you suffer a horrible injury.

We’ve always done that since the league started in the fall of 1995. Not sure why we decided to do that originally, but this league is really conservative. We didn’t add TE’s as a separate position until about 15 years ago—before that, they were lumped in with the WRs. We didn’t go PPR until roughly a decade ago.

It is neat to be able to have decent players on the waiver wire to pick up each week, though. With only 40 RBs drafted, as an example, there is always someone that can help if you suffer a horrible injury.

I'm sure it's probably fine once you get the hang of it, keeping an eye on the positions. But I just hate the notion of having to take a 2nd TE when there's a lot better options at RB and WR. Also, if the protocol is you have to draft them, but you don't necessarily have to keep them (right?), then the Waiver wire HAS to be an auction system. Because it would be real shitty if guys have to pass on good players just to add a 2nd TE.. and then the guy with the 1st waiver just goes in to scoop up Blake Corum, while you're sitting there with Cole Kmet.

In a 10 team, there still should be a lot of waiver activity. There's a heck of a lot of talent still available, that will likely blow up as the season goes on. Seeing as how the league is conservative, I bet this is a change they wouldn't even notice.

I'm sure it's probably fine once you get the hang of it, keeping an eye on the positions. But I just hate the notion of having to take a 2nd TE when there's a lot better options at RB and WR. Also, if the protocol is you have to draft them, but you don't necessarily have to keep them (right?), then the Waiver wire HAS to be an auction system. Because it would be real shitty if guys have to pass on good players just to add a 2nd TE.. and then the guy with the 1st waiver just goes in to scoop up Blake Corum, while you're sitting there with Cole Kmet.

In a 10 team, there still should be a lot of waiver activity. There's a heck of a lot of talent still available, that will likely blow up as the season goes on. Seeing as how the league is conservative, I bet this is a change they wouldn't even notice.
Even better, we have a free for all pickup system. If you are watching a game and one of your guys gets stretchered off, you can drop a player and claim someone else, first come first served.

It is uncontrolled chaos, in the best way. We decided long ago that if you are watching a game and see someone get hurt or someone go off, and make the claim, you should be rewarded for putting in the time watching the games.

You get multiple messages throughout Sunday with people putting in their claims all through the games that day!

Even better, we have a free for all pickup system. If you are watching a game and one of your guys gets stretchered off, you can drop a player and claim someone else, first come first served.

It is uncontrolled chaos, in the best way. We decided long ago that if you are watching a game and see someone get hurt or someone go off, and make the claim, you should be rewarded for putting in the time watching the games.

You get multiple messages throughout Sunday with people putting in their claims all through the games that day!

That's very interesting. It basically rewards those who are watching, which is a good thing to me. So the question then becomes, does anyone mass drop these extra players they were forced to draft, immediately when the waiver period opens for the year? Which I'm assuming is right when the draft is over? Because in the example above, if I already shaded a TE where I grabbed someone like Muth, and THEN still had to take another TE such as Kmet.. I'm dropping Kmet as fast as I can and picking up someone like Josh Palmer or Josh Downs who would almost for sure be on waivers.

McLaurin in the 5th, that’s a steal!

Anyone venture into RSO yet?

I ahven't. I've been using Yahoo for everything. There are definitely some things that could be better, but for the most part it's been pretty reliable. The only thing I wish Yahoo did better was do more with trophies, team stats, records, etc. If you've had the same league for years, I'd like to see more info on who the best has been, who has beaten who the most times and all that. Would be cool to see and track. Like, you get a gold trophy if you beat a league opponent 10 times, and you could compare trophies and such. IDK, there's just a lot more Yahoo could do with it.

Yeah I'm hyped on Scary Terry's season. I think he's going to blow up. My only worry is that the Redskins O-line still seems to be bottom 5 in the league.. But with Daniels, B-Rob, Terry.. I think that's a solid starting 3. And I think the NFC East might wind up being one of the worst divisions. I could see their win total being near the bottom.

That's very interesting. It basically rewards those who are watching, which is a good thing to me. So the question then becomes, does anyone mass drop these extra players they were forced to draft, immediately when the waiver period opens for the year? Which I'm assuming is right when the draft is over? Because in the example above, if I already shaded a TE where I grabbed someone like Muth, and THEN still had to take another TE such as Kmet.. I'm dropping Kmet as fast as I can and picking up someone like Josh Palmer or Josh Downs who would almost for sure be on waivers.
Nope. You have to keep the same number of assigned roster slots all year. If you pick up a RB from the wire, you’ve got to drop a RB!

I ahven't. I've been using Yahoo for everything. There are definitely some things that could be better, but for the most part it's been pretty reliable. The only thing I wish Yahoo did better was do more with trophies, team stats, records, etc. If you've had the same league for years, I'd like to see more info on who the best has been, who has beaten who the most times and all that. Would be cool to see and track. Like, you get a gold trophy if you beat a league opponent 10 times, and you could compare trophies and such. IDK, there's just a lot more Yahoo could do with it.

Yeah I'm hyped on Scary Terry's season. I think he's going to blow up. My only worry is that the Redskins O-line still seems to be bottom 5 in the league.. But with Daniels, B-Rob, Terry.. I think that's a solid starting 3. And I think the NFC East might wind up being one of the worst divisions. I could see their win total being near the bottom.

Are you just completely overlooking Austin Ekeler?

Also RSO allows for contracts etc.

I’m in a 32 team league with 53 roster spots and the real NFL budget with 1-2-3-4 yr contracts, rookie options, and extensions.

It’s made everything else boring AF.

• Wow
Reactions: GeraldV
Whoa. That's pretty hardcore.
Yeah, looking at some of these rules, they seem insane by today’s standards. We didn’t know any better back then and now we are old and grumpy so we sort of just kept everything the same since, lol.

W/o do have four IR slots where you can keep a player for three weeks in the event of an injury and pick up another guy for that time period.

Someone ten or twenty posts ago mentioned remembering scoring games by the old Tuesday USA Today newspapers. That’s exactly how we did things back then!

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Are you just completely overlooking Austin Ekeler?

Also RSO allows for contracts etc.

I’m in a 32 team league with 53 roster spots and the real NFL budget with 1-2-3-4 yr contracts, rookie options, and extensions.

It’s made everything else boring AF.

For fantasy, I am. I think he's close to gassed. I usually try and follow the money, and it's not like the Redskins really shelled out much for Ekeler. 2y/12mil deal for a pretty good pass-catching back.. something tells me it's going to be Brobs RB room until he gets injured.

Ekeler is 29, and he had a sharp decline in efficiency last season. I'm just too worried that cliff is there, and I try to avoid those guys at all costs. You'll notice I almost never draft a guy past like 27-28, unless there's a caveat (Terry is 28 but has only played 5 seasons) or it's a QB.

Wow, that sounds like a pretty sweet system. Sadly, I dont have enough guys for that, and almost half of them are far too casual for that type of system.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT