ADVERTISEMENT

Fantasy Football

Waiting for the league to vote on this trade.

My Javonte Williams for his Davante Adams.

It's risky, because I think Javonte has the safer floor. But Davante is still davante and they got rid of Josh McDaniels. I also have a ton of RBs: JT, Gibbs, Ken Walker, swift and Ford.. and this is also a 3 WR league.

I feel like this is a home run pickup, that shouldn't cost me anything.

I've now lost 2 out of 3 in an asswhoopin' this weekend. The dude with the RB's beat me by 62 points with mostly Herbert, St. Brown, Hockenson and Montgomery. Back in to 2nd place.

Reactions: GeraldV
My ship has sunk. Worst season ever. Sitting this deep with three wins and playoffs are almost entirely out of reach unless I get a miracle starting this week. I hate my life.

Reactions: Keeping the faith
Big injuries today.. Mark Andrew's done for the year and so is Burrow. Huge ramifications for fantasy.

To heck with FF. I've been playing for 30 years. Can't believe I held on this long. It's all about luck. Only skill involved is getting guys on good offenses and don't hamstring yourself during byes. A blind monkey can manage a fantasy team. Coming from a guy who plays 12 team DEEP rosters with guys who know what they are doing. Won multiple titles for big bucks through the years. I'm done after this year. More like a job anymore and I value my time. I don't ever wanna see another ADOT again. I'll still do Underdog and my friendly Draft Kings weekly games, though.

My ship has sunk. Worst season ever. Sitting this deep with three wins and playoffs are almost entirely out of reach unless I get a miracle starting this week. I hate my life.

Did your miracle materialize this week? XD

Big injuries today.. Mark Andrew's done for the year and so is Burrow. Huge ramifications for fantasy.

I've barely been paying attention to football, real or fantasy, the past few weeks (I've just gotten bored of it...short attention span), but Burrow's injury totally killed the season for me.

I can't complain about my sports teams' overall performances during my lifetime: UK basketball's gone 4-6 in NCAA championships games (3-5 in games that I'm old enough to remember) and has absolutely dominated most of its rivals; the Reds have gone 1-1 in the World Series (that 1990 season was incredible); and the Bengals (my least favorite of the trio) have been to three Super Bowls. I'd like to see at least one more championship before I kick the bucket, but at this point I dunno if it's gonna happen unless I live to be 100. XD

Did your miracle materialize this week? XD

I've barely been paying attention to football, real or fantasy, the past few weeks (I've just gotten bored of it...short attention span), but Burrow's injury totally killed the season for me.

I can't complain about my sports teams' overall performances during my lifetime: UK basketball's gone 4-6 in NCAA championships games (3-5 in games that I'm old enough to remember) and has absolutely dominated most of its rivals; the Reds have gone 1-1 in the World Series (that 1990 season was incredible); and the Bengals (my least favorite of the trio) have been to three Super Bowls. I'd like to see at least one more championship before I kick the bucket, but at this point I dunno if it's gonna happen unless I live to be 100. XD
No miracle here. Kupp inuring his ankle in the first quarter did me in.

• Sad
Reactions: J_Dee
No idea how the Eagles won with Brown getting 1 point but I'll happily take the dub.

Lots of Hurts and Swift work load. I needed loke 36points from Hurts last night.. and honestly, if not for the rain and the slow start, I think he could have gotten it. He had like 3 fantasy points close to the half and still finished with 19.

I'm firmly in 2nd place in one league and probably going to overtake 1st.

Other league I'm 5th but basically tied with 6th and 7th with 8th on our heels.

Funny enough in that 2nd league, the guy who screwed me last year by reminding the last place team to add players to beat me.. he's in this league too. And sure enough I play the last place team on the last week. So I'm having the commish lock his team as he's already eliminated. It's sad that I have to even watch for stuff like this.

That Hurts rushing TD is likely going to save me in the league I'm in danger of missing playoffs. I'm up 35 and have DJ moore.. but he has Ekeler, Keaton and Hock. Favored to win by 10, but it's full PPR, so Ekeler and Hock could be go off for 30 (so could DJ Moore though).

Just need to make playoffs and I should get JJ back.

I'll be the 5 or 6 seed that no one wants to see.

Lost by 5. Won every other close game this year so that's another streak that ended. Josh Allen pretty much beat me by himself with TD's being the difference more or less. I had 5 and my opponent had 6.

• Sad
I finished second place overall, first in my division, and got a first-round playoffs bye. :)

IDK if I should start Dallas vs. Miami week 16, so I'm picking up Denver vs. New England just in case (I've got an empty roster space due to losing Tank Dell).

I'm so burned out on sports. I'm barely even paying attention to UK this season.

Reactions: jameslee32
Finished as the 3 Seed going 9-5 and facing the 6 Seed. Won big (80 pts) over the first place team so he's now the 2 Seed. We don't have byes anymore so everyone plays this week.

Picked up Browning last week but didn't play him and Jackson has another good matchup this week. If I can win, who knows?

One league I'm in the Semis as the 5 seed. Did this without Justin Jefferson as my 1.01 and Jonathan Taylor as my 2.10.. not going to lie, I'm pretty damn impressed I was able to grind this out. Although I also lost Tank Dell and this team just doesn't have the horses to take out the #1 overall seed this week.

In the other league I gave up the 2seed and the Bye this week. And now I play the same guy who just beat me last week in a 3/6 matchup. This was the league that, for the most part, I was the best team in.. but now my guys are struggling. AJ brown and Swift aren't doing great as the eagles struggle. My trade for Davante Adams is proving to be not much help. And Tua (especially if Tyreek is injured) really worries me in mod December. I actually think I'm going to go grab Stafford and play him. But if I can win this week, my opponent next week is kind of garbage, so I should be able to get to the title game.

First time in several years I did not make the playoffs. Will see how it goes in the toliet bowl this season.

• Sad
Our toilet bowl loser, or effectively, the Sacko from FX's The League.. will either need to take, and pass, the SAT exam at the bar we go to for March Madness, or they will need to play an instrument outside of the bar and collect $20 from passerbys before they can come inside.

How do you “pass” an SAT test? Isn’t the score just the score?

Last place in our league has to wear a jersey of Rush, the band, during the next year’s draft where everyone takes pictures and mocks them the whole time because, really, what more embarrassing than that?

How do you “pass” an SAT test? Isn’t the score just the score?

Last place in our league has to wear a jersey of Rush, the band, during the next year’s draft where everyone takes pictures and mocks them the whole time because, really, what more embarrassing than that?

It's why as commish, I added the 2nd punishment, because I don't love the SAT idea. One guy already said "If I come in last and have to take it, I'm just circling C for every answer so I can be done with it".

Wasn't the best idea proposed. But the musical instrument with a sign that says "Anything Helps, I came in last place in Fantasy and can't go inside until I make $20" while playing a freaking trumpet, is going to have everyone in stitches. I'm going to piss myself listening to awful trumpet noises while someone stands outside in 45 degree weather.

Hahaha, I kind of like Rush.

Reactions: J_Dee and GeraldV
I’m with you…I don’t like the SAT thing. I think the musical instrument idea is stellar, though. Hand them over a high school recorder and tell them to go to work.

As for fantasy moves.. not a whole lot left. Seems like an even more bare final stretch as far as FAs go than usual. Maybe Odell, maybe Ty Chandler.. but almost any one worth while is likely scooped up.

Awful lot of bad QB play that could make or break teams. Not only for the teams whose QBs got injured.. but you got Davante, Chase, Jefferson, Keenan Allen, GWilson and several others.. any of whom could get 3 fantasy points or 30, all because their QBs are suspect as of now.

1st round bye with a 12-2 record. 10 teamer. Studs abound on my team but this league rewards long TDs and bonus pts for alternate scoring. QB runs one it's 3 bonus pts, or RB catches a score it's 3 bonus pts, etc. Got a great shot at the Title.

Wrong thread?

Anyways, big kick off to fantasy playoffs last night. Holy cow it was wild to watch the Raiders pour it on early. It was 35-0 and Davanta Adams had no TDs lol.

Thankfully he got on the board. The problem is whole I have him in one league, I also play against him in another.

League 1; In the title game, and I did it, essentially without my top3 picks. JT was out, I had to bench Hurts, and Jefferson played but he's still coming off injury. As I said earlier, I'm as impressed with this performance as any other. I was without 2 of my top3 picks for most of the year, AND had last in waivers because of draft 1.01 and here I am, in the finals and FAVORED in the finals. The opponent got scared and asked to split the winnings, $250 each.

League 2: Moved onto the semis. This is my better team on the year, but they are sputtering a bit at the end. My opponent just put up 180... but he's got tough matchups this week. He has Deebo and CMC, but they are playing baltimore. I think I can take him. Just need to figure out QB: TLaw, Tua, or someone else? Maybe Baker?

The top 3 seeds all lost in our league. My opponent's team scored the most points of the year (195) with 9 TD's. He started Cook, Gibbs, LaPorta and the Dolphins D. smh

The top 3 seeds all lost in our league. My opponent's team scored the most points of the year (195) with 9 TD's. He started Cook, Gibbs, LaPorta and the Dolphins D. smh

A LOT of teams got screwed in the last week or two. Herbert/Allen tandem, Tyreek being ruled out only an hour before the game, Hurts being possibly out for a Monday night game. Seems like the teams that dominated most of the year with some of these stud players, just caught the injury bug at the worst time.

This year also saw a lot of the best conferences face off against each other. NFC East played AFC East and NFC West. NFC West had to play the solid defenses of the AFC North. Bills seemingly play the Bengals and the Chiefs every year and not sure how that's allowed. That created a lot of tough match ups for some of the leagues best players.. Meanwhile the the NFC/AFC South not not only played 6 games in conference, but they played each other.. and there's not a whole leck of a lot of players you want on the South divisions.

So you get guys like Hurts and AJ Brown and Pollard, but then you have to watch them seemingly play top10 team after top10 team, sometimes having the gamescript work against them,

Had a 1st round bye. In the semis this week and am seriously considering starting Purdy over Hurts. I have AJ though and the Eagles play the Giants. It's a good thing Cook is balling now. My pickups of the year were Jerome Ford, Tank Dell and Tre McBride. Obviously won't be starting Dell or Ford but Tre has been an eye opener considering TE is a wasteland. I like my chances and have good matchups this week.

Had a 1st round bye. In the semis this week and am seriously considering starting Purdy over Hurts. I have AJ though and the Eagles play the Giants. It's a good thing Cook is balling now. My pickups of the year were Jerome Ford, Tank Dell and Tre McBride. Obviously won't be starting Dell or Ford but Tre has been an eye opener considering TE is a wasteland. I like my chances and have good matchups this week.

I got those same pickups, and in one league I got those 3 AND Puka. That's the league where I'm in the finals this week.

The gamescript for the Giants could go south real quick. Maybe the Eagles finally rely on the run. What I would do here is NOT pair up AJ and Hurts as one bad game from either (or an injury to either) could affect both. If say the Eagles were to get 2 defensive touchdowns, then Pilly is going to run the clock, and Hurts and AJ could end up being duds.

I would go with Purdy as he should have a nice 15-20pt floor. I would only play Hurts and AJ together if you really need to score a a lot, and hope that they both go off and get you like 60.

A LOT of teams got screwed in the last week or two. Herbert/Allen tandem, Tyreek being ruled out only an hour before the game, Hurts being possibly out for a Monday night game. Seems like the teams that dominated most of the year with some of these stud players, just caught the injury bug at the worst time.

This year also saw a lot of the best conferences face off against each other. NFC East played AFC East and NFC West. NFC West had to play the solid defenses of the AFC North. Bills seemingly play the Bengals and the Chiefs every year and not sure how that's allowed. That created a lot of tough match ups for some of the leagues best players.. Meanwhile the the NFC/AFC South not not only played 6 games in conference, but they played each other.. and there's not a whole leck of a lot of players you want on the South divisions.

So you get guys like Hurts and AJ Brown and Pollard, but then you have to watch them seemingly play top10 team after top10 team, sometimes having the gamescript work against them,
I have Hill, Stroud and Hollywood Brown all hurting and either inactive last weekend or active with no points.. Not that I could make up ALL those points. :mad:

As far as the schedule it's by design. The first place winner of a division always plays the winners of the other divisions in the same conference. For example, the Bengals, Bills, Jags and Chefs all play each other this year based on last years results. This theme also repeats for the 2nd, 3rd and last place teams always playing their corresponding opponents in the other 3 divisions.

This is in addition to a schedule of divisions playing one another. For example, the AFC North is playing the AFC South and the NFC West this year.

When the NFL added a 17th game, a similar scenario applied. So because the Bengals won the North last year, they were scheduled to play the first place winner in the 2022 NFC North, the Vikings.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I have Hill, Stroud and Hollywood Brown all hurting and either inactive last weekend or active with no points.. Not that I could make up ALL those points. :mad:

As far as the schedule it's by design. The first place winner of a division always plays the winners of the other divisions in the same conference. For example, the Bengals, Bills, Jags and Chefs all play each other this year based on last years results. This theme also repeats for the 2nd, 3rd and last place teams always playing their corresponding opponents in the other 3 divisions.

This is in addition to a schedule of divisions playing one another. For example, the AFC North is playing the AFC South and the NFC West this year.

When the NFL added a 17th game, a similar scenario applied. So because the Bengals won the North last year, they were scheduled to play the first place winner in the 2022 NFC North, the Vikings.

I don't love that, though. I know the NFL likes it's matchups for money and viewership. But I don't think being a top team, means your reward is potentially having a tougher schedule.

But, maybe that helps create parity, so whatevers I guess.

I don't love that, though. I know the NFL likes it's matchups for money and viewership. But I don't think being a top team, means your reward is potentially having a tougher schedule.

But, maybe that helps create parity, so whatevers I guess.
Been that way for quite a while and although a last place team will be playing other last place teams, they also have to play a first place team in their own division twice and the first place team in 2 other divisions. One in each conference.

So by contrast, this year the Bengals also played 3 last place teams of 2022. The Browns (twice), Texans and Cardinals.

I was eliminated in the toilet bowl playoffs last week, so I am thrilled to be done with this shit for the next several months. This season about broke me so I need some time to recover, lol.

Good luck to all of you though!

Champ in one league that ended last week, in the finals this week for the other league.. and CeeDee Lamb just went bananas for me. I could sweep my leagues this year AND beat two different archnemeses in both.

(Already beat the guy who tried to cheat me least year, and I'm playing another guy who never pays his league dues and have to fight with him every year.. both are turds)

Reactions: J_Dee and GeraldV
Champ in one league that ended last week, in the finals this week for the other league.. and CeeDee Lamb just went bananas for me. I could sweep my leagues this year AND beat two different archnemeses in both.

(Already beat the guy who tried to cheat me least year, and I'm playing another guy who never pays his league dues and have to fight with him every year.. both are turds)
It's good to beat the turds! I lost in the semis last week. Had the best team all year but AJ Brown killed me near the end. DJ Moore did no favors either. This was my Fantasy Swan Song. After 30 years of playing, I'm out. I can't enjoy the games anymore. It was a good ride. Won numerous titles and collected a lot of money over the years but I'm done. I'll still do daily fantasy and possibly Underdog again, though. But seasonal leagues are over for me. Fantasy skill is not as good as luck.

I just need less than 60 points combined from A. Jones, McPherson, and Seattle defense.. I got this in the bag!

Bills defense was one of my best players today, go figure. And they did it while giving up that early kick return for a TD.

CeeDee lamb has been huge.. and he was likely paired with someone else not long after. I drafted 1.10 and 2.01.. so with those back to back picks I went with Lamb and AJ Brown. Aj brown has been a letdown the last few weeks but otherwise he was a monster all season.

Sure beats drafting like Jefferson, Rupp, Chase, Bijan.. or heck, almost anyone else in the top10 not named CMC or Tyreek.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT